Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there will be Taylor swift music in the ride. Maybe the ride can be with 2 trackless RV's going at once and interacting with each other and with various objects along the way. I can see them keeping the land as toon lagoon, because this is technically a cartoon. Maybe they'll just rename toon lagoon to something that still has to do with animated things, but remove the lagoon part of the name.

Well they can still keep the Lagoon name, since it does border one. Just think to have modern CGI animation get placed in a land with old-school newspaper comics can be a jarring transition.

If this is true, regardless of how good the attraction will be, this seems to be Universal's ballsiest move to date. SLoP debuts mere weeks after "Finding Dory" does, and it's not a prior existing franchise, so this is not a "safe bet". It's not, simply because we have nothing to go on besides, "Well kids find cats and dogs to be cute and the teaser had a good reception on YouTube."

It's not a 3D film, it's not a show. We're talking about a full-scale, trackless dark ride with audio-animatronics supposedly being thumbsed up that's based on a movie which won't be released for another eight months.

After spending time debating on twitter and reading the "in the know" from various trustworthy insiders (many of whom are posting in this thread currently), I will say there's one thing people can agree on if this rumor comes to be: it is, without a doubt, a 100% anti-Disney move. Not that it's trying to compete with Disney necessarily, but in that this is something Disney would never, ever do nowadays.

This would be Universal betting money on an untested property for an lavish E-Ticket attraction (if the rumors are accurate), that even if it flops they will just have to own it and make it good enough to stand by itself. And it'll debut within two years after the movie comes out. And its not like the theme parks don't have new attractions coming in, either.

I imagine within the halls of WDI exist numerous concept art drawings of potential attractions based on various Disney properties that will never see the light of day because they simply spent too much time trying to dart through red tape for it, and then gave up because it was already eons since the movie debuted.

And here we have Universal about to slam down a ton of dough for a property that has yet to come into being for the most part (which feels like an extreme overcorrection re: Minion Mayhem), they aren't just confident: they're dowright audacious. If SLoP turns out to be Despicable Me huge, then wow. Bravo, Universal.

If it's a flop... well, let's just say that there's incentive on going full throttle. Nobody blinks their eye at Splash Mountain despite Disney trying to deny existence of Song of the South everywhere else. It'll just have to live out its life as a great theme park attraction despite being based on a mediocre movie. Works for WaterWorld...

I think in the future, TL will eventually become an "Illumination" land with part of it going to DM:MM/ a new Super Silly Fun Land and another part going to this.

And as Illumination makes more movies, those IPs will be represented here as well (not the Seuss ones).

Basically Universal's own Pixar Place.

Of SLoP (never going to tire of that acronym) bombs it still fills a hole for IOA with a family friendly dark ride. Success of the property just makes sure people come and visit it "when in orlando". This is a home run with a possibility of a grand slam.

SLoP debuts mere weeks after "Finding Dory" does.

It comes out nearly a whole month after Dory. It'll be fine. Animation in the summer nearly always does well. I'll be amazed if this does less than 500 million worldwide, which is what the Cars movies did, and they got a whole land and possibly the most expensive ride of all time.

And here we have Universal about to slam down a ton of dough.

I don't think this will be as expensive as you think, and the R&D will be split between parks, making it "cheaper"

They are totally gonna do a Transformers here. It's going to be a single giant six story block "apartment" building with painted on brick and window sills screwed on the side. It will be totally out of context and stick out like a sore thumb.

I think in the future, TL will eventually become an "Illumination" land with part of it going to DM:MM/ a new Super Silly Fun Land and another part going to this.

And as Illumination makes more movies, those IPs will be represented here as well (not the Seuss ones).

Basically Universal's own Pixar Place.

I feel like this is phase one of that project...Illumination has some stuff in the pipeline..

I believe many have mentioned an Illumination Island before..could be very cool, basically the Nintendo of IOA

Haha, is Universal really planning on opening a AA heavy, trackless dark ride right before Disney's big AA heavy trackless Star Wars dark ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.