Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Ride Ideas

I wonder if there is room for another roller coaster similar to Hollywood Dream – The Ride and Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always wanted to see a version of Rock-it go through CityWalk. It would be more isolated to help seal the noise and it would be the most appropriate atmosphere for that ride. Construction would probably be a headache though. 

I was thinking that as well but where would the entrance be i wonder.

I was thinking that as well but where would the entrance be i wonder.

I guess you could place it over in Super Silly Funland.  The coaster could go behind Minion Mayhem over the main entrance ( ex Hollywood Dream.) and into Citywalk.

I would LOVE to see something like Hollywood Dream at USH, but it probably will never happen unfortunately.  God I want a B&M hyper coaster in SoCal sooo bad.

I guess you could place it over in Super Silly Funland.  The coaster could go behind Minion Mayhem over the main entrance ( ex Hollywood Dream.) and into Citywalk.

I would LOVE to see something like Hollywood Dream at USH, but it probably will never happen unfortunately.  God I want a B&M hyper coaster in SoCal sooo bad.

Well, we already have a B&M hyper. (Goliath) The only thing is that it's just "eh". But I hear ya. I really want something like Mako at Sea World Orlando as well. 

If they ever build an "out and back" style coaster, I was thinking of having the loading by WaterWorld and have the track go around the entrance plaza and then thru City Walk. 

That will probably never happen, but it would be GREAT; especially with the view of the entire valley. 

^ Goliath is not B&M, it's a Giovanola... but that said I would also love a B&M hyper or mega coaster at the park that makes its way into CityWalk. That would be really cool/ fun to ride. 

Last time I was at USH, I realized how loud the frog choir is. I mean, it is LOUD. I'm thinking if USH can get away with that, why not have a real roller coaster as previously suggested where it would be more noise-secluded. If they can get away with the deafening frog choir facing the studio and the neighbors, they can certainly get away with a coaster which is not as loud if it went through CityWalk. There isn't really an excuse now. 

"But Freak, that show only runs certain times throughout the day"

Hippogriff is outdoors and running all day. Its not even half as loud as that Chior. They can do it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time I was at USH, I realized how loud the frog choir is. I mean, it is LOUD. I'm thinking if USH can get away with that, why not have a real roller coaster as previously suggested where it would be more noise-secluded. If they can get away with the deafening frog choir facing the studio and the neighbors, they can certainly get away with a coaster which is not as loud if it went through CityWalk. There isn't really an excuse now. 

Hippogriff is outdoors and running all day. Its not even half as loud as that Chior. They can do it. 

Adding onto this; take a look of how the hell Hollywood Dream from Japan sounds so quiet in its videos of the off-ride, it makes me a bit annoyed of it. It could be of the screams, but come on; you can make sure that the screams don't radiate to the neighborhoods, and you'd possibly be able to do a really solid Out-Back coaster.

Speakers radiate sound differently than a roller coaster. As long as the system is properly tuned and deployed, you shouldn't be spilling sound that far into the distance.

Here's a cool experiment: the next time you see the Frog Choir performing, walk outside of Hogsmeade in front of Production Central? Can you still hear the show? Repeat that experiment with a coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain in the parking lot - can you still hear the screams in the back of the lot?

you can make sure that the screams don't radiate to the neighborhoods

How would you do that without enclosing the coaster?

They have the "scream tunnels" on California Screamin but I have no idea how good that does for noise levels.

Or we could pull a Maliboomer and install each seat with scream shields:

BoomerShields.jpg

...still amazed this was a thing.

It could be something like the Tron Light Cycle coaster. 

TronRide2.png

The whole "wavy" thing acts as a scream shield. 

Also, yes the Frog Choir is very loud. It isn't as loud as a roller coaster. But you can hear the bass from the Studio Tour and near the entrance of the land. The "dub-step frog wubs" can also be heard from a fair amount of distance away.

With Steven Spielberg's new WB film Ready Player One coming out, would you like to see Universal join forces and create an all new attraction based upon the film?

I was thinking the other day what if Universal Studios Built a ride on a Perhaps on the Grinch and they called it Mount
Crampit. The ride would be a e- ticket coaster with AA's , Visual effects , couple screens ? But the ride itself would be inside the mountain ? What do you guys think of it ?