Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: Employee Preview Thread

General Consenus I'm personally reading:

AHS: Good but not as good as last year.

Shining: Great, beats Exorcist by a long shot.

Fallen: Great, fun.

DW: HOTY for a good chunk so far.

SAW: Nothing. Haven't seen more than one review.

AvED: Comedy house, faithful to show.

Scarecrow: Also pretty good.

HIVE: Mixed bag. Heard it's meh, heard it's real scary.

Blumhouse: :thumbsdown:

So-far, AvED contains the demonic car from S2, Jacksonville, and possibly even more. I am happy to see more dedication placed for this version, and that I am interested to hear how people react.

Scarecrow and Dead Water sound like they are being loved, and that DW even is sounding like it has a lot of HOTY potential.

Oh, and Sam is actually walking around in the TrT Scarezone, so there is that too.

I am happy to see what is shown so-far for HHN27 and already looks a haluvalot better than hollywood.

So-far, AvED contains the demonic car from S2, Jacksonville, and possibly even more. I am happy to see more dedication placed for this version, and that I am interested to hear how people react.

Scarecrow and Dead Water sound like they are being loved, and that DW even is sounding like it has a lot of HOTY potential.

Oh, and Sam is actually walking around in the TrT Scarezone, so there is that too.

I am happy to see what is shown so-far for HHN27 and already looks a haluvalot better than hollywood.

This year is honestly already exceeding all my expectations from the original leaked lineup. And I haven't even gone yet.

General Consenus I'm personally reading:

AHS: Good but not as good as last year.

Shining: Great, beats Exorcist by a long shot.

Fallen: Great, fun.

DW: HOTY for a good chunk so far.

SAW: Nothing. Haven't seen more than one review.

AvED: Comedy house, faithful to show.

Scarecrow: Also pretty good.

HIVE: Mixed bag. Heard it's meh, heard it's real scary.

Blumhouse: :thumbsdown:

I heard Saw was fun and better than 09's

Apparently Purge in any house = StrobeAThon. Shame, with Insidious over HDD I thought ours might have had a chance at beating Hollywood's.

Apparently Purge in any house = StrobeAThon.
Shame, with Insidious over HDD I thought ours might have had a chance at beating Hollywood's.

giphy.gif

At least it's the first part of the house...... right? RIGHT? :cry:

The Oldsmobile Delta 88! The car appears in almost all of Sam Raimi's projects including: The Evil Dead (1982), Evil Dead 2 (1987), Army of Darkness (1992), A Simple Plan (1998), Spiderman (2002), Spiderman 2 (2004), Spiderman 3 (2007), Drag Me to Hell (2009) and Evil Dead (2013).

Speaking of Ash vs Evil Dead, the wax figure/mannequin of Ash (Bruce Campbell) located inside the HHN Tribute store is really bad. Looks nothing like Campbell.

Yeah, I'm hoping the Sinister and Insidious parts are good.

Out of all the houses, this is the only one I haven't seen a good review for...so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Hollywood's wasn't so hot either, and their Sinister section was a total waste.

atleast it doesn't suck for Hollywood.

I respectfully disagree on that, Alex. The only "good" part of Hollywoods was the Purge.

All,

Reminder that employee previews should not be considered show ready or complete. The event is done to give TMs a chance to see the event for their knowledge with guests, a trial run for scare actors, and a reward for their hard work.

Take all first reactions as that, reactions. Not reviews.

(Additionally the event is still recovering from the hurricane and canceled rehearsals)

Last edited by a moderator:
All,

Reminder that employee previews should not be considered show ready or complete. The event is done to give TMs a chance to see the event for their knowledge with guests, a trial run for scare actors, and a reward for their hard work.

It was to be the Comjuring.

I thought that was Hive that replaced Conjuring?

All,

(Additionally the event is still recovering from the hurricane and canceled rehearsals)

It was to be the Comjuring.

Not the Blumhouse. Hive was Conjuring.

Conjuring was replaced by Hive. It's never been confirmed BoH was Insidious but I've heard that's what it was supposed to be, which is why most of its Insidious. Additionally, Purge wasn't supposed to be there; Purge's spot was Ouija