T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Surprisingly, the gift shop still features plenty of Terminator 2:3D attraction specific items. Grab them while you can!!

Attempted to grab some more footage today but got chased around by a TM who for some reason was really strict about no filming.

Last edited:
It's also Horror Make up show's exit gift shop. I imagine the comic book store stuff sticks around well after the T2 show closes.

Really? I have found Universal Security very pleasant when snapping pics or video.
Speaking of Universal Security, we experienced one of the Universal Security people (the guy with the Smokey hat), that in his spare off the clock time, entertains the customers with some really hilarious antics, kind of spoofing the security role. He is as good as any of the regular street actors. In fact, he was so entertaining when we first saw him interacting with people in San Francisco/London area, that we followed him into Diagon Alley to watch his routine. Some of the best individual entertainment we've experienced in theme parks. We saw him in the park later, thinking he was a street actor, and spoke to him. He was a really nice guy, and that's when he told us he was just a Security Officer, but Universal lets him do the takeoffs on his lunch & break times. I can kick myself now, since I wanted to write a letter to Universal about how he brightened our vacation, but I forgot his name.

So given the 3rd terminator reboot could the rebuild just be terminator again?

It's not going to be Terminator Six. Also, I really would not put much stock into Terminator 6 happening soon, as we still have a year to go until Cameron gets the rights back, and even then; that won't automatically mean that the film will begin anytime soon (due to production on Avatar 2 beginning).

Arnie has stated at a recent UK meetup that the new film is going to ignore everything inc the tv show apart from 1 & 2 as Cameron wasn't involved in them so they don't exist in his mind. Oh and Cameron isn't directing he is just producing it as far as I have read.

Reactions: tankart150
Arnie has stated at a recent UK meetup that the new film is going to ignore everything inc the tv show apart from 1 & 2 as Cameron wasn't involved in them so they don't exist in his mind. Oh and Cameron isn't directing he is just producing it as far as I have read.
Fair point, but AFAIK; there isn't even a writer yet, outside of it being directed by Tim Miller and produced by Cameron, with Arnold and Linda returning.

Last edited:
So do we know what's replacing this? It's odd when we don't know about this stuff way in advance. UOR is really holding their cards close lately.

So do we know what's replacing this? It's odd when we don't know about this stuff way in advance. UOR is really holding their cards close lately.
I think from the drop off we've seen from WDW guests after announcing 6 years worth of construction Universel keeps things simple. They announce closings and openings when they can deliver and announce much later what they are going to build while already building. Sure I want to know it now but what Universal is doing is way smarter.

So what was the deal when Diagon was getting built? Wasn't security really strict then? I know one person from here got banned from the property, but never heard the exact story why.

As I recall, he was banned for taking too many sneaky pictures. He was very good at it but about the time he started photographing engineering plans on the worksite Universal had had enough.