Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sunset Seasons Greetings - Holiday Projection Show

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
This new projection show on a snowy Sunset Blvd will feature iconic characters sharing their love for the season. All the while, the Hollywood Tower Hotel—magically transforms, bringing to life the characters’ stories.

Disney character moments include:
  • Mickey and Minnie reminiscing about a hometown Christmas as the scene shifts into a romanticized, Norman Rockwell-inspired town—starting in black and white before slowly changing into color.
  • The Toy Story characters guessing which new toys are coming this Christmas as the scene becomes covered in holiday wrapping paper.
  • The Swedish Chef from The Muppets babbling as only he can while the scene turns into giant gingerbread houses.
  • And finally, Olaf pining over his holiday wish as iconic music plays and the scene freezes over into a Frozen winter wonderland—complete with dancing Aurora Borealis lights and projected falling snow.
The show will run continuously each evening from November 9 to December 31 2017.

Walt Disney World Resort

On the plus side, the Christmas tree is being put back inside the park. I believe it's going over in Echo Lake.

Is it just me or does it seem like Disney has just been throwing sh!t at the wall to see what sticks? (Nearly literally, in this instance.) All of the new holiday offerings they have introduced since the Spectacle of Lights ended have all just seemed like such an afterthought. Jingle Bam, the drone show, etc.

Is it just me or does it seem like Disney has just been throwing sh!t at the wall to see what sticks? (Nearly literally, in this instance.) All of the new holiday offerings they have introduced since the Spectacle of Lights ended have all just seemed like such an afterthought. Jingle Bam, the drone show, etc.
I agree about Jingle Bam, but the drone show was a partnership with IBM at a shopping mall.

Projection towers already going up:
sunset-seasons-greetings-projection-work-09072017-3.jpg

sunset-seasons-greetings-projection-work-09072017-2.jpg

The only rationale I can come up with - as I used to work in Holiday Services so I know the regular timelines - is that DHS got new decor and they want it up for promotional filming.