Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it will need to stop for the reverse bit... Hoping we get a cool show scene during the stop, but luckily it still won't be like Gringotts where every scene is a stop.

I've heard a theory on what might be happening at that track switch stop, and if true, it has me extremely excited. I think someone even mentioned it already today in this thread actually.

If there is indeed a reverse, that would explain why they'd need to use both of the old stations. Back into station one for unload, then roll back forward to the other station from inside the building. If it has to back into the load station to unload, that would cut capacity.

If there is indeed a reverse, that would explain why they'd need to use both of the old stations. Back into station one for unload, then roll back forward to the other station from inside the building. If it has to back into the load station to unload, that would cut capacity.
It would be using both stations as one forward moving track. Enter building on one side at end of ride. Exit building on other side to start ride. (And they close off the other old two openings that wouldn’t be in use anymore.)

The reverse bit happens more to the middle of the ride, like Everest or Mummy.

It would be using both stations as one forward moving track. Enter building on one side at end of ride. Exit building on other side to start ride. (And they close off the other old two openings that wouldn’t be in use anymore.)

The reverse bit happens more to the middle of the ride, like Everest or Mummy.

That's pretty much what I'm saying. Unless you mean there are two reverse tracks during the ride, it would have to back into the building.

That's pretty much what I'm saying. Unless you mean there are two reverse tracks during the ride, it would have to back into the building.
The reverse bit, like Everest or Mummy, would go back to forward shortly after yes. No coaster should go backwards for half the ride. That would be nauseating.

Reactions: Teebin
The reverse bit, like Everest or Mummy, would go back to forward shortly after yes. No coaster should go backwards for half the ride. That would be nauseating.

Firechaser at Dollywood does exactly that. Most Boomerang coasters do it. Six Flags has been known to run the Batman inverted coasters backwards for an entire season. It's really rather common for coasters to run backwards.

Reactions: Pat0070 and Andysol
I think the backwards element will be through a seesaw element. Though Alicia says it might not be Forbidden Forest after all, it it were then I could envision this scenario; coaster has a drop that leads to whatever that giant's name is (from in Order of the Phoenix), he lifts up the track to get a better look at us, and hence backwards we go.

Yes, it will need to stop for the reverse bit... Hoping we get a cool show scene during the stop, but luckily it still won't be like Gringotts where every scene is a stop.

I've heard a theory on what might be happening at that track switch stop, and if true, it has me extremely excited. I think someone even mentioned it already today in this thread actually.

Honestly, the only thing I can think of that would be fascinating, is if the track switch is a moving Track switch, to where like the Dynamic SFX coaster, it moves down a curved hill. That would be something fascinating to see from Intamin.

But either way, this sounds like it's Universals attempt of a Verbolten type attraction, and that I can't wait to see what they do.

EDIT: Here is what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
I just want to see what this coaster is going to be. So many possibilities.

From what Alicia is saying getting a ground hugging fragmented sfx coaster vibe. Fragmented being that the sfx parts of the ride all happen in separate buildings. Kinda like a pimped up Thirteen, with more buildings and far more tricks up its sleeves.

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.