Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Singapore General Discussion

knokout1

Premium Member
Jun 25, 2009
Tampa
Anyone know of what zones and rides its going to consist of? I know a few rides but wanted to know the full story if anyone does know. I know its going to have a sci-fi zone with a Star Gate(I think) dueling coaster but thats about it.

Anyone know of what zones and rides its going to consist of? I know a few rides but wanted to know the full story if anyone does know. I know its going to have a sci-fi zone with a Star Gate(I think) dueling coaster but thats about it.

Battlestar Galatica.

The Dreamworks area will look really nice :-X

Screamscape:
Big update from Universal Studios Singapore this week as we’ve been sent all new pictures of the Battlestar Galactica coaster under construction along with an extra special tidbit of knowledge from one of our spies. First think about the show itself… if your going to be a Viper pilot, what’s the first thing your going to want to experience in a Battlestar Galactica themed coaster? The launch… and apparently BG: The Ride will not disappoint. From what I’ve now heard both sides of the ride will feature an LSM launched lift hill, said to fire the trains off the top at about 40mph or so, similar in speed and force as what you experience on the Hulk at Islands of Adventure. Minus the loop… but instead you’ll get a nice pop of airtime before taking the first drop.

:yikes:

A launch on a suspended coaster?

Has that been done?

This would be sooo sick.

Screamscape:
Big update from Universal Studios Singapore this week as we’ve been sent all new pictures of the Battlestar Galactica coaster under construction along with an extra special tidbit of knowledge from one of our spies. First think about the show itself… if your going to be a Viper pilot, what’s the first thing your going to want to experience in a Battlestar Galactica themed coaster? The launch… and apparently BG: The Ride will not disappoint. From what I’ve now heard both sides of the ride will feature an LSM launched lift hill, said to fire the trains off the top at about 40mph or so, similar in speed and force as what you experience on the Hulk at Islands of Adventure. Minus the loop… but instead you’ll get a nice pop of airtime before taking the first drop.

:yikes:

A launch on a suspended coaster?

Has that been done?

This would be sooo sick.

I wonder where Lance got that info? :-X

Yes - launching inverted coasters has been done quite a few times. Volcano: The Blast Coaster at Kings Dominion was the first, and then all of the Impulse Coasters from Intamin followed. It's a first from Vekoma, but once it's done by someone that's much less of a milestone.

I wonder where Lance got that info? :-X

Yes - launching inverted coasters has been done quite a few times. Volcano: The Blast Coaster at Kings Dominion was the first, and then all of the Impulse Coasters from Intamin followed. It's a first from Vekoma, but once it's done by someone that's much less of a milestone.

That's just what I was about to ask. This is B&M isn't it? So it would be the 2nd B&M Launched Coaster?

That's just what I was about to ask. This is B&M isn't it? So it would be the 2nd B&M Launched Coaster?

Battlestar Galactica is Vekoma. One side is inverted, one side is sitdown.

B&M has only done one launched coaster, and they did not design the launch. A 3rd party did it and B&M just did the rest of the ride, basically.

Battlestar Galactica is Vekoma. One side is inverted, one side is sitdown.

B&M has only done one launched coaster, and they did not design the launch. A 3rd party did it and B&M just did the rest of the ride, basically.

Thanks for clarifying. As my post reflects I thought Battlestar was going to be B&M. Either way right on, sounds like a fun coaster.

Thanks for the tid bit on the B&M also.

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying. As my post reflects I thought Battlestar was going to be Vekoma. Either way right on, sounds like a fun coaster.

Thanks for the tid bit on the B&M also.

I'm confused... your post read lead you thought Battlestar Galactica was a B&M... soooo one of your posts had a typo and I'm not sure which? :shrug:

Either way, glad to clear it up for you, I think? Haha :lol:

I'm confused... your post read lead you thought Battlestar Galactica was a B&M... soooo one of your posts had a typo and I'm not sure which? :shrug:

Either way, glad to clear it up for you, I think? Haha :lol:

You did, and it was the 2nd post with the typo.

Wow, they changed Dueling Dragons to Battlestar Galactica. :lol: Besides that, the park looks amazing. Great find Bronzey. :thumbs:

It was originally supposed be a Marvel themed island but they changed it due to some issues with Marvel. For the record, it was changed way before Marvel was picked up by Disney.