Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looking at it yesterday, seems like they still have plenty of platform pieces stacked up waiting to go into the water.

I created two example layouts.

Grey is currently installed platforms. Yellow are two options based on "three times larger" per Alicia. Red is the under construction seating area.

We're expecting the show platforms to only cover half of the lagoon?! That's surprising.

We're expecting the show platforms to only cover half of the lagoon?! That's surprising.

My estimation was based on the size of the platforms when Alicia said someone mentioned it's only 1/3 of the platforms final size. So it's clearly not fool proof.

Agreed, not getting my hopes up until the final product is revealed, but I much prefer seeing additions/improvements to infrastructure for the show, as opposed to ugly barges just being tossed into the lagoon.
I agree with that big time. The barges really distracted from the overall aesthetic of the park and lagoon area. I'd rather not even have a show then have ugly barges or over sized spheres floating on the lagoon.

I'm surprised they are, seemingly, not going to include the viewing areas near Duff Gardens and Lombard's. Seems like a waste of prime space, especially if you want to do an upcharge dinner package...

I don’t understand why viewing would only be from Central and Battery Park. I would think they could have something like a desert party over at the seats behind Lard Lads and dinerover at Lombard’s (unless there is projection mapping only on the facades on one side of the lake).

Maybe the work in Central Park is just to have seating so more folks can sit during the show.

Anyone know why they would not prefab a platform and drop it in to the lagoon?

By drop I mean gently place

Because a platform that big would be nearly impossible to roll in the park, and would need a crane built inside the park to do it.

Yeah. I know cranes are costly. This platform started like scaffolding which I imagine could be delivered far easier and assembled on site.

To me, this is like the base of stage. Sort of like a new floor half way under water. No clue what sits on this, but I imagine there could be things placed on this floor that are prefabbed, but I can’t think of a reason not to just assemble the base there (plus it sounds like they were welding this in place, oh, so your thinking why pay for under water welding. I got you, er never mind. No clue there other than to assume the divers were cheaper than transport cost or maybe they weld to the floor of the lagoon?? Then they would still need the divers.

Reactions: shiekra38
Because to make a good show of this nature, you absolutely need a dedicated viewing angle. They tried to do a show using the entire lagoon the last two times and they were both horrible failures.

That makes perfect sense and I'm glad they are possibly going that route. The previous shows always felt too spread out. They needed a fully dedicated stage on the water.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I don't know how universal gets this show by the summer if we are counting on this being a premier level show. Given the limited level of fireworks they can use I imagine they would have to lean heavily on fountains and projections and large scale fountain installs would prob take longer than this.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I don't know how universal gets this show by the summer if we are counting on this being a premier level show. Given the limited level of fireworks they can use I imagine they would have to lean heavily on fountains and projections and large scale fountain installs would prob take longer than this.

I think there will be more fireworks than most are expecting

Even then, I agree, there’s 0 chance they get this ready by their deadline. Idk why it took so long to get started if they want this done befor August