Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Food & Drinks

Finns is basically the same service window set-up, with a strictly enforced "No Sitting" policy anywhere in the bar area. Get your drink and get out. Even with 6 experienced bartenders, could not keep up with demand.

Lombard's Wharf is dark, tho the tables are still there.

Last night, Louis' had a full (half) queue, Finns had every table filled, lines at the snack tents. Need to open Leaky ASAP, maybe bring in some food trucks.

Saturday Update: Finns not even allowing standing anymore, even during Stay & Scream. Completely turned into a walk-up window.

Duff Gardens has zero stools, saw two bartenders at height of the night.

Moes still has stools, one lone bartender--nice guy, but clearly out of his element with high-volume bartending.

Tried the red pre-mixed drink. Vile. Way too sweet. Even my girlfriend, who believe me can take a drink, called it quits before finishing.

That’s why I’ll never understand the idea that somehow their premade mixed drinks are better for public safety than a standard mixed drink. Loaded with sugar, tastes nasty, probably a mixture of different bottom of the liquor that’ll make you sicker than a dog.

Shouldn’t have to walk to the other side of the park and stand in line for 45 mins only to be treated like some 3rd rate customer because a) nobody wants to drink your warm ipa when it’s 85 degrees and muggy and b) nobody likes your premixed stuff.

That’s why I’ll never understand the idea that somehow their premade mixed drinks are better for public safety than a standard mixed drink. Loaded with sugar, tastes nasty, probably a mixture of different bottom of the liquor that’ll make you sicker than a dog.

Shouldn’t have to walk to the other side of the park and stand in line for 45 mins only to be treated like some 3rd rate customer because a) nobody wants to drink your warm ipa when it’s 85 degrees and muggy and b) nobody likes your premixed stuff.

Premixed removes the variables of heavy hands and extra for friends. What's funny is they could make them way better if they threw some fresh citrus in smaller batches right before serving. In the end they need to expand liquor; not every pop up needs fireball shots but there's no reason Lombards outside shouldn't be open. Once they increase those locations then Finns should be able to be opened up again for casual drinking and resting.

I also wonder if premixed and reducing liquor at pop up bars is an insurance mandated thing.

There are pour guns that regulate and measure alcohol pours if that's such an issue for them; it's the law in Utah and they've been doing it that way for years. I'd wager that you're far more likely to get cocked on a drink that has 3 kinds of crappy liquor in them than if you were to order something consistent like a vodka soda or a rum and coke.

This might be the wrong place to ask this, but how late are most restaurants in city walk open during HHN?

Hey y'all, I've been lurking around the forum for about a month and finally decided to create and account and participate here.. I'll be going the weekend of Sept. 28 and have a question.. Do they still have the little carts throughout lines of the houses that sell beers and such? I've been reading mixed things when it comes to alcohol.. thanks in advance.

Can anyone confirm that the Frequent Fear refillable mugs work during the day? I've seen conflicting reports on them.

I don't think HHN affects CityWalk times. CityWalk always closes at 2am.

Clubs close at 2. Restaurants generally close at 11, I believe, and even clubs that remain open go to a late night menu or cut off food early. @jseal777 if you're looking for a late bite, the food court upstairs probably your best bet.

Can anyone confirm that the Frequent Fear refillable mugs work during the day? I've seen conflicting reports on them.

Word of God on Twitter says no.