Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

The amount of people in costume at the event tonight was extreme and annoying. #unpopular opinion.

I don't think you're in the minority. I don't wanna sound like I'm full of vinegar, but the rules state "No costumes". I'm cool with outfits that are themed, or teeter the line of costume - but full-on costume should not be allowed. I saw a couple of dead cheerleaders at the event, and the last thing Universal needs is them to cause trouble and another guest to assume they're related to HHN.

I don't think you're in the minority. I don't wanna sound like I'm full of vinegar, but the rules state "No costumes". I'm cool with outfits that are themed, or teeter the line of costume - but full-on costume should not be allowed. I saw a couple of dead cheerleaders at the event, and the last thing Universal needs is them to cause trouble and another guest to assume they're related to HHN.

The make up job that they do at hhn is better than most costumes.
So you can just bring a witch hat and a goth dress and get your face done and thats a full costume right there.

The make up job that they do at hhn is better than most costumes.
So you can just bring a witch hat and a goth dress and get your face done and thats a full costume right there.

Right, so don't allow the hat. A dress is a dress, can't fight that. Together though, that's a costume. The make-up they do is over-the-top and cartoony so they wouldn't be confused with a scareactor.

I don’t mind sounding full of vinegar.

LOTS of cosplay and WAY too many costumes permitted tonight.

Also - maybe it’s just my experience but my god a lot of these scareactors on the streets spend an awful lot of time fraternizing w friends / each other. Took a 2 minute video of a victim and a pumpkin outside the church on Hollywood boulevard just shooting the sh*t.

Last edited:
The amount of people in costume at the event tonight was extreme and annoying. #unpopular opinion.
Agreed. It’s also dangerous imo if other guests think that they are scareactors. I saw several dressed as Michael Meyers and they looked pretty professional.

Right, so don't allow the hat. A dress is a dress, can't fight that. Together though, that's a costume. The make-up they do is over-the-top and cartoony so they wouldn't be confused with a scareactor.
Yeah, the makeup that they do for guests in the park would never be confused as a scareactor.

Last night wasn’t nearly as crowded as I feared it would be. Stranger Things had a long wait for the first hour or two, but seemed to settle in at around a 75 minute wait. That’s probably the second or third shortest average wait for that house of my ten nights thus far. I was able to do the front 5 houses a total of 12 times in about 3.5 hours, with Express. I didn’t even venture to the back half of the park.

Also - maybe it’s just my experience but my god a lot of these scareactors on the streets spend an awful lot of time fraternizing w friends / each other. Took a 2 minute video of a victim and a pumpkin outside the church on Hollywood boulevard just shooting the sh*t.

Thank you for saying this! I already commented on the over-hyped scare zones. I noticed it as well especially @ vamp. To the point where it felt as though you didn’t belong unless you were an employee or friend of a
scareactor. I also saw the exact same thing at the church on multiple occasions. I wasn’t going to bother mentioning it b/c we are in a time now where we like to pretend everything is perfect. Best year ever! Take selfie. Post to social media. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

I can’t help but think Universal is ok with this though. The bosses are out watching a lot. The average guest is perhaps ok with just seeing a scareactor dressed up, snapping a couple of pics and moving on. That’s the scarezone experience.

I will stick to my guns. The event was good (salvaged by a handful of amazing houses). Overal, a marked step backwards from previous years.

Thank you for saying this! I already commented on the over-hyped scare zones. I noticed it as well especially @ vamp. To the point where it felt as though you didn’t belong unless you were an employee or friend of a
scareactor. I also saw the exact same thing at the church on multiple occasions. I wasn’t going to bother mentioning it b/c we are in a time now where we like to pretend everything is perfect. Best year ever! Take selfie. Post to social media. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

I can’t help but think Universal is ok with this though. The bosses are out watching a lot. The average guest is perhaps ok with just seeing a scareactor dressed up, snapping a couple of pics and moving on. That’s the scarezone experience.

I will stick to my guns. The event was good (salvaged by a handful of amazing houses). Overal, a marked step backwards from previous years.

Thought the actors in Tradition and even Chucky did this fairly well. I hope to God we do not see another zone like Vamp 85.

Last edited:

While I fully agree with your statements Vamp/Traditions and have expressed similar ones, as a scareactor, I can tell you it is quite literally impossible at times to avoid selfies.

Limiting them is the key.

While I fully agree with your statements Vamp/Traditions and have expressed similar ones, as a scareactor, I can tell you it is quite literally impossible at times to avoid selfies.

Limiting them is the key.

Perhaps the best way to try to increase scare potential is to but a couple of "Sexy" selfie scare actors (stilt walkers, etc.) mixed with more generic looking ones (the employees in Chucky?). Or just go all out, put a ton of scare actors in New York and Hollywood, and try and cater the other 3 zones to selfies?

They should allow costumes on Halloween only... just no masks I guess that could create a lot of problems for Universal so I understand why they would try to limit it, but it seems like it would be fun.

So it’s definitely not an unpopular opinion to be anti costumes lol

I’m clearly biased but I’d much rather take the harmless people (& children) that I encountered in costumes on Halloween then the hordes that are there nightly that act up cause can’t they hold their booze, but that’s just me!

tDPs5LT.gif