Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 408 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monsters, in my wording; is something that is in the pure sense..imaginative.

The Universal Monsters? Sure. Godzilla? Definitely. The Dinosaurs from the Jurassic World theme park (as seen in the first)? No. And the reason why I do that, is because the dinosaurs, even if modified from their original form, were not imaginary. They were very much real creatures that roamed the planet, and comparing them to the likes of Frankenstein, Dracula, Mothra, Godzilla, and others..is somewhat insulting.

You asked. That’s my answer. Move on.

And I strongly disagree. Sonic The Hedgehog, is a troubled property, that has seen NUMEROUS missteps through the past few years. And without going into the mention of the later part of the 00's, Sonic hasn't exactly been the best IP to represent with.

Don't believe me? Look at these examples to be proven why.
  • Sonic 06'
  • Shadow The Hedgehog
  • Sonic Lost World (not a bad game, but had a horrendous way of handling itself in marketing and platform choice)
  • Sonic Boom
  • Sonic Forces
Could they of done something..maybe? But even then, you are dealing with a larger minority that would be rather flocking to the likes of Mario, Pikachu, Charizard, Eevee, and various other iconic Nintendo (and Pokemon) characters.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I think imaginary when I think of monster.
Dragons are imaginary. So are they not monsters?

Dino’s were real(as well know) but it’s still sparks are imagination. Thts why the books/movies/rides/etc do so well. It can work in Monster World.

In Fact, this opens so many doors. You can add Dragons as well!

Dragons are imaginary. So are they not monsters?

Dino’s were real(as well know) but it’s still sparks are imagination. Thts why the books/movies/rides/etc do so well. It can work in Monster World.

In Fact, this opens so many doors. You can add Dragons as well!

We're already getting Dragons, and we're gonna learn how to Train them too! ;)

Reactions: HPFred
While I'm not going to jump the gun, many have wanted the DWA Dragons series, for years to pop up at UPR. And there is a lot of good reason for that too.

Dragons, I would put them in the same vein as Monsters, like those I mentioned. But unlike Dinosaurs, they are more to the liking of creatures that are fantastical in nature, and while imaginative..are told in many forms of stories, in many societies, and many styles.

While I'm not going to jump the gun, many have wanted the DWA Dragons series, for years to pop up at UPR. And there is a lot of good reason for that too.

Dragons, I would put them in the same vein as Monsters, like those I mentioned. But unlike Dinosaurs, they are more to the liking of creatures that are fantastical in nature, and while imaginative..are told in many forms of stories, in many societies, and many styles.
Dino’s are fantasy as well. This is why we write and produce films to bring them back to life.

Reactions: Mark laderman
Dino’s are fantasy as well. This is why we write and produce films to bring them back to life.

Except, even Jurassic World as a trilogy, has acknowledged the fact of the real nature of Dinosaurs. But they also addressed the greed of not wanting to make them to their real counterparts, but instead to a fantastical interpretation of the creatures.

Norman Bates, the shark from Jaws, and the dinos from JP/JW are all monsters.

I mean, one is essentially a serial killer that disguises the blame to his mother, the other is based on the real nature of Great White Sharks, and Dinosaurs have actual bones that do exist in the world.

Norman, is vile. But he is human. And Humanity has done some warped and crazy things. And Great Whites, while are becoming vulnerable; are real. And Dinosaurs..I already went on with that.

Reactions: HPFred
Universal has proven that Dino’s are Monsters and that they belong in the same land.

Look at IOA. They placed Kong right next to JP. Yes, I know there different “islands” before someone has to be that guy and point it out.

But, it’s pretty obvious that Uni was trying to mix both franchises together.

Monster World should seriously be a thing.

Universal has proven that Dino’s are Monster and that they become in the same land.

Look at IOA. They placed Kong right next to JP. Yes, I know there different “islands” before someone has to be that guy and point it out.

But, it’s pretty obvious that Uni was trying to mix both franchises together.

Monster World should seriously be a thing.
Don’t see how they attempting to mix them at all

Status
Not open for further replies.