Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Artegon Site for New Theme Park?

I was never expecting for this project to take off, Dezer opened up his pinball place (an extension of the Miami car museum) and decided to close it in like 3 months. He opened up a car museum (as part of extreme action park) in Fort Lauderdale and once again closed it in 3 months. I know someone VERY close to the project and he says Dezer is spontaneous, bad at marketing, and not patient. If Universal can grab this land and the wooded land south of this property, it would be a no-brainier.

I was never expecting for this project to take off, Dezer opened up his pinball place (an extension of the Miami car museum) and decided to close it in like 3 months. He opened up a car museum (as part of extreme action park) in Fort Lauderdale and once again closed it in 3 months. I know someone VERY close to the project and he says Dezer is spontaneous, bad at marketing, and not patient. If Universal can grab this land and the wooded land south of this property, it would be a no-brainier.
I wonder if they're already eyeing it considering Cinemark is now at Citywalk.

I mean, to look at Artegon, if Universal was seriously considering to get that land..would they really want to use it for a park? I could easily see it becoming a transportation hub, to expand the parking to a massive size, and opening up expansion space for the northern end for more resorts.

I mean, to look at Artegon, if Universal was seriously considering to get that land..would they really want to use it for a park? I could easily see it becoming a transportation hub, to expand the parking to a massive size, and opening up expansion space for the northern end for more resorts.
Just to have it for extra parking or a transportation hub would be helpful. It wouldn't be used for a park, but they are going to need a place for TMs to park or potentially overflow parking. They could also throw some hotels.

Think of this land like the Toy Story Lot in Disneyland if Universal were to buy it.

Just to have it for extra parking or a transportation hub would be helpful. It wouldn't be used for a park, but they are going to need a place for TMs to park or potentially overflow parking. They could also throw some hotels.

Think of this land like the Toy Story Lot in Disneyland if Universal were to buy it.
Yeah this is like buying those extra parcels to the west of the Kirkman extension.

Any land that can be used for offsite hotels or a transportation hub is an extremely good idea because it means that the main 500+ acres in the 2nd resort can be prioritized for an eventual 2 theme parks + 1 water park.

If Universal's eventual plan is a 2nd full resort like the current UOR, then extra land for offsite hotel rooms is a must in my opinion.

Universal would eventually need 20,000-25,000 hotel rooms if they do build a 4 theme park + 2 water park + 2 CityWalk setup. After the current 9,000 rooms are completed with WnW/Aventura, I just don't see where there's enough space for the rest of those hotel rooms unless they buy more parcels.

Those 2 parcels west of Kirkman and this Artegon land would be hugely helpful in my opinion for ensuring that Universal has enough space for offsite hotel rooms (and possibly transportation hub or parking for workers, etc.) so the main land in the south resort can be prioritized for theme park space.

Hard to know what the braintrust at Universal is thinking until we see the next actions on these various parcels. I think they're obvious buys for Universal but it's not clear that maybe they're waiting for some of the cheaper motels/hotels to sell or something on Universal Blvd.

Makes sense. Once the new resort opens, the value of land is going to skyrocket.
It’s not like what Universal is doing with the land is much of a secret.
Yeah at this point there's no cheap land left.

Universal will pay fair value for any further land purchases. The original deal for the main 400 acres in the 2nd site and that 100 acres on Sand Lake were unique one time deals.

Everything else will be at least 3-4x per acre. That's also just a function of the fact that there isn't that much large acreage lots left...

It’s not like what Universal is doing with the land is much of a secret.

True but it's not 100% guaranteed. If you're toying with the idea of spending millions on a parcel of land to build a hotel and then a giant recession or whatever reason happens that Universal decide to abandon or postpone their plans, it's a lot of money to be out of pocket.

I think it's a guarantee that one park gets built as of now.

My other point is that it can be postponed. We're living in crazy times and some analysts are predicting another recession in the next year or two. Tourism is always hit the hardest in these circumstances and building a new resort could be a gamble.

My other point is that it can be postponed. We're living in crazy times and some analysts are predicting another recession in the next year or two. Tourism is always hit the hardest in these circumstances and building a new resort could be a gamble.

Which is why, and I think we're already seeing signs of this from the road plans, they *won't* be building an entire "resort" initially. It'll be Park 3, some shopping/dining, and maybe a hotel. Comcast is full steam ahead on the park, and I don't think that's going to change.

Everything that goes *with* the park? Maybe. But I think the park is happening no matter what.

Nah, that could never happen. It's never happened at the exact same land with the exact same theme park.

Oh wait...

Which is why, and I think we're already seeing signs of this from the road plans, they *won't* be building an entire "resort" initially.
Not a single sane person thought they were going to build the entire resort out initially.

I don't know, I don't see that much value in Universal getting this land. I think if they couldn't get the current site b than this would've been a great back up plan. As it is now though it would be really confusing having 3 large main plots of lands so using it for anything other than back of house or TM parking wouldn't make too much sense. Also they would need to buy out Outdoor World and the theater to do anything other than the existing mall setup.

I’ve just realised what thread this is. I thought it was the new resort.

I don’t know if Universal really needs this plot of land.

Hey everyone, so I talked to Dezer today and the chat was ... interesting. He's denying the violations (even tho the city provided me with the documents and noted he faces a $200/day fine) and he said he still plans to open the museum by Xmas.

Honestly, I think Dezer has so much money he could eat a $200 daily fine like nothing and wait for his guys to get the codes updated. He said he has no plans to move the cars.

Take that for what it's worth.

Link to my story if you're interested: https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...gons-owner-still-moving-forward-with-car.html

Hey everyone, so I talked to Dezer today and the chat was ... interesting. He's denying the violations (even tho the city provided me with the documents and noted he faces a $200/day fine) and he said he still plans to open the museum by Xmas.

Honestly, I think Dezer has so much money he could eat a $200 daily fine like nothing and wait for his guys to get the codes updated. He said he has no plans to move the cars.

Take that for what it's worth.

Link to my story if you're interested: https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...gons-owner-still-moving-forward-with-car.html
I was just in there a couple nights ago, the guy who runs the pinball collection said they were going to IAPPA with a couple trucks to buy new arcade machines & plan on opening new attractions by Spring.