Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN ‘19: Holidayz in Hell

Josh Gard (Figure) will be returning, as the facade will be a New Year's Eve Postcard.

There are a lot of possible angles to do this, and to expand a lot of the concepts from the past. But more importantly, originality! I am so happy to see them do this again (even if it's expanding a scarezone to maze; ala' La Llorona).

EDIT: Video,

Oh HELL YES.
My entire thought process through the zone was THIS NEEDS TO BE A MAZE. So glad they're going through with this. This zone was oddly a highlight of last year and better than The First Purge.
I could go without the music from Figure though.
And I wish the font looked more professional.
But originality is a big plus, so either way, I'm good.

I was kind of hoping it would be hosted by the Screecher or something to continue the “Titans” story, but I’ll glady take more original content.

But Figure though....eh.

here's info
  • music by figure (god help us)
  • maze inspiration was vintage post cards
  • postcards will be maze transitions
  • facade will be news year post card, will count down "10 9 8" and when it hits 0, the facade will go insane

• news year will be like shining scene, father time as first scare, it'll be a nursery with nightmare nurse, party guests, baby new year as scare, set design inspiration was of a chernobyl nursery

• valentimes will be tunnel of love, cupid will rip a poor girls heart out.

• st patricks day will be cave, with evil fairies, and a leperchaun house, leperchaun will kill people by pouring molting gold on them(game of thrones as inspiration).

• easter bunny will be a 1970s photo op, bodies will fall out of eggs, will have a killer easter bunny along with monster peeps.

• fourth of july with fireworks stand, with firework holding kid blown to shreds, along with uncle sam.

• thanksgiving with mutant turkies murdering dinner party, people drowned in jello bowls, serving forks and meat thermometers impaled on them.

• christmas will be a tree lot filled with bloody bits, christmas tree as scare, and santa satan.
  • scare zone of christmas in hell (dark christmas basically).

Last edited:
So in a sense, we’re kinda getting our Dark Christmas maze.

Is the maze going to go “inside” toward the end like Dracula, Halloween, and El Cucuy did? Otherwise, this is going to be a terribly short maze.

I hope that it’s not just one holiday, one room, because that’s gonna be quite a bit short then.

I'm gonna take a guess in that, they are going to lose the plaza this year for maze space itself, but that might be for the better; considering that it shouldn't take that much space, compared to Universal Monsters.

I hope that it’s not just one holiday, one room, because that’s gonna be quite a bit short then.

It seems like multiple rooms per Holiday. New Years is getting multiple rooms, St. Patrick's Day is getting an indoor facade, and I think Christmas is getting some more stuff too.

BTW, anyone notice that there's no Halloween, Dia De Los Muertos or Cinco de Mayo section? Makes me a little sad, especially the Halloween section missing.

It seems like multiple rooms per Holiday. New Years is getting multiple rooms, St. Patrick's Day is getting an indoor facade, and I think Christmas is getting some more stuff too.

BTW, anyone notice that there's no Halloween, Dia De Los Muertos or Cinco de Mayo section? Makes me a little sad, especially the Halloween section missing.
halloween could've been easy, they could've reused tons of the trick r treat props.

I can see why they wouldn't do Halloween, but yeah; the lack of doing at-least Dia De Los Muertos is a bit intriguing.

..My wonder, is if they are purposefully holding off, because they might be a scarezone theme (although that's more guessing than anything).

Admittedly a part of me wonders if the whole FIGURE / original mazes having musical attachment thing is part of the budget. Like, maybe they're sponsoring HHN a bit along with getting in their music and some basically free advertising.

No Halloween section!? At HALLOWEEN Horror Nights!? C’mon!

My hype level for this is really high. It’s exciting to get an original maze again, and even better, one that’s not in 3D. I would of liked to see some of host like The Screechee or even H.R. Bloodengutz, and it’s really weird to me that there’s no cinco de mayo/dia de los muertos section considering where the park is located, but this is a perfect idea for a house and should be great.

Other than Figure’s involvement, I’m all for this one! I am so happy that they’re doing original maze content again. The facade sounds amazing and I love the twisted sense of humor incorporated in the scenes. I thought Dark Christmas from 14 and 15 was a little overrated but the new characters look awesome! The hype is real!!!

its weird that they would use the dia de los muertos and halloween sections in the announcement video, but not put them in the maze
Edit: hopefully john will do a twitter q&a to clear some things up