Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 Auditions

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Auditions have been officially announced, taking place on June 20th to the 21st.

Like last year, Auditions will be held adjacent to Universal Studios Hollywood, at the Hilton.

I wish the best of luck to anyone doing the auditions this year, have fun and good scaring all around :)

any tips for first timers?
They are looking for reliability and personality. They "type out" first then teach a little movement - not dance - just to see if you can follow directions. Come up with something interesting to do when they ask you to improvise - remember they see a hundred or so people so they've "seen-it-all" - be unique.

Have people been hearing back yet? I got my golden ticket but I still haven’t heard back and Thursday will mark 3 weeks since I auditioned :/ losing hope a bit

Have people been hearing back yet? I got my golden ticket but I still haven’t heard back and Thursday will mark 3 weeks since I auditioned :/ losing hope a bit
I got a email today got casted! heard that emails were being sent since sunday or earlier.

Oh congrats! Hope you enjoy your role! Has everyone else heard back yet? Or is anyone else stuck in limbo with me???
Some casting emails go out a bit later. Check your Spam email. I think Pool gets casted 1st as well. I got my email but I'm sure that I'm in pool, they didn't give me a character name or number as well.

Lastly, you CAN get casted mid event so dont lose hope until the event is over. My 1st year, I literally worked the last 2 days of the event.

Some casting emails go out a bit later. Check your Spam email. I think Pool gets casted 1st as well. I got my email but I'm sure that I'm in pool, they didn't give me a character name or number as well.

Lastly, you CAN get casted mid event so dont lose hope until the event is over. My 1st year, I literally worked the last 2 days of the event.
I sure hope I’m not casted mid event because I’m planning on moving solely to work at the event I guess I’ll have to wait and see.

You don’t find out your role until orientation or your costume fitting, whichever comes first.

Pool casting tends to come last, FWIW.

Pool casting tends to come last, FWIW.
Oh, then I guess I landed a permanent role, despite my limited availability. Might have gotten type casted or been a really good fit. Didn't know they were doing things like that now. When I was casted in the past, I always got my character right away but the names were very vague

Oh, then I guess I landed a permanent role, despite my limited availability. Might have gotten type casted or been a really good fit. Didn't know they were doing things like that now. When I was casted in the past, I always got my character right away but the names were very vague

If you got it a week ago or sooner, chances are, they know where they're putting you. They don't give out character names or numbers until orientation.

That can change... I know some people get "cast" in a specific role, get told that role, and then are later informed they'll be shifted to pool due to availability. Sometimes left hand doesn't talk to right hand.

I saw that message too. Got a little frustrated that we're hearing about more auditions before I even got a response, lol.... It is what it is, I guess. Orlando had those same qualifications for their lookalike casting call, so it's definitely a shared property...

I think this is going to be for the rumored Us maze which is basically 90% confirmed now lol so I wouldn't worry too much about that.