Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

As has been mentioned, Fantastic Beasts (upper right) looks largely indoors. There's a few guesses here.

First is that it could be an indoor Ministry of Magic section, which has the ride entrance (and lockers), as well as other 'things to do', like entertainment (like at Hogsmeade / Diagon), shops, restaurants, etc. (Search the "Grand Palais" on google.)
French-Ministry-of-Magic-1024x424.jpg

Another guess, and this is more far fetched (I think it'll be a ride, not the land), but... you walk inside Newt's briefcase, into his creature habitat land, with a ride entrance (and lockers), and possible play area:
tumblr_pss5xxy4jq1r34jw7_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Personally, I don't think that this is just HTTYD. It looks like multiple things.
I personally feel like their going to be another Dreamworks property besides that. The concept art looks amazing but also very weird. They are definitely going for interesting design with this one. At first I thought the front entrance did look very similar to USF but if look closely you can see it’s very grand and large looking and not the same at all.

So each "land" can only be accessed from the hub? Meaning you can't go from Nintendo to another land, you have to exit Nintendo into the hub and then enter another land, correct?

So each "land" can only be accessed from the hub? Meaning you can't go from Nintendo to another land, you have to exit Nintendo into the hub and then enter another land, correct?

I legitimately believe this is a terrible idea and will result in them having to limit the amount of people who access each land since some lands may be more popular than others.

Let's try to rein the threads a bit - so this thread discusses official news, aka matter of fact. Think of it as the next evolution of the Blue Sky/Expansion News threads we recently locked.

Use this thread: Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Inside Universal Forums for informed speculation and wishful wants.

I know since it's all new and happening at once, it's hard to determine exactly what goes where, but we want to clarify what each thread is for. We're adjusting as we go as this is an unprecedented discussion.

So we got a name confirmed! AND.. that's about it. LOL at us thinking they would lay it all on the table.

I do wonder if this will eventually gain a preview center much like IOA had back in the day.

Not until they have a date for it and it's well under construction. Considering this art will almost assuredly change in minor (and major) ways; now would be very premature.

We're a year+ before that happens.

Looks awesome! Love that there will be a Classic Monster's land. Some concerns I have from the concept art have all been touched on already, but I also think it's safe to say we'll see plenty of changes/additional details as time goes on.

Also, I just love seeing another park listed in the Universal Orlando forum.

Excited/intrigued by the classic monsters land- always thought they should do more with that then just a very well themed QS.

Is this where the rumoured Nintendo land will be then, I always thought that was going to replace KidZone at the Studios park?

I also LOVE the idea of a HTTYD themed area! Such a beautifully animated movie with rich words should make a fantastic theme park.

Excited too by all the water on the concept art and hope most of it stays into the final plans. It seems a bit of a theme now for Universal parks to be set around a lake or lagoon of some sort.

Not keen on the name though, but that's my only, very minor nitpick. Can't wait for more news!

So exciting!
Wasn't sure if Jurassic World was being eyed to be included in the new park or not
I was looking for it on the concept art