Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Universal Monsters

Fantastic run through this last night. Hit every monster except Hunchback. Got some great scares from the Brides of Drac and Frank, Mummy and Creature.

Third time doing the house and first time I noticed Wolfman is on a bungee! Always something new to find.

Also, is the final Frank scare on stilts, or is he just incredibly tall?

Pretty sure it's just a reaaalllly tall dude, at least when I've gone through it.

Can someone explain what the Hunchback scare is/how it works/whether or not it’s developed over the event? I don’t understand it in full yet. I’ve seen a pair of legs from the rope so high up that I can’t see the rest of the body, but I’ve also seen a Quasi on the ground and leaning on the railing. What happens?

Can someone explain what the Hunchback scare is/how it works/whether or not it’s developed over the event? I don’t understand it in full yet. I’ve seen a pair of legs from the rope so high up that I can’t see the rest of the body, but I’ve also seen a Quasi on the ground and leaning on the railing. What happens?
He’s a bell ringer. He rings the bell.

He’s a bell ringer. He rings the bell.
I get it, but where is he? Is he on a rig? The legs I saw were literally above my head in that little area. If it’s an actor that travels up and down the rope before jumping off at guests, that’s incredible, but I haven’t seen it happen. I’ve just either seen him on the bell’s rope or standing closer to guests on the ground. I actually didn’t even know that that scare was played by a human until I saw him stand. I assumed it was a mannequin on the rope. How does the scare progress in full/what is the scareactor’s routine?

I get it, but where is he? Is he on a rig? The legs I saw were literally above my head in that little area. If it’s an actor that travels up and down the rope before jumping off at guests, that’s incredible, but I haven’t seen it happen. I’ve just either seen him on the bell’s rope or standing closer to guests on the ground. I actually didn’t even know that that scare was played by a human until I saw him stand. I assumed it was a mannequin on the rope. How does the scare progress in full/what is the scareactor’s routine?

He's attached to something (a harness I presume) and he comes down and at the guests before going back up.

Last Sunday my fiance and I were some of the first ones at the house and we went through by ourselves and no one was there yet when we got out, so they asked if we wanted to go again and we did. The second time we spaced ourselves out for solo walk-throughs and it was one of the best Horror Nights experiences I've had. I love the Wolfman costumes, the Creatures and The Brides of Frankenstein in particular. Later on Sunday we used our express option and went through the house with Nic, Paul and Craig from the After Dark podcasts. It was a super great last day of HHN for us.

He's attached to something (a harness I presume) and he comes down and at the guests before going back up.
I’m SOBBING; that’s so cool and I’m so sad I’ve never seen it all happen at once! I’m so disappointed that it’s apparently not part of the six-house tour!

Anyone want to venture a guess as to where the finale is supposed to take place? It feels very industrial, with the big steel footers, but I find it kind of odd for the ending to take place in a random warehouse? Maybe a film vault?

Fantastic run through this last night. Hit every monster except Hunchback. Got some great scares from the Brides of Drac and Frank, Mummy and Creature.

Third time doing the house and first time I noticed Wolfman is on a bungee! Always something new to find.

Also, is the final Frank scare on stilts, or is he just incredibly tall?

Wolfman on the bungee was one of my favorite parts...Universal really went all out on this house.

This was such a great house. The scares were great, especially when Quasi started yelling my friend's name telling him to stay with him (he's a local so Quasi was a friend of his obvi). Really well done!

I can say that I made three new friends last night and there are many more people I may eventually meet! Long story short, I went through Monsters six times in a row at the end of the night to visit my friend, and several scareactors continuously recognized me. I was able to leave the exit and immediately go to the entrance of the house because no one was in the queue and the ops didn’t care. In fact, I think that ops was just excited that I loved it so much, and she was vocal in her encouragement to take the shortcut and go back.

Fun fact: the cast straight up doesn’t know for sure what Dracula’s trigger is. Even Dracula himself has been speculating. I know I can’t spell it, but I won’t try, but he said that the cast basically agrees that it’s a certain Latin phrase that, in the word choice, is directed towards a female subject. It means, “to go forth,” making the full phrase towards his brides, “go forth, devour them.” Cool!

Last edited:
I can say that I made three new friends last night and there are many more people I may eventually meet! Long story short, I went through Monsters six times in a row at the end of the night to visit my friend Drew, and several scareactors continuously recognized me. I was able to leave the exit and immediately go to the entrance of the house because no one was in the queue and the ops didn’t care. In fact, I think that ops was just excited that I loved it so much, and she was vocal in her encouragement to take the shortcut and go back.

• The hunter shooting at Talbot tipped his hat to me whenever he saw me
  • Quasi started messing with me after noticing that I liked to look up and possibly see the bell effect go off, so he would hide in the shadows as if he were up there before jumping out at me, which was effective
  • The final Gillman gave me double-high-fives with his fins
  • The pedestal Dracula did so much (dancing with me to his trigger dialogue a little bit, putting his hands almost around my head, scaring so his mask was three inches from my face, etc)
  • The second Mummy has always been a treat in that he’s reached out his hand so close to my face, and I’ve talked about him before, but he repeated that while holding intense eye contact last night
  • Drew, of course, was a treat
  • All of the Phantoms were perfect, but the final one was precious. He did little waves and blew kisses at me
  • The Frank(‘s Monster) that charges down the hallway would routinely block my way out of the room, giving me an almost quizzical look, like, “oh, welcome back...?”
My boyfriend had just finished up a night in Yeti and was understandably hot and exhausted, so we hit up Coldstone on our way out. I chose to sit at one of the tables outside while he got the ice cream. A group of three approached me, one saying, “You,” with a smile. “You went through our house, what, six times?” “Monsters?” “Yes. We love you.”

So that was the podium Dracula, who I arguably interacted with the most other than my friend, while the taller male was the second mummy and the girl of the group was one of Dracula’s brides. We walked all the way to the main hub, only splitting off because we parked in different directions. It was so nice to meet them.

Fun fact: the cast straight up doesn’t know for sure what Dracula’s trigger is. Even Dracula himself has been speculating. I know I can’t spell it, but I won’t try, but he said that the cast basically agrees that it’s a certain Latin phrase that, in the word choice, is directed towards a female subject. It means, “to go forth,” making the full phrase towards his brides, “go forth, devour them.” Cool!

Damn, i would wish so much for an experience like this, this sounds so nice, whenever i go to a house a second time right away sometimes the actors recognize me and then just hide lol. ( to not waste a scare because i just past by earlier?) I always hear about some of these amazing interactions that i can only dream about,

Damn, i would wish so much for an experience like this, this sounds so nice, whenever i go to a house a second time right away sometimes the actors recognize me and then just hide lol. ( to not waste a scare because i just past by earlier?) I always hear about some of these amazing interactions that i can only dream about,
I think a lot of this interaction was simply because there weren’t many guests there with me. I kept hanging around back to try and do a solo run, which would typically fail near the end of the Creature room because people walk a lot slower than me, especially when they’re already basically alone and scared. This means I’d be at the back of a small group, and if I gave myself enough time by consciously slowing down to make a gap, the actors wouldn't have to worry about ”unprofessional” behavior in front of other guests.

Try staying until the very end of the night and going alone! It’s so fun!

Last edited:
I can say that I made three new friends last night and there are many more people I may eventually meet! Long story short, I went through Monsters six times in a row at the end of the night to visit my friend Drew, and several scareactors continuously recognized me. I was able to leave the exit and immediately go to the entrance of the house because no one was in the queue and the ops didn’t care. In fact, I think that ops was just excited that I loved it so much, and she was vocal in her encouragement to take the shortcut and go back.

• The hunter shooting at Talbot tipped his hat to me whenever he saw me
  • Quasi started messing with me after noticing that I liked to look up and possibly see the bell effect go off, so he would hide in the shadows as if he were up there before jumping out at me, which was effective
  • The final Gillman gave me double-high-fives with his fins
  • The pedestal Dracula did so much (dancing with me to his trigger dialogue a little bit, putting his hands almost around my head, scaring so his mask was three inches from my face, etc)
  • The second Mummy has always been a treat in that he’s reached out his hand so close to my face, and I’ve talked about him before, but he repeated that while holding intense eye contact last night
  • Drew, of course, was a treat
  • All of the Phantoms were perfect, but the final one was precious. He did little waves and blew kisses at me
  • The Frank(‘s Monster) that charges down the hallway would routinely block my way out of the room, giving me an almost quizzical look, like, “oh, welcome back...?”
My boyfriend had just finished up a night in Yeti and was understandably hot and exhausted, so we hit up Coldstone on our way out. I chose to sit at one of the tables outside while he got the ice cream. A group of three approached me, one saying, “You,” with a smile. “You went through our house, what, six times?” “Monsters?” “Yes. We love you.”

So that was the podium Dracula, who I arguably interacted with the most other than my friend, while the taller male was the second mummy and the girl of the group was one of Dracula’s brides. We walked all the way to the main hub, only splitting off because we parked in different directions. It was so nice to meet them.

I can kinda contribute to the Dracula monologue. That’s the essence of what he says, the beginning is absolutely in a different language. When it was being built I was told it’s Romanian, but it could be Latin. I never hear it clear enough to tell.

Fun fact, there’s additional dialogue in the “bride” room as well. My memory is a little foggy but I think there’s four phrases he says:

“Feast upon their flesh” (100% on that one)
“Bring them to me”
“Tonight we dine”
And there’s another one I can’t remember. I think work will bring me over there tonight so I’ll see if I can catch it lol

I can kinda contribute to the Dracula monologue. That’s the essence of what he says, the beginning is absolutely in a different language. When it was being built I was told it’s Romanian, but it could be Latin. I never hear it clear enough to tell.

Fun fact, there’s additional dialogue in the “bride” room as well. My memory is a little foggy but I think there’s four phrases he says:

“Feast upon their flesh” (100% on that one)
“Bring them to me”
“Tonight we dine”
And there’s another one I can’t remember. I think work will bring me over there tonight so I’ll see if I can catch it lol
Work will bring you over? Are you a reserve? I’m about to leave the house now and come out for AoV, MoM, and a whole bunch of run-throughs of Monsters near the end of the night.

Work will bring you over? Are you a reserve? I’m about to leave the house now and come out for AoV, MoM, and a whole bunch of run-throughs of Monsters near the end of the night.

No I’ve kind of mentioned it in passing but I work in more behind the scenes stuff this year!

Also I heard it (and a 5th one, they cycle through) but these last two are super muffled to me.

4) “give in to the (or your?) darkness”... though the next time I heard it sounded like gibberish so 50% on that one lol

5) “go! Rise!” Or “go! Brides!” That’s another one I’m not very sure about as it usually cycles at the same time as one of the ambient thunder claps

Did Monsters seven times straight, and by now, I can name off the people that it seems might not recognize me on my hands.

I adore this house, and honestly, it feels like a comfort to walk through. I’m just surrounded by all of these sweet, energetic people that are trying their best to scare the poop out of people. I’m all giggles all the way through the house. I implore you to come do this for the 1-1:45 set for a) a wonderful solo/mostly solo rub and b) the best cast.

(Also I go at those times so if you want to go through with someone I’m ya gal)

Last edited:
Did Monsters seven times straight, and by now, I can name off the people that it seems might not recognize me on my hands. I got hugs from two Gillmen, a head pat from Frank, and several “oh, I know you!!!” points of recognition from the final Dracula on top of all of the interaction I had with the friends I already knew. Face touches/cape swoops all the way around my head from Drac and the first bride after his room and being led arm in arm through the Phantom’s lair really stuck out tonight.

I adore this house, and honestly, it feels like a comfort to walk through. I’m just surrounded by all of these sweet, energetic people that are trying their best to scare the poop out of people. I’m all giggles all the way through the house. I implore you to come do this for the 1-1:45 set for a) a wonderful solo/mostly solo rub and b) the best cast.

(Also I go at those times so if you want to go through with someone I’m ya gal)

I love that you get to have this experience. Let’s not forget cast B too though. They have to do that 1:45-??? Set and they’re incredible. Overall this cast BOTH A and B is one of the most consistently energetic houses. Just wanted to give the shout out to the other cast as well because for once this a house where one cast is not clearly “better” than the other.

I love that you get to have this experience. Let’s not forget cast B too though. They have to do that 1:45-??? Set and they’re incredible. Overall this cast BOTH A and B is one of the most consistently energetic houses. Just wanted to give the shout out to the other cast as well because for once this a house where one cast is not clearly “better” than the other.
Exactly. The last time that I went through last night was Cast B’s set, because even though it was 1:42, the change happened a little early. I think that their bungee Wolfman was much more intense than Cast A’s, but I didn’t get enough exposure to them to see their scares.

Scareactors typically go for the middle of a group to get the maximum amount of scares as opposed to just the first person. I was walking through by myself, so I could see them in their boo holes holding back from getting me, only to realize that I was alone and jumping for me late. Even so, none of the Creatures attempted to scare me, even late, so I got a better chance to look around that room a bit.

I think there are several houses that have an equal cast in different ways; Us, I’ve heard, is fantastic regardless of the cast, and I have to say that I agree. I’ve only done it four times, but I’ve gotten to see both. Both Ho1kC casts were fantastic (Spaulding winked at me earlier in the evening, while a different Spaulding held eye contact while directing all of his dialogue at me later. I can only assume this meant Cast A and Cast B based on their faces)!! Still not over Cast B as a whole, who absolutely went above and beyond at the end of the night, as if their energy had only increased significantly over the course of the night.

I’m just a little sentimentally biased in Cast A's favor. Neither is “better” there.

Last edited: