Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread) | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks really good! Do we know why they went with an individual (coaster style) lap bars rather than bench seating with one large lap bar, though? The latter would've allowed for more than 2 people per row which (obviously) increases capacity.

Is this the first submerged busbar that Universal has done? At least it appears submerged to me.

Is there a bus bar? It's a continuous moving conveyor ride system.

Looks really good! Do we know why they went with an individual (coaster style) lap bars rather than bench seating with one large lap bar, though? The latter would've allowed for more than 2 people per row.

My guess is because there are no doors on the side of the vehicles.

BRING THIS TOO ORLANDO!
Also, out of curiosity, were there ever plans for this ride in overseas parks like there was orlando?

Also fun to have wiener kingdom have a food stand. honestly expected something like that to be an actual eating spot in the pets place road

I hadn’t been following... so it is more like test track then? Regardless, it appears a charming ride and I am hoping that it seems longer even if it is not. Someone must have kicked Mark Woodbury in the shins to get this approved. Bout time.

More like the Hershey Chocolate Tour ride in Hershey, PA or World of Motion. That middle, one foot wide part travels and moves the vehicles.

Alright, this looks cute as all heck!

Definitely looking forward to seeing this in motion, and even though this isn't the trackless version which looked really intriguing, I think this is gonna' be a real nice family attraction. Fingers crossed it's good and received well enough to justify it appearing elsewhere!

Reactions: belloq87
Some takeaways
-there seems to be a definite story element with explosives, which is surprising but exciting to see how that fits into an adoption adventure
- it looks like at a point you enter a replica of the gift shop? in the photo in front of the grooming facade
-this ride is EXTREMELY vibrantly colored. i love it

It‘s so cute! Love the world they’ve built!! So nice to see a family friendly dark ride, and so practical!

Interested to see level of movement and kinetics.

Only critique I have is the ceiling, hoping it’s darker in person.

Taking a guess a majority of the figures will be eyes blinking/heads turning/tails wagging movement with a few having more movement and abilities as the plot requires.

From the PR

Combining 64 technologically-advanced animated figures, “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!” invites guests to meet some of their favorite characters from the movies, who themselves have transformed into dimensional beings. From blinking eyes to eye and eyebrow movements, from head tilts to head nods, from moving mouths to smiles, from ear curls to lip curls, from full torso twists to physically walking, the depth of mobility and function programmed within each of these loveable characters creates an experience unlike any other theme park ride.

Reactions: tielo
Also good to know Rooster from SLoP 2 is there... some Harrison Ford voice acting is pretty cool

Legit--it's fascinating to see Rooster in this attraction, and should be especially interesting to hear Harrison possibly picking up his role for the ride, if they recorded the lines for him while recording for Pet's 2..

Legit--it's fascinating to see Rooster in this attraction, and should be especially interesting to hear Harrison possibly picking up his role for the ride, if they recorded the lines for him while recording for Pet's 2..
They did so with Tiffany Haddish, so i’m sure it’s the same with him

I'm cautiously excited about the animatronics. It's cool that Universal is creating an attraction with this many figures but I question how consistent they will be. With most rides, the main animatronics usually maintain the same level of motion. However, with how many figures there will be in this ride and the crazy poses UC's putting them in, I wonder if there will be inconsistencies with characters you see multiple times in the ride.

Like, will Max appear as an advanced "physically walking" figure in one scene only to show up as an almost-static figure in the next? Some of the places you seem him in, it would have to be restricted motion, right?

I'm cautiously excited about the animatronics. It's cool that Universal is creating an attraction with this many figures but I question how consistent they will be. With most rides, the main animatronics usually maintain the same level of motion. However, with how many figures there will be in this ride and the crazy poses UC's putting them in, I wonder if there will be inconsistencies with characters you see multiple times in the ride. Like, will Max appear as an advanced "physically walking" figure in one scene only to show up as an almost-static figure in the next?

Does it matter? On IJA in one scene Indy is fully articulated and speaking to you, the other he's just wiggling on a rope. You create figures as the scene needs.

Does it matter? On IJA in one scene Indy is fully articulated and speaking to you, the other he's just wiggling on a rope. You create figures as the scene needs.

That's a good point but to defend myself, I don't think that's a fair comparison. With the boulder scene in IJA, sure, Indy is the focal point in the room but he's high above you, making it harder to spot the figure's mechanical differences. Also, that scene and the ride in general is action-oriented. When your at that part of the ride, your either probably catching your breath from the events before-hand or staring down at the boulder coming straight towards you. With SLOP, there's a change in focus. It has more in common with Haunted Mansion where for the guests, it's about the scenery and the characters in front of you, not the intensity of the ride.

In that case, I think it's fair game to be critical of the animatronics as they're the main element. If the thing most guests will remember when they leave the ride is seeing the pets from the film up-close, then that deserves to be praised when done right/scrutinized when done poorly. IJA isn't beloved because of how it portrays Indy, they couldn't even get Harrison Ford to voice him, it's beloved because most guests pay attention to the immersive scenery of the temple and the movement of the ride vehicle, which Imagineering absolutely nailed when crafting the attraction. If those elements floundered and Dr. Jones had a perfectly fluid figure, that wouldn't matter because what most guests actually went on the ride for wouldn't be up to snuff.

Reactions: Evan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts