Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread) | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only critique I have is the ceiling, hoping it’s darker in person.

I was noticing that too, and it was bugging me a bit as well, but I also (hope) that it would largely be due to the lighting needed for publicity photos, and not necessarily the lighting used in the working attraction. I hope, anyway.

But even if it is noticable, can't really complain about all the other stuff to look at!

I was noticing that too, and it was bugging me a bit as well, but I also (hope) that it would largely be due to the lighting needed for publicity photos, and not necessarily the lighting used in the working attraction. I hope, anyway.

But even if it is noticable, can't really complain about all the other stuff to look at!

Oh for sure! It’s really my only nitpick, everything else looks incredible!

Reactions: belloq87
You probably won't notice the ceiling when you're on the ride; lighting and movement should direct your attention elsewhere, if it's been designed competently. Certainly no worse than Cat, which only compels you to look "up" at one misguided moment.

I think this looks fantastic. Animatronics have real fur (unlike the "muppets" on the Singapore Sesame Street ride) and look adorable. The plot concerns "adoption day," where the pets are helping your puppy analogues prepare for adoption. Apparently the rockets figure in as some sort of improvised shortcut that goes awry... which leads to the dreaded bath time. Writers from Illumination penned the script, so I have high hopes this is closer to Minion Mayhem than Fast & Furious.

You probably won't notice the ceiling when you're on the ride; lighting and movement should direct your attention elsewhere, if it's been designed competently. Certainly no worse than Cat, which only compels you to look "up" at one misguided moment.

I think this looks fantastic. Animatronics have real fur (unlike the "muppets" on the Singapore Sesame Street ride) and look adorable. The plot concerns "adoption day," where the pets are helping your puppy analogues prepare for adoption. Apparently the rockets figure in as some sort of improvised shortcut that goes awry... which leads to the dreaded bath time. Writers from Illumination penned the script, so I have high hopes this is closer to Minion Mayhem than Fast & Furious.

Don't get your hopes up, we've yet to see the scene where Snowball jumps off a CGI truck and hangs onto a helicopter that's WAY too small for him. It's gonna be great, I just know it!

Also, can you clarify what you mean by "Real Fur"? They didn't actually decorate these figures with the fur of actual animals, right? Seems like a lot of effort for something that could probably just be done synthetically to the same result.

It’ll be kind of funny if Harrison Ford is in this ride and he wasn’t used in the billion dollar Star Wars Land.

I mean--considering the timeline that Disney ever so *insisted* to have this after TLJ and before Rise of Skywalker...

Don't get your hopes up, we've yet to see the scene where Snowball jumps off a CGI truck and hangs onto a helicopter that's WAY too small for him. It's gonna be great, I just know it!

Also, can you clarify what you mean by "Real Fur"? They didn't actually decorate these figures with the fur of actual animals, right? Seems like a lot of effort for something that could probably just be done synthetically to the same result.

To comment--compared to Singapore's Sesame Street, which uses plastic figures without artifical fur compared to this--it's a night and day difference in the quality of the figures, at-least from static.

Last edited:
Static figures don't always bother me.. I remember this was a huge critique of Monsters Inc when it first opened but that ride overall is so well done that even in 2005, I was thrilled to just see a new version of a classic style dark ride.

Little Mermaid I was less thrilled because I had heard the $100 million price tag and once I experienced it in DCA, I thought.. I've seen more elaborate storefront displays than some of moments there.

Without having experienced it yet, SLOP looks like a winner minus the mind-boggling decision to use those lap bars when smaller kids or families of 3 could easily have fit.

Without having experienced it yet, SLOP looks like a winner minus the mind-boggling decision to use those lap bars when smaller kids or families of 3 could easily have fit.

I was wondering about that on my twitter, and the I realized it's likely to prevent people from getting out and walking around, which would be pretty easy to do with a single lap bar. As one person replied, "I can already see kids getting out trying to pet the dogs."

Static figures don't always bother me.. I remember this was a huge critique of Monsters Inc when it first opened but that ride overall is so well done that even in 2005, I was thrilled to just see a new version of a classic style dark ride.

Little Mermaid I was less thrilled because I had heard the $100 million price tag and once I experienced it in DCA, I thought.. I've seen more elaborate storefront displays than some of moments there.

I think it's due to the technique they are using to have the guest look like a puppy. I suspect cameras scan the sizes and faces (eyes, mouth locations) and augment them into puppies. Have a variable of another child or person in the middle could mess that system up and ruin the experience.

i forgot who on twitter said this, but it could also very well be to keep people from getting up since the ride moves so slow that some people may feel tempted to get up and walk around

Spinning was removed because it was a bit too much.

Yes.. after 15 years in operation, the spinning was too much.

After 7 years, the 3D on Minions was too much.

It's only a matter of time before the cuteness of this ride will be deemed too much. We can only hope that someone will think the banality of Supercharged is too much sooner rather than later.

Yes.. after 15 years in operation, the spinning was too much.

After 7 years, the 3D on Minions was too much.

It's only a matter of time before the cuteness of this ride will be deemed too much. We can only hope that someone will think the banality of Supercharged is too much sooner rather than later.
I can understand parents complaints that Cat in the Hat wasn’t fit for their small children. They added signs and warning spiels after a couple years, but I like to think that they finally lessened the spinning to make the ride more appropriate for its target audience.

I mean--considering the timeline that Disney ever so *insisted* to have this after TLJ and before Rise of Skywalker...

To comment--compared to Singapore's Sesame Street, which uses plastic figures without artifical fur compared to this--it's a night and day difference in the quality of the figures, at-least from static.

Oh yeah... Your absolutely right, it's night and day. They look like plastic statues, not living puppets. Whatever they're doing with these figures, it's clearly leading to better results, even if some of the pets look slightly off imo.

Maybe it's more the teeth than the fur. Weird to see a full set of clamped chompers on an cartoon dog but maybe i'll get used to it eventually.

Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but how long does a brand like SLOP and minions exist in a theme park if say their respective franchises are not as loved anymore, you can't keep making movies to the point you're milking the cow dry, because, at some point, these franchises are not going to be as popular within the GP, do you keep the attractions around or just start from scratch all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.