The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 339 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get Billie ellish is extremely popular. But iron maiden is also they’ve sold out almost all there shows for there latest tour ( the legacy of the beast). And when it comes down to hhn I don’t think Billie ellish could make a good house I just don’t see what they could do with her music and imagery. As for iron maiden there music and imagery works perfectly and if they did it it would most likely be an amazing house.
Iron Maiden fans are already attending HHN. Billie Eilish fans aren’t. That’s why they’re using her.

Iron Maiden fans are already attending HHN. Billie Eilish fans aren’t. That’s why they’re using her.

I can totally live with two houses for the younger crowd (the other being Beetlejuice), as long as the rest is “hard” (all the originals LY).

Speaking of Beetlejuice, it’d be so funny if he were on a scaffold in the facade wearing a mask and complaining that he had to wear one.

Last edited:
Are we sure Billie fans aren't already going? I mean, she's a fan of the event and people are lemmings, so they've probably tried to see her there. Also, I've heard her music involves the type of themes prevalent at HHN. Just thinking out loud.

I mean, still less of a crowd than the Iron Maiden / rock crowd.

Reactions: hhn28andbeyond
Billie Eilish's following is current and massive which is legitimately all you need to know from a marketing standpoint.

Some of her numbers:

Instagram - 64 million followers
Twitter - 4.4 million followers
Facebook - 6 million followers

Sure, other artists may also have big followings, but she's huge right now, especially with a younger audience and young people spend money on artists they like. It's not like Universal hates on older artists *glances at Rob Zombie*, but they'd be stupid to not play to the younger crowd as well and what other young artist has her kind of fanbase along with the darker imagery she utilizes that fits the event? The superiority complex over her music on here is a bit wild.

At the end of the day it's just business and nothing personal. They are going where the money is and she is where the money is right now.

That’s true there are probably more iron maiden fans then Billie ellish at the event. But I just don’t see what she has to do with hhn. If she does get her own house it will more then likely be the worst at the event Because there is hardly anything for the creative team to work with. That’s why I think iron maiden would be a perfect fit they have so many things they could do with just the artwork alone. Personally i think if they did something with iron maiden it would be mind blowing.

That’s true there are probably more iron maiden fans then Billie ellish at the event. But I just don’t see what she has to do with hhn. If she does get her own house it will more then likely be the worst at the event Because there is hardly anything for the creative team to work with. That’s why I think iron maiden would be a perfect fit they have so many things they could do with just the artwork alone. Personally i think if they did something with iron maiden it would be mind blowing.

They made a house out of Penn & Teller :lol: Billie wouldn't even be close to the biggest stretch they'd ever had to make for a house.

Billie Eilish's following is current and massive which is legitimately all you need to know from a marketing standpoint.

Some of her numbers:

Instagram - 64 million followers
Twitter - 4.4 million followers
Facebook - 6 million followers

Sure, other artists may also have big followings, but she's huge right now, especially with a younger audience and young people spend money on artists they like. It's not like Universal hates on older artists *glances at Rob Zombie*, but they'd be stupid to not play to the younger crowd as well and what other young artist has her kind of fanbase along with the darker imagery she utilizes that fits the event? The superiority complex over her music on here is a bit wild.

I say put it in Shrek to contain those dang kids ( ;) ) to the front of the park.

I would more than likely skip it, and it'd be at the bottom of my anticipation list, but at least you can't say a BE house would be stale and "been there done that."

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Iron Maiden is a perfect fit but I only see Hollywood getting em as much as we deserve another music house, Murdy always get em as exclusives or something, same goes for us when we got Rob last year. As much as I would want Maiden, it's just not in the cards for them, the higher ups want hot ticket artists and Eillish is that right now, not saying Maiden isn't big but right now they haven't caught the eye of anyone at the moment, it's like Black Sabbath, Black Sabbath caught peoples' attention at the time when they reunited and made 13, it was hot at that time because the biggest heavy metal band in the world reunited and they had a lot of concept you could work with as a maze and Murdy capitalized on that, something that we should have had as well but again wasn't in the cards.

Also look at it from here, even if the house or show wasn't popular, they still made their money in getting their foot in the door in bringing her to the event and drawing more teens and people to the event as well. They'll still come out winning in some way at the end.

Plus if anything I'd put her in the MIB tent and wouldn't look back, save the other areas for the other properties and put Beetlejuice in Shrek

Iron Maiden is a perfect fit but I only see Hollywood getting em as much as we deserve another music house, Murdy always get em as exclusives or something, same goes for us when we got Rob last year. As much as I would want Maiden, it's just not in the cards for them, the higher ups want hot ticket artists and Eillish is that right now, not saying Maiden isn't big but right now they haven't caught the eye of anyone at the moment, it's like Black Sabbath, Black Sabbath caught peoples' attention at the time when they reunited and made 13, it was hot at that time because the biggest heavy metal band in the world reunited and they had a lot of concept you could work with as a maze and Murdy capitalized on that, something that we should have had as well but again wasn't in the cards.

Also look at it from here, even if the house or show wasn't popular, they still made their money in getting their foot in the door in bringing her to the event and drawing more teens and people to the event as well. They'll still come out winning in some way at the end.

Plus if anything I'd put her in the MIB tent and wouldn't look back, save the other areas for the other properties and put Beetlejuice in Shrek
I see what your saying if universal brings Billie to the event they’ll make lots of profit even if it’s bad. But with iron maiden if it comes I think it would be at both coasts. Mabey even at Orlando first as a scarezone kind of like killer klowns.

I see what your saying if universal brings Billie to the event they’ll make lots of profit even if it’s bad. But with iron maiden if it comes I think it would be at both coasts. Mabey even at Orlando first as a scarezone kind of like killer klowns.
Yeah and well if we ever get Iron Maiden house in the future, I would hope for it to be both coasts, as a scarezone it would sorta feel outta place, same with Creepshow because as a house they are more unique, they have their place and settings and spots. There is a lot of material they could with bands like Metallica, AC/DC and so forth but it's really about the appeal and what is happening in the now. A lot of metal bands have been doing things but haven't been really sparking stuff up in giving creative interest in bringing em in but you never know, they are always watching on what could be the next thing on their list or next big thing that could happen the following year.

I can totally live with two houses for the younger crowd (the other being Beetlejuice), as long as the rest is “hard” (all the originals LY).

Speaking of Beetlejuice, it’d be so funny if he were on a scaffold in the facade wearing a mask and complaining that he had to wear one.
I don’t think Beetlejuice counts as young crowd anymore. But Billie would definetly make up for their being one youth house. I think it’s a good idea, from a marketing and content standpoint. I’m a teen and have never heard of Iron Maiden and neither have any of my friends, so I definitely think BE is the better option.

• Wow
Reactions: Sledge

Let’s say general pop culture public has money to spend and wants to go places, what would appeal to a ‘see and be seen spender’ more: the Gathering of the Juggalos or Coachella? Go see Terrifier or IT? Party in Ocean City, MD or Ibiza?

Like @Legacy said HHN already has the Rob Zombie/Slipknot/Iron Maiden crowd, but in order to keep the gates open they also have to make some room for the general public everybody-has-heard-of-it crowd. So with the horror visuals + sound, and the overall current cultural relevancy, that’s where Billie Eilish fits in.

Nobody clamoring for a post-apocalyptic, lizard-people in space Muse house? Just me? Ok...
I think you gave em an idea for Slaughter Sinema 2 Electric Boogaloo

and @ChaseTuff yeah, it's really not in the radar for them, they are going for where the money is and of course it is Billie Eillish but who knows what the future holds for us, I mean music houses I could only see being Hollywood bound but I mean we never know what could be on the creatives' minds all the time. If Billie's good, hopefully it'll give us a way to enjoy the other houses not being so crowded.

I'm not sure anyone is actually questioning this but...

If you go by Google Trends popularity over the last 2.5 years or so and compare the bands/artists that have been brought up, it's not even close.
  1. Eilish has more than 5x the average 'interest' of
  2. Slipknot which has 2x the average 'interest' of
  3. Iron Maiden which has 2x the average 'interest' of
  4. Rob Zombie

Status
Not open for further replies.