Magic Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wild West Muppet show. Tell me you can’t see Piggy on a saloon piano.
I can definitely see it. :lol: I'd take this definitely if my only options were this or the rumored Toy Story Saloon overlay.

I'm putting this out there, because I am less than knowledgable on the subject: are there noted problems with the content of the Country Bears? (Beyond the innuendo and violence.)
I haven't watched the show in awhile, but I remember something rubbing me the wrong way last time I saw it. Idk, maybe it was just what @belloq87 said. Maybe i'll watch a video of it and try and pinpoint.

Reactions: shiekra38 and Nico
I like the show, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world if they found the right replacement. I’ve thought about it though and I can’t think of anything that would fit there without standing out as out of place.
Make it the possum show from Goofy Movie

But honestly a Wild West Muppets show needs to happen haha

Reactions: Journey_On and Nico
I'm putting this out there, because I am less than knowledgable on the subject: are there noted problems with the content of the Country Bears? (Beyond the innuendo and violence.)
I believe the name "Liverlips McGrowl" has some weighty connotations, but that's about everything I know of.

Country Bears are one of the worst-rated attractions in the park, perhaps the lowest after Stitch got whacked. The only reason it still exists is because there probably haven't been any great ideas to replace it (it's an awkward space, same problem as Stitch) and MK hasn't been a primary focus ever since the ink dried on the Avatar deal.

I haven't watched the show in awhile, but I remember something rubbing me the wrong way last time I saw it. Idk, maybe it was just what @belloq87 said. Maybe i'll watch a video of it and try and pinpoint.
I've gotta be honest, I've tried to watch it and have never made it through the whole thing. And I usually like some of the older animatronic shows like Lincoln or the American Adventure. I guess it's just one of those older attractions I will never understand the appeal of like Autopia or the Skyway, just like how others don't understand my attachment to things like the Captain EO Tribute or Luigi's Flying Tires.

My wife and I saw it for the first time in 10 years last July and it was packed. Granted it was over 4th of July.

I wouldn’t shed a tear if this goes away. When shows like Bears and Tiki opened they were fascinating because of the technology involved. Now? It is outdated and the audio was horrific. I couldn’t understand half of what was being said.

A muppet show would be great! And the Woody’s Round Up makes too much sense for it to not be turned into that.

My wife and I saw it for the first time in 10 years last July and it was packed. Granted it was over 4th of July.

I wouldn’t shed a tear if this goes away. When shows like Bears and Tiki opened they were fascinating because of the technology involved. Now? It is outdated and the audio was horrific. I couldn’t understand half of what was being said.

A muppet show would be great! And the Woody’s Round Up makes too much sense for it to not be turned into that.
There's too much Toy Story spread across the parks, we don't need another show. Hell, this would be the second TS attraction in the same park. Although it wouldn't be AS bad if we finally got rid of buzz and rethemed it to Wreck it Ralph with a Hero's Duty ride.
213303-ralph-HerosDutyPreview_reduit.jpg

There's too much Toy Story spread across the parks, we don't need another show. Hell, this would be the second TS attraction in the same park. Although it wouldn't be AS bad if we finally got rid of buzz and rethemed it to Wreck it Ralph with a Hero's Duty ride.
213303-ralph-HerosDutyPreview_reduit.jpg
I would say that needs to be in the old Alien Encounter building.

An omnimover Wall E ride would make me happy where Buzz is

I would say that needs to be in the old Alien Encounter building.

An omnimover Wall E ride would make me happy where Buzz is
Yeah, I would welcome an ACTUAL omnimover ride back to tomorrowland. You know what I mean by that - a ride where you can just sit back and taake it in like the rides before Buzz (If You Had Wings, Delta Dreamflight, etc).

Not sure where to put this: WDW Pro on Magic is posting about the creation of a review board at Disney. Supposedly comes from Iger with Josh being against it.

Top attractions being looked at are:
1. Splash
2. American Adventure
3. Hall of Presidents
4. Country Bears
5. Whoop De Doo Review
6. Small World
7. Peter Pan’s Flight
8. Carousel of Progress

1. Please move if there’s a better place for this.
2. Let’s keep it civil.
3. It’s based on sources WDW Pro has.
4. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Not sure where to put this: WDW Pro on Magic is posting about the creation of a review board at Disney. Supposedly comes from Iger with Josh being against it.

Top attractions being looked at are:
1. Splash
2. American Adventure
3. Hall of Presidents
4. Country Bears
5. Whoop De Do Review
6. Small World
7. Peter Pan’s Flight
8. Carousel of Progress

1. Please move if there’s a better place for this.
2. Let’s keep it civil.
3. It’s based on sources WDW Pro has.
4. Don’t shoot the messenger.
What do all of those have in common? With the exception of Peter Pan and Splash, They all are original, none IP attractions and in the case of Splash and Pan, Splash has deep issues and Pan has some parts that need to be addressed (both for race reasons).

As for things like Hall of Presidents, American Adventure, Country Bears, and CoP, They're all AA shows that are sparsely attended. AA shows require a lot of maintance to keep them up to show standards, which is i'm sure what Iger objects to. Splash is heavily AA too. Seems to me they want to phase out the AA shows, so i'm surprised Tiki Room isn't on this list.

Also, if this is true (and WDW Pro has good info), that means the Splash call may have come from Iger, not Josh. If Josh is against these changes, let's hope he keeps fighting.

1. Splash - done
2. American Adventure - Keep it, I think it's a beautifully done show, keep revising though
3. Hall of Presidents - Rip it out, replace with Muppets show
4. Country Bears - Kill it, bring in something else
5. Whoop De Doo Review - Dafuq is this?
6. Small World - Burn it down
7. Peter Pan’s Flight - Incorporate some scenes from the shanghai version
8. Carousel of Progress - Eh, I don't really care what they do with this

Reactions: Joel and Nico
1. Splash - done
2. American Adventure - Keep it, I think it's a beautifully done show, keep revising though
3. Hall of Presidents - Rip it out, replace with Muppets show
4. Country Bears - Kill it, bring in something else
5. Whoop De Doo Review - Dafuq is this?
6. Small World - Burn it down
7. Peter Pan’s Flight - Incorporate some scenes from the shanghai version
8. Carousel of Progress - Eh, I don't really care what they do with this
I don't even know where they'd start with It's A Small World. Every country is a caricature of itself.

I think Hall of Presidents likely goes sooner than later. It's a pain of an attraction for them because it's a political attraction by nature and these days people aren't civil. Beyond that, they have to create a new AA every time there's a new President, which has to annoy them financially. Especially if a President only lasts 4 years...

They could always just change it to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.

Reactions: Cwoolboy and Nico
Carousel leaving would make me very sad, as it's the only real thing in the park that Walt Disney actually worked on.

To me, there are only two explanations for why Disney would be thinking about doing any of this, and neither of them are good:

1. Reduce animatronics across the theme parks.
2. Get rid of things that paint optimistic pictures of America and its history.

Carousel leaving would make me very sad, as it's the only real thing in the park that Walt Disney actually worked on.

To me, there are only two explanations for why Disney would be thinking about doing any of this, and neither of them are good:

1. Reduce animatronics across the theme parks.
2. Get rid of things that paint optimistic pictures of America and its history.
It certainly does give them convenient cover to get rid of attractions that are popular within the Disney fan community yet expensive to maintain and unpopular with the general public ( Country Bears, Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents)

I've found WDWPro's thread on Magic, and I'm not convinced that he's not trolling. Or at the very least what he's saying is heavily influenced by what he thinks, not necessarily what he knows.

Because he's talking about stuff that is patently ridiculous in its wide-reaching scope. He's basically saying virtually every attraction at Magic Kingdom is in line to be changed or removed.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel and Nico