The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 525 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll probably get a lot of crap for this, but as of now, cases are on a downward trend in Florida. Still a lot cases, but they’re going down. If, and that’s a big if, this were to continue and things are somewhat better come late September/October, could minds change for some type of event? Like if things are better would they still miss out on making some extra revenue? This is insanely far fetched and very unlikely but the thought just popped into my head. Still in mourning, leave me alone lol:)

I’ll probably get a lot of crap for this, but as of now, cases are on a downward trend in Florida. Still a lot cases, but they’re going down. If, and that’s a big if, this were to continue and things are somewhat better come late September/October, could minds change for some type of event? Like if things are better would they still miss out on making some extra revenue? This is insanely far fetched and very unlikely but the thought just popped into my head. Still in mourning, leave me alone lol:)
You’re bargaining. That’s fair. But no.

I don't think so. Takes too much for the wheels to turn.

Im keeping my expectations that nothing at all is happening. Anything else will be a pleasant surprise.
Low expectations are always best.

Let’s say universal does want to make a little bit of money without a event what kind of upcharges could they have other then lights on unmasking the horror?
It would be cool to see an upcharge event along the lines of a Mickey's Not-So-Scary, only VERY low crowds and no shows. But other than that.. I really couldn't think of anything.

Guys... please accept that the Tribute Store is all we're getting. They threw us a bone. Let's not get mad there isn't more.
Certainly not mad there’s not more I just think there’s a huge opportunity to open up a house teach the general public about these icons that are almost 10 years old and also giving some guests a chance to see the amount of detail that go in each horror nights house. Kinda like a DVC for hhn a way to make money advertising what their next vacation could look life if they ever decided to come back next fall

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
And to add on, it was already done. They spent money on the store and bought a crap load of merch for the event. They'd be dumb not to open it up and sell what they can.

Silver lining is that this year was HHN 30. If it wasn’t an anniversary year, Orlando would be stuck with a lot more merch saying HHN 2020, which is likely the case for Hollywood. At least Orlando can sell HHN 30 merch next year too.

I’ll probably get a lot of crap for this, but as of now, cases are on a downward trend in Florida. Still a lot cases, but they’re going down.

Wait till school opens and get back to me.

But the fact remains Universal, as they said, are going to focus on maintaining safe day-to-day regular operations. There's not going to be anything other than the Tribute Store.

And couldn't agree more on the local haunts. Please please please support them if any of them find a way to operate (safely) this year, whether in Florida or anywhere else for the out-of-state folks.
Circling back to this (especially since everyone seems to be going through the bargaining stage right now :lol:). Hard to tell what else, if anything, we'll be seeing this season in the Orlando area, but at the very least, we are getting a drive-thru haunt. Something you can actually look forward to as of now lol.

And to add on, it was already done. They spent money on the store and bought a crap load of merch for the event. They'd be dumb not to open it up and sell what they can.
That was my question...Did the houses even get completely "finished"? Inspected? Detailed?

I assume not

Status
Not open for further replies.