Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

This is pretty exciting. Makes sense now why Polite Pig stopped selling their cookies too.

Sounds very similar to Erin McKinna's NYC Bakery, which is also in The Landing.

Omg yessssss. One of the few local places I've eaten from! Holy crap their cookies ARE TO DIE FOR. I consider myself a cookie expert *adjusts tie* and I must say they are quite possibly the best I've had. Im sure thats not an uncommon opinion but ill take the positive news here!

Homecomin' re-opened today. Chef Art Smith gave a quick speech welcoming everyone back. The booths have all had glass dividers installed -- they're high-quality and feel organic, unlike most of the plastic cashier shields I've seen. They are not seating the right side of the bar, presumably because of its proximity to the booths. Everyone felt pretty conscientious (goes for Springs walkways as well). Thirst to be first crowd, but was up to an hour and a half wait, which even at half capacity seems unheard of for a Wednesday in the de facto off-season.

Outside patio looks nice, ton of new seating. Will have live music starting this weekend, and a full outside bar in a month or two.

Enjoyed being out for a bit today, can't say we didn't see a Karen moment, but it was nice to get out. We had a very enjoyable meal (outside).

Too much food. I believe the place was called FL Kitchen. I loved the pulled pork, wide and daughter had chicken, but it was comfortable enough for me and just nice to eat a restaurant.

Here is a random shot

dtds.jpg

I was at Disney Springs today as well. It was pretty damn crowded. 30 minute wait to get into World of Disney at 5:30-ish and a 20 minute line to buy Disney masks.

UNIQLO is still closed from when they abruptly shut down last week.

I was at Disney Springs today as well. It was pretty damn crowded. 30 minute wait to get into World of Disney at 5:30-ish and a 20 minute line to buy Disney masks.

Cast members started getting a 50% discount on merch in Disney Springs on Sunday, so I'd guess that caused a bump in DS business, but especially WoD.

UNIQLO is still closed from when they abruptly shut down last week.

Was our first time since the name change, so was certainly less crowded than I have ever had to deal with. We did wait for mask (@Teebin I will give you my wife's number in PM, you can try to talk to her, I am done ;-) )

20200705_124643.jpg

These are the ones I picked up (save the cat which was too big for my wife so I inherited it I imagine!

mask_s.jpg

That’s a real shame. Ample Hills is great and one of the few worthwhile ice cream shops on property. Disney Springs was really gonna benefit from the new storefront.

Ample Hills was in financial trouble BEFORE Covid, they were one of the first companies to announce bankruptcy after things shut down.

So I decided to come to Disney Springs for dinner tonight. It closed at 10 and I didn’t get there until close to 8:45 and the amount of people pulling in was ridiculous. So the weekend hours need to be extended.

Mask use age was good, but distancing was terrible. We walked around and got turned away from a lot of places for not taking any more diners for the night until just deciding on Blaze.

Oh, also, it’s worth mentioning that STK is actually busier and more “club-like” now than during normal times. I’ve never seen it so busy and there was a pretty questionable party vibe around the old PI Plaza.

STK has always set out to have a club vibe from the beginning, but it never has worked out due to the vacationers turning off locals. Now, ironically, I think STK is succeeding in a rough time due to the LACK of tourism, allowing it to be a locals spot.

So I decided to come to Disney Springs for dinner tonight. It closed at 10 and I didn’t get there until close to 8:45 and the amount of people pulling in was ridiculous. So the weekend hours need to be extended.

Mask use age was good, but distancing was terrible. We walked around and got turned away from a lot of places for not taking any more diners for the night until just deciding on Blaze.

Oh, also, it’s worth mentioning that STK is actually busier and more “club-like” now than during normal times. I’ve never seen it so busy and there was a pretty questionable party vibe around the old PI Plaza.

STK has always set out to have a club vibe from the beginning, but it never has worked out due to the vacationers turning off locals. Now, ironically, I think STK is succeeding in a rough time due to the LACK of tourism, allowing it to be a locals spot.
Thanks for the update. Did you by any chance get to see what the crowds were like at the AMC? No movie theaters here in North Carolina until at least mid-September.