The Mandalorian | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

The Mandalorian

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Btw, it seems right now Disney+ intends on having Season 3 debut in 2021, probably around the same time next year if I had to guess since the fall seems to be Mando season now. It was put in 2021 promo on the Slovakia Disney+ account:
screen-shot-2020-11-12-at-112954-am-1244593.jpeg

Reactions: SeventyOne
Season 2 is going to all the right places it seems thus far. Super pleased with S2E3.

I find myself wondering how the TV show has captured all the "grit" missing from the prequel trilogy and the sequel trilogy. I

Season 2 is going to all the right places it seems thus far. Super pleased with S2E3.

I find myself wondering how the TV show has captured all the "grit" missing from the prequel trilogy and the sequel trilogy. I
It has the perfect people in charge. Dave Filoni just *gets* Star Wars and so does Jon Favreau. It helps that Filoni has been with LucasFilm since about 2007 and had the chance to work alongside George.

Reactions: youhow2 and Tristan
It has the perfect people in charge. Dave Filoni just *gets* Star Wars and so does Jon Favreau. It helps that Filoni has been with LacasFilm since about 2007 and had the chance to work alongside George.
Yeah, George basically mentored Filoni during all of TCW with him eventually taking over most episodes.

9/10 for me. The action was great, the story movies forwards for a few story lines and also still has its own thing happening for this week. The scene where they throw Mando and the Child into the water, my god that felt like the most violent thing ever done on the live action Star Wars films/shows. Like my god, that felt so real and would have been such a terrible death.
Excited for next week and the rest of the season. Show is hopefully going to have a different goal post this season if the child can be given to the Jedi

9/10 for me. The action was great, the story movies forwards for a few story lines and also still has its own thing happening for this week. The scene where they throw Mando and the Child into the water, my god that felt like the most violent thing ever done on the live action Star Wars films/shows. Like my god, that felt so real and would have been such a terrible death.
Excited for next week and the rest of the season. Show is hopefully going to have a different goal post this season if the child can be given to the Jedi
Ain't no way that the child goes anywhere until this show ends. It's just not happening.

Reactions: Journey_On
Ain't no way that the child goes anywhere until this show ends. It's just not happening.
Not marking as spoiler since this is all speculation, but if the Child does stay until the end either the show has like one more season or its just going to get kinda sad to me they play it that safe.

The Child can only do so much now, he needs to go off and come back when he can talk. Mando now has a very good out of an interesting story thread after he gets the child gone and really besides the people who think the child is too cute I don't see why it would be bad if that character left when its story for now is done. Its like can we take some chances here and there...Mando was a chance taken and it worked why do we can to just stick with the well since people like the child he can never leave the show even if story wise it makes no sense at all. Unless we want a boring show were Mando just raises him then it makes no sense for them to be together after this season it would be selfish and reckless. Mando is a bounty hunter who has the Empire, other hunters after him and pretty much anyone who can make money from his armor.

[/QUOTE]

Not marking as spoiler since this is all speculation, but if the Child does stay until the end either the show has like one more season or its just going to get kinda sad to me they play it that safe.

The Child can only do so much now, he needs to go off and come back when he can talk. Mando now has a very good out of an interesting story thread after he gets the child gone and really besides the people who think the child is too cute I don't see why it would be bad if that character left when its story for now is done. Its like can we take some chances here and there...Mando was a chance taken and it worked why do we can to just stick with the well since people like the child he can never leave the show even if story wise it makes no sense at all. Unless we want a boring show were Mando just raises him then it makes no sense for them to be together after this season it would be selfish and reckless. Mando is a bounty hunter who has the Empire, other hunters after him and pretty much anyone who can make money from his armor.
I don't see this show going past 3 or 4 seasons max. There will be plenty of spinoffs to come out of this show to give more Star Wars content to Disney+.

I don't see this show going past 3 or 4 seasons max. There will be plenty of spinoffs to come out of this show to give more Star Wars content to Disney+.

Yeah, I'm betting 4 seasons for the show. But that does not mean I don't think this show will bleed Into others, given rumored shows in development for the Service that's seemingly after RoTJ and before TFA in the terms of the timeline.

Yeah, I'm betting 4 seasons for the show. But that does not mean I don't think this show will bleed Into others, given rumored shows in development for the Service that's seemingly after RoTJ and before TFA in the terms of the timeline.
Yeah with supposedly a Boba Fett show coming, I think Din could pop in over there eventually and I’d be sort of surprised if Ahsoka Tano wasn’t a part of another show (or her own) in a major way.

Yeah with supposedly a Boba Fett show coming, I think Din could pop in over there eventually and I’d be sort of surprised if Ahsoka Tano wasn’t a part of another show (or her own) in a major way.

Honestly, with the rumors of them looking to cast Thrawn and Ezra for Live Action, an Ashoka/Sabine or live action Rebels sequel headed by Filoni would make a lot of sense.

Reactions: Nick
Honestly, with the rumors of them looking to cast Thrawn and Ezra for Live Action, an Ashoka/Sabine or live action Rebels sequel headed by Filoni would make a lot of sense.
Honestly, I just love what their doing as a whole and the fact that they're utilizing the expanded universe (both canon and legends) because it's helping to not make the Star Wars Universe feel so small. We've known the galaxy is huge, but really, we've only every been following the Skywalker story, so it has limited the size of the galaxy from our perspective. By bringing in all of these other characters that are fighting their own battles, it really helps to show the scale of the universe.

Also, according to Deadline, the Boba Fett show is starting to film any day now and we don't even have any cast rumors. The Mandalorian Season 3 will film immediately afterwards.

Reactions: youhow2 and Tristan
Back to The Mandalorian... like I said, I have a feeling next week will be on Navarro, and while it would be nice to see Greef Karga and Cara Dune, i'm mostly looking forward to seeing Din potentially confronting The Armorer after coming across Mandalorians who take their helmets off and being accused of being a religious zealot.