Spider-Man: No Way Home | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: No Way Home

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I scene from Spiderman 2 popped up on my Youtube feed where its Otto talking to Peter about Science and...god I love that film and how they did Doc Ock.

Its why it was hard for me to except everyone saying Into the Spider Verse is the best Spiderman film (which...yeah it is) because that knocks Spiderman 2 from that spot and that film is still amazing. Great villain, amazing action scenes, and just works as a film. I sadly don't see the next spiderman having time to build the villain up like that because if rumors are true its the Sinister Six..which while cool means less time to focus on the story of the villains

Reactions: belloq87
I scene from Spiderman 2 popped up on my Youtube feed where its Otto talking to Peter about Science and...god I love that film and how they did Doc Ock.

Its why it was hard for me to except everyone saying Into the Spider Verse is the best Spiderman film (which...yeah it is) because that knocks Spiderman 2 from that spot and that film is still amazing. Great villain, amazing action scenes, and just works as a film. I sadly don't see the next spiderman having time to build the villain up like that because if rumors are true its the Sinister Six..which while cool means less time to focus on the story of the villains

Honestly, I'm wondering if they're going to tie Electro and Octavious in as members of the "Spider-Slayer's"; and avoid bringing up the Sinister Six altogether.

It'd make sense if they're not wanting to bring them or Oscorp directly up as a group--and would allow more windows to be open. Especially if the SSMCU and MCU are inter-connected. Would allow them to build things up over time; especially with Venom 2 and Morbius.

Honestly, I'm wondering if they're going to tie Electro and Octavious in as members of the "Spider-Slayer's"; and avoid bringing up the Sinister Six altogether.

It'd make sense if they're not wanting to bring them or Oscorp directly up as a group--and would allow more windows to be open. Especially if the SSMCU and MCU are inter-connected. Would allow them to build things up over time; especially with Venom 2 and Morbius.
It will be interesting to see how they do it...but I'm just not excepting Villain wise Electro to be "deep". I think the villains so far have made sense the motives and stuff are good but I still just feel disconnected becasue they really aren't linked to Spiderman they are Ironman villains. Which is why I wanted Kraven because at least then I'd know it there is no way they could link it to anyone but Spiderman. I'm hoping JJ being back brings us more into a film that feels more "spiderman" this time around.

It WAS a bad thing.
giphy.gif

It WAS a bad thing.
AcceptableEnchantingDonkey-max-1mb.gif

It will be interesting to see how they do it...but I'm just not excepting Villain wise Electro to be "deep". I think the villains so far have made sense the motives and stuff are good but I still just feel disconnected becasue they really aren't linked to Spiderman they are Ironman villains. Which is why I wanted Kraven because at least then I'd know it there is no way they could link it to anyone but Spiderman. I'm hoping JJ being back brings us more into a film that feels more "spiderman" this time around.

I think with the seemingly more plausible possibility of Multiverse; we're getting the versions of Electro and Octavius from their respective films. Incorporate them, along with bringing back Toomes, and it'd bring a team of "Spider-Slayers" as the Best-Of Spider-Man's villain's for the movie landscape. You'd already have the landscape of backstory for all three of them; and it wouldn't be as impossible.

If Wandavision is having a different version of Monica plucked to our MCU, it wouldn't be an impossibility that the affects of Wanda's reality warping can cause openings for Otto and Max to be warped to the MCU by accident. It'd also explain why Doctor Strange is there--to get them back to their respective universes.

Really cannot believe "SPIDER-VERSE, but worse" is what we're going with here
To each their own. I think this has a chance to be pretty interesting and Feige is overseeing the project still. It's been a long while since he actually let us down is any major way, so I trust the direction they are going in.

To each their own. I think this has a chance to be pretty interesting and Feige is overseeing the project still. It's been a long while since he actually let us down is any major way, so I trust the direction they are going in.
I'm sure it will be *fine*. MCU rarely dips below that line, though I'd argue it also rarely rises above it.

But SPIDER-VERSE is a masterpiece, and for my money the best superhero film ever made. The visual creativity alone in the film is head and shoulders above any of the MCU films, which tend to really not be all that creative visually.

We don't have enough context for me to say this is going to far. I'm going to imagine that most of the returning players will kind of all be in the same scene that will last for a few minutes out of the whole movie.
I'm of the mind that I wish Spider-Man 3 would be a two-parter. Have the first part help close out the dangling plot threads of Peter, his identity reveal and so forth....then have it end with a big cliff-hanger introducing the other two Spider-Men leading into a second part that can give ample screentime to the original two iteration's characters without the bloat. But...that's a pipe dream.