Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Snow White’s Scary Adventures Upgrade

I can't imagine the hardcore Disneyland fanbase would be thrilled with that new name, or with the likely sanding down of the creepier elements.

Ugh! I was so excited for the upgrades but the new name suggests they’re abandoning my favorite aspects of the ride. Hopefully Claude Coats’s version of the haunted forest remains!
Me to, I have such a vivid memory of riding in that part of the ride with my mom, her talking to me but i was just to enthralled with the forest to really listen.

I made another terrifying trek into the WDWMagic Disneyland forums to bring more info on what these rumored changes are.

Member @swge describes it as a combo of the original attraction, Seven Dwarves Mine Train, and the Paris version. Mine scene and everything after the apple scene will be redone. New static figures, and the Dopey Animatronic from Mine Train. Oh, and lots of projections. Apparently, while everything after the queen's lair will have a lighter tone, some parts have been made scarier and the name change is mostly to increase ridership levels and not dissuade guest from riding?

The user listed all this as speculation but a Premium Member on the forums said their info lined up with what they had heard.

EDIT: I guess I'll give my thoughts. The only major problem with the original ride was the abrupt ending, so if they manage to fix the pacing that would be great. Adding Mine Train animatronics is also great, as it hopefully gives the ride more longevity and negates any talk of replacing Snow White and Pinocchio with something fancier. I'm primarily concerned about the subtlety and integration of projections within the static sets, and whether projections will take focus away from classic elements. However, lots of this sounds like an improvement. I also think it would be very funny if we got a rethemed Mine Train within the decade along with dwarf animatronics in the dark ride. Florida would love that.

Last edited:
IDK I used to love the LOL ending. The Witch pushes a boulder on the seven dwarfs, round the corner and viola! They live happily ever after! :lol:

Assuming the speculation’s correct and it’s everything after the poisoned Apple scene, that means the haunted forest is still intact, right? If it’s made even scarier, that’s great. I was most excited for that scene to be enhanced as well as the terrible ending.

IDK I used to love the LOL ending. The Witch pushes a boulder on the seven dwarfs, round the corner and viola! They live happily ever after! :lol:

Assuming the speculation’s correct and it’s everything after the poisoned Apple scene, that means the haunted forest is still intact, right? If it’s made even scarier, that’s great. I was most excited for that scene to be enhanced as well as the terrible ending.
The haunted forest comes after the queen's lair :(

Name change confirmed, as well as other details.

“Cheerier.” “A beautiful, sweet storyline.” So yeah. I think they’ve probably gutted all of the spooky elements.

I adore classic-style dark rides, and I think the work looks to be, objectively, pretty good. I just don't like sanding off the edges.

Name change confirmed, as well as other details.

“Cheerier.” “A beautiful, sweet storyline.” So yeah. I think they’ve probably gutted all of the spooky elements.

I adore classic-style dark rides, and I think the work looks to be, objectively, pretty good. I just don't like sanding off the edges.
First, can they stop with the TikTok promotion. Do people really think our generation talks with incredulous, inarticulate amazement all the time?

Second, I think the mine and the ending look great! Looks like there's even a new animatronic at the end. Somewhat telling that none of the witch scenes were shown. It's probably just an indication that little work has been done on those scenes.

EDIT: There's also some good meme potential here
Me and my girl after two rounds at (insert favorite theme park bar here)
hgnvbcgffdretw.jpg

A reaction to an uncomfortable yet humorous situation:
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
So they changed the room in the Q from the Dungeon to Snow White....both kinda sucks because I grew up with that but....storywise yeah makes more sense for Snow White.

The Mine Stuff looks GREAT...I love it I have always felt that was lacking and now it is not. The little bit of the kiss ending looks good as well...I just hope...some of the scary stuff is still there but overal the new effects make this attraction feel much more updated and it needed it.

I’ll wait until I ride it, but yeah, it does seem Disney scrubbed the attraction of its unique characteristics. Looks like a generic Snow White dark ride now.

Eh....I don’t hate the new upgrades. They LOOK nice for some “sweetners”. I’m still concerned about most of the “scary” stuff getting axed. Them showing the dungeon still in the queue does seem to reassure people that they haven’t totally scrapped those aspects.

If they kept at least a slice of the spooky forest plus the grimness of the Queen's Castle, I'm good. (I know we lost some space for the new ending, but there's still gotta be those sequences of peril.)

I'm in the boat that the upgrades do look nice, the mine looks downright great.

However, the boat also includes me being worried on how much they toned things down to try and tell a whole story. As we all know, Fantasyland dark rides usually fall into issues of trying to recap the movie and not having the space for it. An the best ones end up being the dark rides which don't focus too much on the story and go for a trip (Alice in Wonderland), or forgo retelling the movie and run with a different aspect (Mr. Toad's Wild Ride).

The original Snow White was fun for it's classic darkride aspects with the witch, so if they take too much of that out, I feel the ride will be the definition of " "Pretty" Dull". The updates will look pretty, but it'll still be a chopped-up retelling of the movie with less of a kick this time.

Meanwhile, WDW's 50th is coming up and we're still rolling with a Peter Pan stuck in the 70's and there's no sign of a modernized version coming anytime soon. And that's just one of MANY examples I could give. I know some are split on this, but at least y'alls rides get a decent amount of love and attention.