Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

California Great America

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
The park is now teasing of a new attraction to be coming to the park for the 2018 operating season.

The rumors have indicated that Great America may be recieving a Chance GT-X Hyper Coaster.

What do you think they could add? Comment down below!

looks a great coaster and I am ashamed to say in a park I hadn't even heard of.

Agreed that it looks far better than Wonder Woman.

Question though, what does the single rail bring to game? cheaper? faster ? smoother ?

What are we all expecting from this latest generation of coater?

looks a great coaster and I am ashamed to say in a park I hadn't even heard of.

Agreed that it looks far better than Wonder Woman.

Question though, what does the single rail bring to game? cheaper? faster ? smoother ?

What are we all expecting from this latest generation of coater?

I thought I heard that it's very cheap to do this as opposed to the TRex Single Rail track. As for smooth, I would think it'd be on the level of other RMC I-Box projects.

I just love how the theming of the attraction works hand in hand with the coaster itself. It's a perfect fit for that area to me, as I can't wait to see what it looks like in reality.

Link to the coaster's page for more info and stats: RailBlazer | Revolutionary New Roller Coaster | California's Great America

Coming in 2018

California’s Great America will introduce a groundbreaking new single rail steel coaster, RailBlazer, for the 2018 season. RailBlazer will be the first coaster of its kind on the West Coast featuring a single rail track throughout; the design requires the rider to straddle the rail, creating an extremely low center of gravity that amplifies every move and enables more dynamic turns and rotations than have ever been possible on a coaster. With an eight-passenger single file train hugging the rail, the coaster will give riders an unobstructed view of the ground and air as they speed smoothly over the twisting track.

A Revolutionary Roller Coaster Concept

RailBlazer will lift riders to a height of 106 feet before plunging them face down at a 90-degree angle. Throughout the 1,800 feet of track, riders will travel 52 miles per hour, experience an abundance of airtime and steeply banked turns, undertake three inversions and twist through a zero gravity roll.

“RailBlazer is a revolutionary roller coaster concept that will be an intense and exhilarating ride experience for our guests,” said Raul Rehnborg, vice president and general manager, California’s Great America. “In addition, it marks the company’s initial investment in the park following the City of Santa Clara’s approval this year of the new park master plan, and kicks off a multi-year transformation of California’s Great America into a world-class destination for everyone in the Bay Area and beyond.”

An Immersive, Off-Road Adventure

The design spirit of the ride is reflective of an off-road adventure, with immersive sensory theming that embraces the great outdoors of the Bay Area and Central Coast. Once on board, riders will ascend a 45-degree climb, dive into a ravine and encounter steeped embankments representing an extreme four-wheeling journey. Imposing physical elements during the ride and queue line include a natural waterway, rocky surroundings and a trailhead marquee sign designed to mark the beginning of the journey. The unique design of RailBlazer will include a silent rollback lift hill that eliminates the traditional sounds of the train moving up the track.

RBcga1.JPG
Railblazer 1.jpg
RBcga2.JPG
RBcga3.JPG

Went to this park yesterday as I tried to cram in both this and Discovery Kingdom. Managed to hit all of the credits except Psycho Mouse. This is definitely the better NorCal Park.

Don’t even get me started in Railblazer. Such a fun ride. The only coaster I really wasn’t a fan of was Demon. Even though it was rough, the corkscrews were pretty fun rocketing through them. Patriot, Flight Deck, and Grizzly were also really fun rides.

I plan to come back up here in a couple of years when that rumored hyper opens up. Hopefully by then I can pace myself and enjoy the park more. They seem to have a really good drop Tower and Sky Ride that I didn’t get to experience.

Last edited:
This is one of the biggest pieces of information in domestic parks this year, as of now.

It's going to be..really fascinating, to see how the Bay Lake dynamic changes for the parks, especially now as Six Flags and Cedar Fair are paying attention to this little corner of California.

Last edited:
Surprised nobody brought this up, but regardless of the state’s mandates, the site is saying that the park will open May 22nd. Interesting.

I'd actually..like to bring this up. Because we don't have a California reopening page anymore, this has an interesting point to mention.

Seems like Cedar Fair planned knowing of this..

^I was just thinking that maybe the California reopening thread should be reopened. Kinda crazy to think the CA hasn't had parks open all this time, but rates have gone down a LOT, so it actually could be a possibility.

Of course, the monkey wrench to me would be the new variants that are even easier to spread. Not sure how that's going to affect things. But as a whole, the trend in CA is dropping very rapidly. It'll be interesting to see if it maintains.

^I was just thinking that maybe the California reopening thread should be reopened. Kinda crazy to think the CA hasn't had parks open all this time, but rates have gone down a LOT, so it actually could be a possibility.

Of course, the monkey wrench to me would be the new variants that are even easier to spread. Not sure how that's going to affect things. But as a whole, the trend in CA is dropping very rapidly. It'll be interesting to see if it maintains.
Well, Florida's parks have shown they can operate safely under the circumstances. Yeah I know, case numbers, variants, I understand. Regardless, I don't think any of the parks will be able to withstand another Summer of being shut down so something will have to give if state officials change their minds....again.

Otherwise, this is great news to hear!

Last edited: