Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

So what hero will it be themed to?

Shazam, Green Latern, Black Adam?

I want Aquaman but that seems more...for a water ride or water coaster hybrid

I think the theme for the new coaster is going to be the Joker.
Joker would definitely be a good choice after the success of the movie, lack of specific ride at magic mountain, and general presence in the zeitgeist. I also would go for Green Lantern (since I believe they still have the queue and the single rail is almost like the green lantern light trails), Wonderwoman (since she only has a carnival ride, the rmc single tracks have already been themed to the lasso, and she is also much more in the zeitgeist the other JL characters) and Cyborg (I legit JUST want to see ONE cyborg ride at MM).

Magic Mountain could really use a Joker ride so I'd like that. Duel colored track like Six Flags Discovery Kingdom's Joker would be nice (I bet they could make it work with even with the single rail).

You guys think Jersey Devil Coaster is going to be as intense as Railblazer/Golden Lasso Coaster?

Mk1c1qG.jpg

Interesting is it is missing from the park map to check in but is still listed as a ride. I noticed jet stream is still listed as a ride but has no check in button either on the map.

Is the app really that reliable? Recently at another Six Flags Park (I believe SFOT), every single ride at the park was listed as "Goes up-side down" in the app, even the kiddie rides. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So that's both Cedar Fair and Six Flags Corp fully stating timelines (albeit though, with Cedar fair putting a date for one of their parks).

Coupled with Knott's Boysenberry festival ending in May..I once again must ask: What do they know that we don't.

So that's both Cedar Fair and Six Flags Corp fully stating timelines (albeit though, with Cedar fair putting a date for one of their parks).

Coupled with Knott's Boysenberry festival ending in May..I once again must ask: What do they know that we don't.

One of three things is happening here:

1) The graphic is a placeholder that got mistakenly tweeted. There is no internal opening plan.
2) They inadvertently or intentionally got ahead of an imminent announcement about California reopening strategies and know something we don't.
3) They are aware that the state does not plan to imminently change their reopening strategy and are openly putting a line in the sand, especially as reopening now seems to hinge on efficacy of the vaccine rollout.