Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Hollywood Reopening April 16

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Use this thread to discuss USH finally reopening

Pulling from my post in This Just In --
Some predictions:
  • Despicable Me and Simpsons closed for now. (We know this since USH has said as much in an LA Times article.)
  • Forbidden Journey, Mummy, Transformers all use extended outdoor queues and pulse people through to loading areas to remain in compliance with state codes.
  • Wizarding World forced to do time entry - no way CA is getting away with the crowding seen in FL
  • No Ollivander's, probably.
  • Unclear whether Kung Fu Panda can open, but if it can, no preshow.
  • Modified Animal Actors show with no audience volunteers (see: Animal Kingdom's modified bird show)
  • No Special Effects Show
  • Waterworld tentatively happens with aggressive testing/some changed blocking? Distancing of audience is totally possible, the issue would probably be the water
  • Stage/platform in the Universal Plaza with characters waving (only spot with the space for it)
  • Tram Tour continues as normal + unnecessary plastic dividers between rows, POSSIBLY skips Fast & Furious because might be pushing the 15-minute indoor limit
  • Secret Life of Pets............ apparently reopening with the park! Yay!

Bringing this over from the This Just In thread...
Secret Life of Pets was announced to be open.
Yeah, just saw that in the other thread. That's great news, and they're going to need it to drive business with Despicable Me, Simpsons, and a few of the shows down.
Not disagreeing with you necessarily, but I think people are just going to be so happy to be back in the park and go on some rides again. Now of course SLoP was supposed to open a year ago and only TM's have gotten to ride it, so having a new ride opening along with the park will certainly help.

Bringing this over from the This Just In thread...

Not disagreeing with you necessarily, but I think people are just going to be so happy to be back in the park and go on some rides again. Now of course SLoP was supposed to open a year ago and only TM's have gotten to ride it, so having a new ride opening along with the park will certainly help.

I think that'll apply to first wave of new ticket buyers who want their Potter fix. After that, they'll need something to compel people to buy full price tickets for a park that's only 2/3rds open. Having annual passholders on the roster should help, though.

Fantastic news! Do I buy an AP now or hold off? Someone flip a coin for me.

I'm a bit unclear if they will allow the purchase of new annual passes, and if they do, what pricing will look alike. All ticket sales apparently resume April 8th.

I'm a bit unclear if they will allow the purchase of new annual passes, and if they do, what pricing will look alike. All ticket sales apparently resume April 8th.

Aw, man! You’re right. I looked a week or two ago and the Silver Pass was available for purchase. Now they’ve changed the ticketing site.

I think Universal is going to find a way for rides to be open...if SLOP can be open why not Simpsons? Yes..yes lower capacity but I think they will get those rides up.

Panda even should work with the Q if spaced out...like just have feet markings for each row and you must stand there for the pre show and then enjoy the ten min show. Just call it a movie theater and hand out tickets if you have to...lol

Think Donkey will be back like at the events along with Transformers/Blue. I could also see the middle of the park having meet and greets and maybe some sort of mini shows while people eat there.
My only goal when I go is get on SLOP, Jurassic and Hidden Journey ride wise and if the Tram seems to have a 30 min or less wait go on that and see waterworld if they let you use the app for tickets for that

What time do reservations go online for April 5th?
I do think they have said

Honestly going to watch this site for news on that like how Six Flags didn't really tell anyone you could get tickets until hours after the system went online

I heard the Special Effects has closed permanently. All performers were let go.

WaterWorld could certainly open. I wonder if they will open with the park or a few weeks later? Maybe by Labor Day?

I'd be shocked if they are just flat out putting Special Effects Stage into the Studio Vault. Makes me curious if they have any intentions on using it once the restrictions ease; or if it's going to be saved for private events and seasonal shows until a new attraction comes.

Has there been any other word on what the exact dates will be for these "Bonus Days" for APs? I believe they said they'd be between April 15 and May 16, but offered no other specifics to which dates in that window. Kinda makes it tough to plan.

Also, it still seems a bit unclear to me if APs can get in on non-Bonus Days before May 17. Can anyone clarify?

Has there been any other word on what the exact dates will be for these "Bonus Days" for APs? I believe they said they'd be between April 15 and May 16, but offered no other specifics to which dates in that window. Kinda makes it tough to plan.

Also, it still seems a bit unclear to me if APs can get in on non-Bonus Days before May 17. Can anyone clarify?
They have not said how those days work but yes we can get into the park before may. May is just when your new ticket will print out with a new ending date aand block out dates.
I am a little worried on how this will work..my pass was suppose to be done by end of May....ok cool but now my pass goes into August...will I even have open dates in the summer? If not then literally giving me my time back means nothing

But its all questions we will have to wait and see on and hoping if not they just let me buy a new pass, because I want to go in the summer...im bored and ready to ride some rides

No clue if they haven't updated it yet or what but my Silver Pass has pretty much all good to go days through the summer...I hope this is true because if so then dam thank you Universal

Tickets go on sale Thurs. but I haven’t seen an onsale time or prices. Anyone think we’ll get details soon?