Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm down with the change. Nothing is truly sacred. I think it will be a positive move for multiple reasons, especially if the budget allows the creative team to do what they do.
I think most people think the same way

Its current upper Management that scares people. Like selling Web Slingers to fully play the new Spiderman ride makes it seem like rides from now on are going to nickel and dime everything. So while this ride could be AMAZING if they don't spend the the right amount it will be good buttttt not what it should be.

Its current upper Management that scares people. Like selling Web Slingers to fully play the new Spiderman ride makes it seem like rides from now on are going to nickel and dime everything. So while this ride could be AMAZING if they don't spend the the right amount it will be good buttttt not what it should be.
I mean, stick a few simple AA's and static figures, keep ones that look like they're from PatF, add some projection mapping, and keep the big drop (which is why everyone cares about the ride in the first place)

The Splash Mountain formula isn't terribly hard to crack

I can't even imagine skipping out on Magic Kingdom when I take trips to Orlando.

Pound for pound, it's still the Orlando park with the most to do, the greatest variety of offerings, and the most nostalgia (i.e. most of the attractions I enjoyed as a child are still there).

I wish I could say the same about my beloved Epcot and Universal Studios Florida.
Personally, IOA scratches all my itches

But I've never been shy about being a Universal fanboy

Mine too. It's truly the jack of all trades park, and that's what I ultimately want.

Reactions: shiekra38
(which is why everyone cares about the ride in the first place)

That's selling the dark ride scenes, and the craft and staging that went into them, a bit short. Without them, you might as well be riding a barely-themed log flume at any regional amusement park.

The Splash Mountain formula isn't terribly hard to crack

I think everyone who's being fair acknowledges that continuing to follow the "formula," as you say, will result in a successful and entertaining overlay.

Disney just has to actually do it, and not get lazy or fall back on too many (cheaper) crutches.

universal is kinda guilty of the same thing. See the mario bands.

anyway…

My hope is that Disney realizes just how closely this is being monitored by fans. They really can’t afford to go cheap here

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Good. These stories and characters were taken without permission from slaves, repackaged in the books using stereotypical colloquial verbiage, then resold with none of the money or attention going to the slaves.

Good. Riddence.
Just because some people are bothered by it doesn’t mean it should be removed from the masses who enjoy it very much. The VAST majority of people see nothing wrong with the stories or the theme. Just look at the Save Splash Mountain Petition on Change.org. People do not want this beloved attraction to be the next victim of pointless cancel culture. There is absolutely nothing ‘racist’ about the attraction, and all connections are a severe stretch. Disney saw it when the gift shop went bare and lines doubled. Deep down they know what this ride means to their fans. The big thing is Disney’s track record with vague announcements. Remember last time when they made a vague announcement with no dates how it never panned out. (Main Street Theater). There are two factors that make the future look bright for Splash Mountain, the rediscovered demand for it, and the evidence that Disney’s cancelled previously announced projects in the past. Without Splash Mountain I lose almost all reason to go to the parks. The POTC changes caused me to lose interest, and now I’m at risk of losing splash. The only remaining member of my top 3 will be HM, and I’m not sure if that one attraction will warrant my ticket. Velocicoaster and Hagrids look awful good....

Just because some people are bothered by it doesn’t mean it should be removed from the masses who enjoy it very much. The VAST majority of people see nothing wrong with the stories or the theme. Just look at the Save Splash Mountain Petition on Change.org. People do not want this beloved attraction to be the next victim of pointless cancel culture. There is absolutely nothing ‘racist’ about the attraction, and all connections are a severe stretch. Disney saw it when the gift shop went bare and lines doubled. Deep down they know what this ride means to their fans. The big thing is Disney’s track record with vague announcements. Remember last time when they made a vague announcement with no dates how it never panned out. (Main Street Theater). There are two factors that make the future look bright for Splash Mountain, the rediscovered demand for it, and the evidence that Disney’s cancelled previously announced projects in the past. Without Splash Mountain I lose almost all reason to go to the parks. The POTC changes caused me to lose interest, and now I’m at risk of losing splash. The only remaining member of my top 3 will be HM, and I’m not sure if that one attraction will warrant my ticket. Velocicoaster and Hagrids look awful good....

This is not the take to have...

It still doesn't change the fact that the origins of the story come from a problematic source. I highly suggest you reexamine that. Disney knew it was a problem in the 80s, which is why the ride went through such a sterlization.

I imagine this thread will be locked again soon, but I implore you to revisit Song of the South and Brer Rabbit...particularly one story that includes a racial slur in the title.

I don't think anyone here would fault people for enjoying the ride...Hell, we have a framed pic of the fam on Splash Mountain in the living room. It's a great ride.

I do however, understand why the ride needs to change. It has had a weird subtext since day one...And Disney has a strong relevant library of much more deserving films to be featured

I don't have the energy to speak about Pirates rn

But all I'll say is there is a difference between timeless and frozen in time

There is so much wrong with this mindset and I really hope you’ll take the time to educate yourself on why these changes are so necessary to have.

The removal of harmful depictions of sex slavery and a ride rooted in racism should not be a difficult thing for anybody, let alone theme park fans, to come to terms with.

Splash Mountain will be closing, the redo will be happening. They have brought up the redo several times since the announcement.

And it's the best reason ever to redo an attraction, as it is based on racist material.

Accept that, we all have to live with our past, and the future as we continue to make amends and changes.

Just because some people are bothered by it doesn’t mean it should be removed from the masses who enjoy it very much. The VAST majority of people see nothing wrong with the stories or the theme.

Just look at the Save Splash Mountain Petition on Change.org. People do not want this beloved attraction to be the next victim of pointless cancel culture. There is absolutely nothing ‘racist’ about the attraction, and all connections are a severe stretch.
The POTC changes caused me to lose interest, and now I’m at risk of losing splash. The only remaining member of my top 3 will be HM, and I’m not sure if that one attraction will warrant my ticket. Velocicoaster and Hagrids look awful good....

Alright.

I seen enough.

Ill try to make this short, sweet and to the point.

Well before I do that, I should introduce myself.

My name is Shawn Rosell. Look me up.

I dont need to go into why Splash Mountain and why Song of South is racist but the sad fact that the guy I quoted

1. Doesnt see how it affects african americans
2. Doesnt care how it affects african americans
3. Cares very little about the real history just about himself

tells me that
1. he is a HUGE RACIST
2. He voted Trump
3. He lives in a trailer
4. Bangs his sister

Doesnt feel good to be steroetyped? Im sure you are mad and getting ready to fire of a angry response but read and understand this,

how you feel is how I felt for over 20 years riding Splash Mountain. Every stereotype in my face. All the time.

Its a joke to see that you dont understand how it doesnt affect blacks.

If you want to continue this elsewhere, you know where to find me.

I'd just like to say that I apologize for reopening this Pandora's Box. I sincerely did not mean for this thread to devolve into what it has the last few posts.

They should go back to the original concept that Eisner wanted based on the movie Splash.
Lol if only he wasn't so cheap to re-use the America Sings AAs this wouldn't have happened

I'd just like to say that I apologize for reopening this Pandora's Box. I sincerely did not mean for this thread to devolve into what it has the last few posts.
Once again you've caused mayhem internet

Alright.

I seen enough.

I dont need to go into why Splash Mountain and why Song of South is racist but the sad fact that the guy I quoted

tells me that
1. he is a HUGE RACIST
2. He voted Trump
3. He lives in a trailer
4. Bangs his sister

Doesnt feel good to be steroetyped? Im sure you are mad and getting ready to fire of a angry response but read and understand this,

how you feel is how I felt for over 20 years riding Splash Mountain. Every stereotype in my face. All the time.

:exclap: Yes. Yes. Yes. Thank you Shawn for writing this. Thank you for sharing your experience and writing this up in a way that hopefully helps this person get it.

Thank you for your time and energy.

Reactions: RevFreako
This thread is drifting into confrontational territory again.

To be fair, it's already been clarified that racism is not politics.
Alright.

I seen enough.

tells me that
1. he is a HUGE RACIST
2. He voted Trump
3. He lives in a trailer
4. Bangs his sister

You don't need me to say it, but thank you.