Avengers Campus (DCA) | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers Campus (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know opening are crazy but this seems like it would have been a good opportunity to do boarding groups like they had planned with Galaxy’s edge. Standby lines for 3 or 4 hours just to get in the land seems totally against what I thought Disney was trying to avoid. Also a 1 month period where they had timed reservations like GE would have been good here too.

I’m glad they didn’t go that route because I 100% would have snagged a reservation and would have been stuck at Avengers Campus this weekend instead of having a good time at USH!

reportedly the character action scene/show they had on opening night has already disappeared.
I think they've mentioned somewhere that it's returning next month.

EDIT: I couldn't find the quote, but there was a video on Snapmaps of the show from four hours ago.

Last edited:
Wait, are you serious? They don’t even know what to build!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA What a clown show Disney has become planning for Marvel rides.

Well by many accounts they did have a original idea for it which sounded pretty neat, but it was thrown back to the drawing board due to capacity concerns, and the pause from the Covid Lockdown hasn't helped with the development of this.

If Avengers is just another screen ride like Soarin, maybe 2 years construction. May have a complex ride system, but I'm sure that's being worked out in a warehouse somewhere in this meantime. I can only hope it's something cool like Forbidden Journey, or even kinda cool like Transformers at this point. 3 years then.
Either way, I'm not too thrilled to be watching screens. I was fairly disappointed with the finale of Rise.

The original idea was most certainly a complex ride system, but honestly I don't think we're gonna' see that come to life. I'm in the boat of some others feeling they're gonna' play it safe, and safe is using a ride system they already have. I hope that's not the case, but as far as we know it could very well be Flight of Marvel.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Well by many accounts they did have a original idea for it which sounded pretty neat, but it was thrown back to the drawing board due to capacity concerns, and the pause from the Covid Lockdown hasn't helped with the development of this.

The original idea was most certainly a complex ride system, but honestly I don't think we're gonna' see that come to life. I'm in the boat of some others feeling they're gonna' play it safe, and safe is using a ride system they already have. I hope that's not the case, but as far as we know it could very well be Flight of Marvel.
After all ROTR ongoing issues, they might want to keep it more simple.

Reactions: Tobias
I think they've mentioned somewhere that it's returning next month.

EDIT: I couldn't find the quote, but there was a video on Snapmaps of the show from four hours ago.

Yeah, I feel like I was seeing footage from it from the entire weekend, not just opening day,

I'm thinking this is gonna be Disney's Fast & Furious and that they'll hopefully take the feedback for future stuff

That would require two things that do not seem to exist. 1) The ability to have honest and clear retrospective and 2) The ability to admit mistakes. I would probably throw 3) The ability learn from and address said mistakes but it's hard to prove that it is a problem because of #2.

One comment I saw said, "Can't wait to see this on Defunctland." :lol:

Is it bad that all this footage of the land is DETERRING my friends from wanting to plan a visit to DLR?

Meanwhile, I'm over here trying to distract them with reminders of Snow White's Enchanted Wish like..
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F64954d49-5b3e-4ff2-9cf4-8bbca5bfe821_480x264.gif

Invert it?
Seems like that would be adding unecessary mechanical stress to a system that provides a fundamentally similar experience.

What might cut the salami is an experience that integrates that Mandalorian tech.

EDIT: Wait, Mandalorian tech is just a reworking of the same principles of warping perspective based on the viewer's position that has been used since the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man at IOA. Silly me :grin:

Last edited:
The trouble here is that they haven't even decided what they are going to build, and when they do it will probably be 4 or 5 years of construction.

It's insane to think that this land won't get a phase 2 or flagship attraction until 2025/26
The amount of pressure to build the Marvel equivalent of RotR (minus the technical issues) has to be extremely heavy. Not that that's an excuse, but i'd also like them to figure out what the hell they're doing and build an actually GREAT ride rather than building another ride that seems rushed through development.

Freshbaked and other bloggers kill me.

Spiderman is not the E ticket Fans wanted and thats ok....no its not. Like you can make GREAT D ticket rides

I've seen some people on here not fans of Mario Kart and Mermaid...but Spiderman makes both look like god tiers in terms of ride design. Heck even the Beauty and the Beast ride/show thing is better than this at least it has impressive tech and you feel like your in an animated film

Regardless of Spiderman at IOA, this ride feels like DCA 1.0. Like I guess its Spiderman but besides Peter NOTHING else is from Spiderman. No villains, no Ned/Aunt May or MJ. The Q is soooo boring and feels like "old" Universal. No Villains and saw people saying "well its just a ride..they are saving the villains for films" but why not have villains from the films in this? Heck throw in Ironman villains since you've made him Ironman jr in the MCU.

Also if Disney really can't throw money in for an E ticket ride in the land...just give us Bugsland back but with a Bugs Life Dark ride and THAT would be a better land...no clue how they made such a boring MCU land but Disney set up to do it..and did a fantastic job.