Disneyland Resort | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So basically, Harbor is easier on the feet but you'll be dealing with insane lines - but Mickey & Friends is easier for security?

I just checked some vlogs. Harbor apparently is no longer that bad, 1 minute easy, 5 minutes tops. I'd recommend Harbor haha

Reactions: JawsVictim
I just checked some vlogs. Harbor apparently is no longer that bad, 1 minute easy, 5 minutes tops. I'd recommend Harbor haha

Gotcha. I just saw the nightmare tweets showing insane lines situated around the bus loops 2 hours before opening. I'm down to get there early, but I don't want to deal with that kind of insanity.

Last time I went to Disney, it was before June 15 this year (so mask/pandemic rules were still in effect), but I believe the rationale for going to the Harbor gate at the time was that Mikey and Friends didn't even open up until an hour fifteen minutes before the park did, and was thus causing a huge traffic gridlock for all trying to get in early... while if you parked elsewhere, you were able to get in line for security a lot faster. It ended up having the effect that people needed to park 2-3 hours before the park even opened. It was insane.

Hopefully since then, things have changed. Is early morning traffic for M & F no longer gridlocking?

I went the 10th and got into the structure faster than ever. No traffic on Ball at the intersection prior to the bridge or the turn to get in. I went all the way right inside the structure and there was only ONE car in front of me. From the street to my parking spot was less than a song on my Spotify. This was around 8:05-8:15, if I remember correctly. After bathroom, security check, the walk, and very small line to get into DCA, I think it was 8:45 when I entered the park (my feet were hurting so I started walking slowly at one point, but without any stops and determination, I'm sure I could've been there by 8:30).
I also hear Pixar Pals is letting people directly into that structure these days too. I think traffic was greatly exaggerated or only that very first weekend.

The lines for the Harbor side were due to health screenings, which are no longer happening. They were also spaced with social distancing markers. First time we went we lined up at 7:45 AM and we’re in DL by 8:30 AM. Second time it took a little longer to get through. It only looked intimidating because of the protocols, but actually moved quickly.

I’d recommend Harbor just so you don’t have to deal with Disney parking shenanigans. I’m unsure if they’ve been letting people in early, but to not get to park until 8 AM would suck.

I went the 10th and got into the structure faster than ever. No traffic on Ball at the intersection prior to the bridge or the turn to get in. I went all the way right inside the structure and there was only ONE car in front of me. From the street to my parking spot was less than a song on my Spotify. This was around 8:05-8:15, if I remember correctly. After bathroom, security check, the walk, and very small line to get into DCA, I think it was 8:45 when I entered the park (my feet were hurting so I started walking slowly at one point, but without any stops and determination, I'm sure I could've been there by 8:30).
I also hear Pixar Pals is letting people directly into that structure these days too. I think traffic was greatly exaggerated or only that very first weekend.

I wonder if it was a staffing issue that has been causing issues all over the country.

Disney just announced a $250 3 single day passes and $300 bucks for 3 days park hoppers that can be used from now until the end of September

I'm very glad I waited now, I can for sure go a few times before the crowds hit again

Reactions: MrBlonde
Disney just announced a $250 3 single day passes and $300 bucks for 3 days park hoppers that can be used from now until the end of September

I'm very glad I waited now, I can for sure go a few times before the crowds hit again

Was about to post the same. With no more APs, is Disney struggling for day ticket guests during the summer? This is usually offered during the slower months from Jan-May, but summer? Business must be hurting.

California Resident Ticket Offer | Disneyland Resort (go.com)

Was about to post the same. With no more APs, is Disney struggling for day ticket guests during the summer? This is usually offered during the slower months from Jan-May, but summer? Business must be hurting.

I mean, I think many think the AP program is coming back so are waiting.

Why pay 150 now when it will be 500ish for a year if your local and 1,2000 for the REALLY hardcore fans

I'm very happy with this. Think I'll go twice to the parks "all day" then once in September when its rumored Fantasmic could be back for a chill night

It’s an OK discount, glad I waited though. If I wait a few more months then the annual passes/memberships might be released!
I really wonder what that looks like

This discount makes me thinks Disney "wants" APs (in no way do they need them but the CEO's need a new plane...or island) so I wonder if they will be like before or what I hope for...and have some big limits at similar prices as before.

- No FastPass
- No parades
- Minimal live entertainment
- No Fantastic/World of Color
- Can't park hop until 1pm
- Boarding Group lottery at the two new rides
- Restrictive reservation system with no guarantee that if a person purchase a multi-day ticket they'll be able to use all the days on their ticket within 13 days.

All this at full price.

Why would a tourist or someone coming out of state want to spend time at Disneyland right now?

- No FastPass
- No parades
- Restrictive reservation system with no guarantee that if a person purchase a multi-day ticket they'll be able to use all the days on their ticket within 13 days.

All this at full price.

Why would a tourist or someone coming out of state want to spend time at Disneyland right now?
You only get a 13 day period to use all 3?! That’s ridiculous

- No FastPass
- No parades

All this at full price.

Floridians who want a better Disney park.

I very nearly purchased my tickets yesterday, so color me thrilled. Picked this up and made my reservations. Had already planned on doing a 2-day trip in August, but now we get a "bonus" day for basically $30 in July. That'll hold me over until we learn more about the memberships.

Now, if I could just get some dining reservations...

- No FastPass
- No parades

All this at full price.

I will say my mom has been itching to go to Disneyland (she has settled on waiting until next year), but she also doesn't know all of this soooooo.... yeah.

- No FastPass
- No parades

All this at full price.

I'm still going but for less days than I normally would. All that entertainment would literally force me to add a day to my visit that I just don't need right now.