Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Scary Farm 2021

I'll be genuinely disappointed if they don't offer standalone Scary Farm passes this year. I typically spend a lot of time at Knott's Scary Farm during Halloween since it's a great place to hang out.
I can get it for this year

I think most nights will sell out...so they really dont need to have to offer those. I love them as well but I get this year why they might not do it

I'll be genuinely disappointed if they don't offer standalone Scary Farm passes this year. I typically spend a lot of time at Knott's Scary Farm during Halloween since it's a great place to hang out.

I think we will most likely see a limited time sale of them around their ticket announcement. I'm guessing they had to account for 2020 rollover passes and then around April they quietly went on sale for existing passholders. Assuming that most people probably didn't know they even went on sale and sold out, I think we will see them release more before the event starts. It's a great deal for guests and they will for sure sell so why not?

Has anyone heard about Elvira coming back? I had heard somewhere that she was supposed to come back for her 40th this year.

I have not heard this. I'd love to see her back for sure, but she made it pretty clear in 2017 that was her final year doing a big stage show like that.

"Don't post this anywhere"

*Proceeds to post this in public*
EXACTLY! If ur gonna drop insider info, maybe be comfortable with any repercussions of doing so
In the one new maze “news”, I wouldn’t be suprised if lodge becomes some type of show location, maybe for VR or something unique to this year. I strongly believe we WILL have 2 new mazes this year at least, as it would fall in line w/ previous years. I’m still betting that there will be a laser gun and/or flashlight maze, as the cleaning process would probably be not incredibly time destroying as you already have multiple cast members working each pick up and drop off point

EXACTLY! If ur gonna drop insider info, maybe be comfortable with any repercussions of doing so
In the one new maze “news”, I wouldn’t be suprised if lodge becomes some type of show location, maybe for VR or something unique to this year. I strongly believe we WILL have 2 new mazes this year at least, as it would fall in line w/ previous years. I’m still betting that there will be a laser gun and/or flashlight maze, as the cleaning process would probably be not incredibly time destroying as you already have multiple cast members working each pick up and drop off point
The only problem is you would have seen construction for that right about now. I don’t think there’s any action going on in that venue right now.

One new maze makes sense this year. They had already started building by the Xcellerator area last year and if they are truly still figuring things out with Mystery Lodge the focus may be there. I'd love two new mazes, but I'm taking any speculation I hear with a grain of salt. I will just be happy to have the event back in any way this year.

One new maze makes sense this year. They had already started building by the Xcellerator area last year and if they are truly still figuring things out with Mystery Lodge the focus may be there. I'd love two new mazes, but I'm taking any speculation I hear with a grain of salt. I will just be happy to have the event back in any way this year.
Maybe we'll get lucky and get the long rumored Paranormal Inc: Lights Out finally. Could be our second ""new"" maze, since it's probably the one that would benefit from changing up the most as is.

I haven't gone since 2018, so a lot of it will be brand new to me. With that said, I can't believe Paranormal Inc is STILL going to return. It's been at Haunt since 2015!

I can get it for this year

I think most nights will sell out...so they really dont need to have to offer those. I love them as well but I get this year why they might not do it
I think we will most likely see a limited time sale of them around their ticket announcement. I'm guessing they had to account for 2020 rollover passes and then around April they quietly went on sale for existing passholders. Assuming that most people probably didn't know they even went on sale and sold out, I think we will see them release more before the event starts. It's a great deal for guests and they will for sure sell so why not?

Yeah, I'm of two minds this year. I would totally understand if they didn't offer it again. It's been a difficult year and they could be could be over capacity or oversold. If that's the case, I don't begrudge them anything.

On the other hand, though, I feel like communication is more important than ever. My friend purchased a pass prior to the deadline with the Scary Farm add-on, and if Knott's had come out and said, "You need to have a Cedar Fair pass this year to experience unlimited Scary Farm," I would have ponied up with no question as the Scary Farm pass is easily worth twice what it costs. I get that it's a tough year and companies are trying to limit their liability, but it's tough for consumers to hit a moving target. So I certainly hope we get another shot!

At the end of the day, I'm happy to see a full event (or as close as they can get) regardless of how many times I attend. Knott's puts their heart and soul into the event and it shows every year, even when they have misfires. Dark Entities, which was a meh maze in year one, was plussed so much in year two that it became far more enjoyable. It's definitely time for Paranormal Inc. to go and I hope they have a worthy successor as it's a tough act to follow.

Yeah, I'm of two minds this year. I would totally understand if they didn't offer it again. It's been a difficult year and they could be could be over capacity or oversold. If that's the case, I don't begrudge them anything.

On the other hand, though, I feel like communication is more important than ever. My friend purchased a pass prior to the deadline with the Scary Farm add-on, and if Knott's had come out and said, "You need to have a Cedar Fair pass this year to experience unlimited Scary Farm," I would have ponied up with no question as the Scary Farm pass is easily worth twice what it costs. I get that it's a tough year and companies are trying to limit their liability, but it's tough for consumers to hit a moving target. So I certainly hope we get another shot!

At the end of the day, I'm happy to see a full event (or as close as they can get) regardless of how many times I attend. Knott's puts their heart and soul into the event and it shows every year, even when they have misfires. Dark Entities, which was a meh maze in year one, was plussed so much in year two that it became far more enjoyable. It's definitely time for Paranormal Inc. to go and I hope they have a worthy successor as it's a tough act to follow.
Thats fair

Im going to try and go with friends this year, mainly to support Knotts

They always try with these events liek you said..plus I got some free fun from last year from Knotts so the least I can do is support them

I haven't gone since 2018, so a lot of it will be brand new to me. With that said, I can't believe Paranormal Inc is STILL going to return. It's been at Haunt since 2015!
Already planning on skipping Scary Farm this year (was gonna skip last year, but alas) and honestly I love the idea of maybe taking few years off so the team can cycle through some new ideas. I really hit a wall in 2019 -- I could predict where every actor would be in the scare zones; felt like I was sleepwalking through Paranormal Inc./Special Ops/Dark Ride/Dark Entities because it's all gotten so familiar. Waiting until like 2023/2024 seems like a good idea because there might actually be four or five new mazes by then.

It looks like with no official announcement night this year, they are doing the weekly drip feed. Hopefully we get some ticketing and Scary Farm pass info soon.
Already planning on skipping Scary Farm this year (was gonna skip last year, but alas) and honestly I love the idea of maybe taking few years off so the team can cycle through some new ideas. I really hit a wall in 2019 -- I could predict where every actor would be in the scare zones; felt like I was sleepwalking through Paranormal Inc./Special Ops/Dark Ride/Dark Entities because it's all gotten so familiar. Waiting until like 2023/2024 seems like a good idea because there might actually be four or five new mazes by then.

You may be right about that! The rumor now is that this year is the last for Paranormal Inc and Pumpkineater. Depending on which mazes they decide to end in 2022 we'll probably have a pretty fresh lineup by 2023.

Definitely do it. I started doing every other year in 2012 after it got stale for me and it helped out my enjoyment of the event exponentially. Oddly, some mazes only last 2 years, so I never felt like I could be gone for too long. But even the repeats felt like old favorites after some time away. And it actually made me excited to go, when before it felt like a chore just knowing beforehand it would be awful. I used to LOVE KSF, but not as much as I love HHN now -- I could go to HHN multiple times a year and still enjoy it. Another huge factor for me was operations and service at KSF were always awful while HHN felt more organized. Even with the time away, crappy service at KSF didn't even bug me that much, or it genuinely has just gotten better, I can't tell.

I know many want new mazes...but I never got to do Shadowlands so would be very down for it to come back