Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

OI is reporting that Universal is no longer offering their dining plans. I for one, love this news, and hope it's permanent. Too often people with the dining plans hold up the food ordering and payment lines while they're trying to figure out what they're ordering, and what's allowable, for their group. With the long food lines that didn't help matters. Plus, I could never understand why guests bought the dining plans. The savings was very minimal, in most cases.

OI is reporting that Universal is no longer offering their dining plans. I for one, love this news, and hope it's permanent. Too often people with the dining plans hold up the food ordering and payment lines while they're trying to figure out what they're ordering, and what's allowable, for their group. With the long food lines that didn't help matters. Plus, I could never understand why guests bought the dining plans. The savings was very minimal, in most cases.

I only bought them when they were buy one get one half off during passholder appreciation a few years back. Couldn’t justify it without the additional discount.

It will be interesting to see how the parks react. Someone else on Twitter said Disney has started running ads with the guests wearing masks again, something they personally hadn’t seen in a while (can’t speak to it myself).

It will be interesting to see how the parks react. Someone else on Twitter said Disney has started running ads with the guests wearing masks again, something they personally hadn’t seen in a while (can’t speak to it myself).

All sorts of rumors out there -- until we have the text of the actual announcement, it's silly to try to make predictions.

I’m pretty sure here in NH I saw a Disney commercial with masks on guests, can’t 100% confirm as it didn’t phase me when I saw the commercial but now I’m wondering if I should’ve noticed more for this reason. I’ll keep an eye out, I watch ABC on Wednesday’s so tomorrow I’ll notice for sure.

This is something i've actually noticed myself and made comment of recently to some of my family. You rarely see Disney commercials where people aren't wearing face masks now unless it's a commercial with an outside sponsor (they have a few of those, one of which doesn't have masks in the commercial).

This is something i've actually noticed myself and made comment of recently to some of my family. You rarely see Disney commercials where people aren't wearing face masks now unless it's a commercial with an outside sponsor (they have a few of those, one of which doesn't have masks in the commercial).
The Universal ones still have them here and there

Universal actually did it a clever way where they are drawn on people's faces like a cartoon almost.

Regardless, I'm sure the parks do a whole lotta nothing...maybe more signage?

The Universal ones still have them here and there

Universal actually did it a clever way where they are drawn on people's faces like a cartoon almost.

Regardless, I'm sure the parks do a whole lotta nothing...maybe more signage?
With CDC guidance changing, I think indoor mask wearing may be required again, especially at places you are spending a significant amount of time in like food places. I guess we'll see if anything changes in the coming days.

the news last night mentioned Demings having an announcement today (Orange county Mayor). I do not think there is a lot he would be able to mandate, but I assume he would have talked to business leaders ahead of time so I assume if anything will change it would happen in the coming days.

With CDC guidance changing, I think indoor mask wearing may be required again, especially at places you are spending a significant amount of time in like food places. I guess we'll see if anything changes in the coming days.
I believe Kennedy Space Center's Visitor Complex just announced they are required indoors.

Luckily I'm vaccinated so I can use my vaccine card to practice my origami