Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Journey to Atlantis

That ride when it was first built rivaled Splash Mountain* and superseded Ripsaw Falls. Oh, what time leaves behind!

*obviously did not supersede Splash Mountain... like obviously
When everything was working it was better than Splash Mountain...had a better ending anyway...I rode it a year after opening for the first time...I thought it was the best water ride in Orlando at the time

Now it is "a" water ride in Orlando

I guess I've only rode the most recent version, which I absolutely loved. Now I'm off to youtube to try and find the original version.

SeaWorld has been drawing some BIG numbers for Seven Seas Food Festival this year. It has been crazy busy on the weekends and spring break was crowded on weekdays as well. The pricing strategy seems to be working drawing in locals with value tickets. The shops and restaurants have been doing big business as well, helping offset the ticket revenue with higher percap spending.

We know that as of at least February, 2018 attendance was beating 2017 attendance in both Orlando and San Diego.

I hope that we are at the beginning of a turnaround, it seems that way.

SeaWorld has been drawing some BIG numbers for Seven Seas Food Festival this year. It has been crazy busy on the weekends and spring break was crowded on weekdays as well. The pricing strategy seems to be working drawing in locals with value tickets. The shops and restaurants have been doing big business as well, helping offset the ticket revenue with higher percap spending.
Not going to lie, the festival is super interesting...and Sea World provides a cheaper option to some

We know that as of at least February, 2018 attendance was beating 2017 attendance in both Orlando and San Diego.

I hope that we are at the beginning of a turnaround, it seems that way.
Well that's certainly heartening to read. It does seem to be drawing some big crowds this year (and at the very least they can add ten or so visits from me lol), which is good because they really appear to be pulling out all the stops to bring guests in with all the new attractions, events, discounts, pass member perks, etc. All that's really left for them to try is building a fourth gate and a resort... And, of course, fixing Journey to Atlantis.

Well that's certainly heartening to read. It does seem to be drawing some big crowds this year (and at the very least they can add ten or so visits from me lol), which is good because they really appear to be pulling out all the stops to bring guests in with all the new attractions, events, discounts, pass member perks, etc. All that's really left for them to try is building a fourth gate and a resort... And, of course, fixing Journey to Atlantis.

I think the need to add at least Friday to the Food thingy. We were there on a Tues during Spring Break before we flew back and it was as busy as the Sat we went to to get the Food fest in. They may need to do it every day for the two busiest weeks and add a Wed. nite act those two weeks. And for gosh sake come up with something for the dad gum lake beside floating Christmas trees.

Can I just bump this old thread to say that I guess they never did anything?

I forgot about this, and was suddenly down the rabbit hole on YouTube and watched a video from March. The siren still sits above in the dark, and the entire attraction is still still in this “b-mode” state.

Of course I am sure Covid has delayed any further changes even more... but people were saying it was planned back in 2018...

Oh how I hope they one day return this ride to former glory.

Can I just bump this old thread to say that I guess they never did anything?

I forgot about this, and was suddenly down the rabbit hole on YouTube and watched a video from March. The siren still sits above in the dark, and the entire attraction is still still in this “b-mode” state.

Of course I am sure Covid has delayed any further changes even more... but people were saying it was planned back in 2018...

Oh how I hope they one day return this ride to former glory.
They pretty much canceled all the changes they were going to make post Kraken: Unleashed.

They pretty much canceled all the changes they were going to make post Kraken: Unleashed.
Largely thanks to Kraken: Unleashed tanking iirc. The sad thing to me is that it really would not take a lot to give the attraction a new cohesive story. Heck, I'd probably be able to do it myself for a grand or so considering how many screens are present in the attraction. New screen and audio content, plus removing/properly covering the overhead siren would be good with me.

Largely thanks to Kraken: Unleashed tanking iirc. The sad thing to me is that it really would not take a lot to give the attraction a new cohesive story. Heck, I'd probably be able to do it myself for a grand or so considering how many screens are present in the attraction. New screen and audio content, plus removing/properly covering the overhead siren would be good with me.
She sits in the dark... waiting

If this is to be believed, we could be seeing a JTA retrack soon. Would be nice to fit in with the new Kraken paint. Maybe we see a theming complete removal or completely redone story. I know SEAS has stayed away from story-driven stuff lately, but given the remodeling of Shark Encounter, multiple theaters, and more, perhaps this could be a substantial refurb? Deep Blue Creative needs a challenge: make this ride cohesive!

If this is to be believed, we could be seeing a JTA retrack soon. Would be nice to fit in with the new Kraken paint. Maybe we see a theming complete removal or completely redone story. I know SEAS has stayed away from story-driven stuff lately, but given the remodeling of Shark Encounter, multiple theaters, and more, perhaps this could be a substantial refurb? Deep Blue Creative needs a challenge: make this ride cohesive!

Repainting Kraken and Manta, re-tacking Journey, constant upgrades

They are really fixing up the place

Please Lord. This ride needs a miracle.