Knott's Berry Farm | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^What other integration is there? This park sply does not have much else to work with in terms of space, city approval and neighboring approval.

Maybe a slighter smaller coaster where the giga was or similar behind the park but not hugging the smae areas.

Or as others have proposed you could enter past the ghostrider area where the furthest food stands are for festivals and basically go behind Ghost and go toward/use up some of the market place parking, you could turn left and up toward the entrance and back. Or turn right and hug beach toward crescent and turn around and go back. Im sure this isnt the only acceptable option. With money and will, there is a way.

Crude but you have this area to play with

IMG_9120.jpg

Personally in my dreams with unlimited money Id take that main Blue area the parking lot and build a real nice Knotts resort hotel, tear down the old one and now you have more backstage room and could expand the park

I saw some recreations on you tube based on the leaked lay out...and yikes. As much as a want a B&M hyper on the west coast, is that short, super basic layout even worth the trouble?

We are forever doomed to Goliath as our only hyper representative.

Reactions: JaySalahi and Freak
There's one big potential hinderance to this new layout I'm surprised no one is talking about: Will Buena Park even allow them to shut down their busiest road for months to let Knott's build a tunnel for their roller coaster?
I saw some recreations on you tube based on the leaked lay out...and yikes. As much as a want a B&M hyper on the west coast, is that short, super basic layout even worth the trouble?

We are forever doomed to Goliath as our only hyper representative.
Yeah....as much as I want a B&M megacoaster and even willing to settle for a hyper, it looks like it may have some airtime unlike Goliath.....but man, this is the second worst case scenario for a B&M right here. The absolute worst case is having the B&M roar through Ghost Town. They really couldn't get the city to let them build that giga with sound walls like that coaster at Europa Park at least?

Also, how do we even know these leaks are legit?

There's one big potential hinderance to this new layout I'm surprised no one is talking about: Will Buena Park even allow them to shut down their busiest road for months to let Knott's build a tunnel for their roller coaster?

Yeah....as much as I want a B&M megacoaster and even willing to settle for a hyper, it looks like it may have some airtime unlike Goliath.....but man, this is the second worst case scenario for a B&M right here. The absolute worst case is having the B&M roar through Ghost Town. They really couldn't get the city to let them build that giga with sound walls like that coaster at Europa Park at least?

Also, how do we even know these leaks are legit?

LOL, part of me wishes this leak was a decoy, to throw leakers and bloggers off the real coaster. But that seems unlikely <sigh>

Reactions: Water Bottle
1652923391045.jpeg
Interesting developments, multiple tweets coming from the City of Buena Park replying to a few people they are not aware of any Knott’s expansion, giga, or hyper coaster.

Last edited:
Looks like there’s a good possibility those plans were faked.

Again, do your really think the city is going to let Knotts shut down Beach Blvd, one of their busiest streets, to build a coaster underneath it?

View attachment 16363
Interesting developments, multiple tweets coming from the City of Buena Park replying to a few people they are not aware of any Knott’s expansion, giga, or hyper coaster.

Oh Lord...why are people bothering the city with this nonsense. Are people that desperate? It's not like their going to say, "yes, we are well aware of Knott's coaster plans, and we're so excited"! LOL

Not related to the coaster thing but I thought it's worth mentioning the website now says they're hiring 16 year olds. It's been strictly 18+ for a while as far as I know. I saw this listed on the "Show Supervisor" position.

My thoughts on this are probably going to be unpopular at least amongst the coaster fans, but I don't know if this is right move for Knott's anyway. I've said this before but these plans feel really mid-2000's Cedar Fair treating Knott's like it's other parks. Aside from operations I think the last couple of years have been an improvement for the park overall, I just wish they could find a sweet spot between basic flat ride and roller coaster if they are going to build something new. Bear-y Tales is close, but since that was essentially just a re-skin of the previous ride that was generally not received well it still falls a little short for me.

Sort of echoing @JaySalahi but if they could find a way to utilize the Marketplace side for something like this, I guess it would be the best option. Personally, I'd love to see them focus more on improving the things they have inside the park in the future - starting with their operations.

It also seems like the city has doubled down on not knowing anything about this, so take that how you will.

Reactions: MikePat
A Peanuts Dark ride.....I don't get how we still don't have one.

Think if done right will draw in lots of people, especially if you make it with the intention of letting it have different themes through out the year...like the great pumpkin at Halloween, Christmas....summer etc

Do any Cedar Fair parks have a dark ride? The closest I can think of is a Boo Blasters ride at Kings Island.

I know a few Cedar Fair parks used to have them (Phantom Theater, the Pirate/Earthquake ride at Cedar Point), but they've all mostly been removed. They don't seem to show any real interest in dark rides unless it's a shooting-style ride. Which is a pity, because even Six Flags has a few dark rides (The new Pirates ride at SFOT, and Phantom Manor at SFOG)

I feel like this coaster is a direct response to the horrid Ghostrider capacity issue. One that they tried to fix with Hang Time, but didn't realize that one of the things that makes Ghostrider so popular is that it's thrilling without going upside down.

Do any Cedar Fair parks have a dark ride? The closest I can think of is a Boo Blasters ride at Kings Island.

I know a few Cedar Fair parks used to have them (Phantom Theater, the Pirate/Earthquake ride at Cedar Point), but they've all mostly been removed. They don't seem to show any real interest in dark rides unless it's a shooting-style ride. Which is a pity, because even Six Flags has a few dark rides (The new Pirates ride at SFOT, and Phantom Manor at SFOG)

Cedar Fair stated they were originally planning on adding a dark ride to every park with Triotech around 2014. They kind of stopped this plan after mixed reception, wish stinks because the next park I think they were adding a Dark Ride for was Cedar Point.

Lot of vloggers here tonight. Ran into a few of them for the first time, including our very own @Dustin (That was me that asked if you were on Inside Universal), Mondo, Dylan and even JP. That is all...

There already is one in SoCal, problem is you gotta drive almost two hours down the 5 to ride it
Dude, Manta and Maverick are two completely different coasters.

I’d be down for a Maverick style coaster, only problem is CF and Intamin aren’t on great terms. A more ideal replacement for Xcellerator would be something like I-Speed at Mirabalandia Italy. Problem is, again, Intamin.

Though I’d prefer it not replace Xcellerator, I would like to see some form of Copperhead Strike come to Knotts. That ride almost looks like it was meant for this park.

There already is one in SoCal, problem is you gotta drive almost two hours down the 5 to ride it

Manta looks fun but too kiddie. No violent airtime drop at the start, inversions, or awesome 70 mph launch :(

I’d be down for a Maverick style coaster, only problem is CF and Intamin aren’t on great terms. A more ideal replacement for Xcellerator would be something like I-Speed at Mirabalandia Italy. Problem is, again, Intamin.

What happened between them?

And if Knotts did something like Maverick, it would be a pale imitation I'm afraid. Like everything else that's comes to the West Coast, we get stiffed on the length (due to space issues), airtime ( we get a bunch of twists and turns instead) and scale (again, due to space).