Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Man, that came up out of nowhere!
Universal is really trying to cement their territory.

I’m pretty excited to see more people around the The States viewing new experiences from Universal.
This isn’t just deadly for Texas competition, it’s for everyone in the industry as this will create more exposure to Universal parks and will build more loyal customers in the long run.

Reactions: tielo
On second thought, Madagascar probably won't make it in. It's not a huge thing on the level of Minions/Kung Fu Panda/HTTYD. So that won't be here.
Madagascar is about on par in terms of overall size. Madagascar 3 is one of DreamWorks highest grossing movies. I'd actually argue its bigger than Dragons, but Dragons is easier to incorporate into theme parks because the nature of the IP. It also has a far more dedicated fanbase.

On second thought, Madagascar probably won't make it in. It's not a huge thing on the level of Minions/Kung Fu Panda/HTTYD. So that won't be here.

Agreed. Meet & greets make sense, but I don't see them building out a whole area based on Madagascar > Minions.

I’m going to compartmentalize this project, and tell myself that it has no bearing on anything happening in Florida.

But I’d be lying if I said my first gut reaction wasn’t that I’d prefer if Universal spent the resources and time they’re going to apply to this on a California Adventure style overhaul at Universal Studios Florida.
I admire your commitment to the bit. Please never change.

I love this, we so rarely get new parks. I don't care if its smallish, if this does well we could see more mini parks and im sure Universal would invest more in the mini parks that are doing well.

Gives me hope as well that maybe....maybe we can have a fully mini Nintendoland somewhere.

This is just great news could also push Disney to do the same or other parks try this as well. What a great way to start the year

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
For anyone interested, here's a link to the video I mentioned that included Minions and Secret Life of Pets...

Rn, I'm going to just say they showed those IP for demonstration purposes. I feel like it'll be all DreamWorks because it'll be easier to market. If you make it a combo of Illumination and DreamWorks, you'll have to call the park something something Universal (or they could just not use Universal branding at all and just use a generic name, but I don't think that's going to happen). I dont think they should use the Universal branding, as separate branding will make sure people know this is its own separate thing.

Reactions: salismetho