Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What do you guys think about this ?

That's exactly what they'll be doing. It's cheaper and easier than maintaining AAs (which they don't do very well anymore), and they spent OLC money to develop it and now can clone it for their company owned parks. Fits the current Disney Imagineering MO perfectly.

I don't want to lose the AA's, but i'm fully expecting to lose them. I say that not to let them off the hook, but to prepare myself to not be letdown when the ride reopens mostly as a screen based attraction since i'm already expecting it based on the current direction of the company.
Tiana will be an AA, a la Belle from Tokyo is my guess and it’ll mostly be other stuff like what we see here for Pan.
That's exactly what they'll be doing. It's cheaper and easier than maintaining AAs (which they don't do very well anymore), and they spent OLC money to develop it and now can clone it for their company owned parks. Fits the current Disney Imagineering MO perfectly.

If that’s what happens, then in the words of the legendary Saul Goodman...
tumblr_lqptqk1F6i1qhtqtjo1_500.gif

Reactions: Cwoolboy
If that’s what happens, then in the words of the legendary Saul Goodman...
tumblr_lqptqk1F6i1qhtqtjo1_500.gif
I think it will be just OK. It's probably going to be screen reliant. I doubt it will equal how great the Splash ride has been, just about a perfect Disney family attraction combination of tons of AA's, fun entertaining story, excellent music. Disney imagineering just doesn't do that kind of stuff anymore. Great does not always happen.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
We’ve known since they first announced that this was a new story, taking place after the first film.

Facilier not being involved is not a surprise.

This does not mean the “Friends from the other side” won’t be present.

We’ve known since they first announced that this was a new story, taking place after the first film.

Facilier not being involved is not a surprise.

This does not mean the “Friends from the other side” won’t be present.
I still feel like you should get Keith David for your ride because he's Keith David, continuity and magical rules be damned.

Reactions: belloq87
I'll be highly disappointed if we have to sacrifice a bunch of AAs and animated figures for stuff like that.
I'm expecting Navi River Journey in a bayou tbh...or perhaps something similar to the Alice redo at DL

There will probably be a few AAs..and the proverbial "super-mega-ultra-most-amazing-thing-to-ever-be-created" fluid AA

But overall a lot of projection

Reactions: Clive

Assuming most of the ride is going to be scenes like this, and assuming the characters we're seeing there are actual figures, this is promising for the rest of the ride.

Disney is finally going through with it after two and a half years. Didn't think it would take them this long.

I think it's a little shady that they're deliberately holding off on the closure date for DL's. Watch it be on the day right before Runaway Railway opens so they can get more people in the park before the ride opens. That would be such a Disney move. I expect them to announce it very last-minute.

Also wondering if the scenes are going to be designed exactly the same as each other as both have different kind of boats. Will they design scenes tailored for each version or will they try to design it to have the same scenes but for the size of the version (If that makes any sense)?

It really feels like they're going to over-design this. Glad to see a fair amount of AAs in that image, though.

And yeah, there'll have to be slightly different sequencing for the two ride paths.

Disney is finally going through with it after two and a half years. Didn't think it would take them this long.

I don't think they had everything thought out when they announced it, just kind of a rough idea. The figured it would quiet critics to announce it, and they weren't ready to close it and lose the capacity until Tron was ready to open as well.

Reactions: soma27
I don't think they had everything thought out when they announced it, just kind of a rough idea. The figured it would quiet critics to announce it, and they weren't ready to close it and lose the capacity until Tron was ready to open as well.
Yup, it was very similar to when they announced Pandora from what it seemed like when it was announced.

I’m at MK right now waiting in line to ride Splash one last time. It’s 62 degrees out and the line had a 85 minute wait when I got in and that seems to be an underestimation based on how little I’ve moved so far.

I’ll wait though just to ride it as Splash one last time. I’m definitely not coming tomorrow to try when it will be way worse due to it being the final day.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I’m at MK right now waiting in line to ride Splash one last time. It’s 62 degrees out and the line had a 85 minute wait when I got in and that seems to be an underestimation based on how little I’ve moved so far.

I’ll wait though just to ride it as Splash one last time. I’m definitely not coming tomorrow to try when it will be way worse due to it being the final day.
Quick, buy a lightning lane......

Quick, buy a lightning lane......
I ended up getting on the ride at the absolute perfect time. Saw the fireworks finale while up on the ride. Probably the best memory I could’ve hoped for for my last time.

Took some pictures and gave out some Cast Compliments to some CMs that were going above and beyond, specifically to one of the CMs taking pics of almost every family in line in front of the Splash sign when that’s not her job.