The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 142 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ohh. Then at the simplest level of the argument, you are upset PF closed, others are not. That makes sense.
That's not really accurate at all, since I've posted repeatedly that PF was a waste of a fantastic facade. If that closure happened in a vacuum, great! At the simplest level of the argument, I'm critical of the massive cuts in entertainment across the resort, of which PF is the most recent example (I guess it isn't, since the news about the Potter light show came shortly afterwards, but that kind of reinforces my point).

Reactions: Mad Dog
I wonder if they would KIdzone this and double dip on some Nintendo stuff

For instance, front half Zelda and back half Kirby

I really would love to see DreamLand come to UO somewhere, IOA could be a good fit
It would probably be flipped if that was the case. Kirby in the front, Zelda in the back. But I doubt Nintendo would allow that to happen.

I wonder if they would KIdzone this and double dip on some Nintendo stuff

For instance, front half Zelda and back half Kirby

I really would love to see DreamLand come to UO somewhere, IOA could be a good fit
I doubt it.

I could see a KidZone-esque multi Nintendo land coming in the small plot next to it in EU tho. Some Kirby, Animal Crossing, maybe Splatoon

Let's really take a look at the facts.... since 2017:

Added several street shows around the parks (including Marilyn and the Diamond Bellas, Beat Builders, and more recently Vamos Bailalo)
Improved Meet & Greets, with special event-themed characters and random original character interactions
T2 for Bourne
Beetlejuice for F&F
Sindbad - #cutz
FFL - From COVID casualty to planned Potter Expansion that got cut.
Parade - Redoing for future, major wear and tear on floats, needed replacing
Lagoon Show - Redoing for future, sustained damage from Ian
Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts - Redoing for future, sustained damage from Ian
Barney for DreamWorks Destination for Rumored New DreamWorks Show
Poseidon's Fury - plumbing issues plus other maintenance issues for the low-attended show caused an earlier demise for a rumored new attraction.

That's a net loss of 2; and despite falling into the "entertainment" category, FFL, BJ, and Sindbad shows weren't exactly needle movers.

And I won't even mention the growth of their Special Events, which include loads of entertainment, including creating 6 new floats a year for Mardi Gras.

You don't have to like what's coming but to keep pushing this "massive cuts" talking point is patently untrue.

This is the last I hope we talk about the entertainment talking point on this thread. If you wanna keep it going, take it elsewhere. Until then, let's keep this strictly on PF and its future.

In 2021 when people thought nothing new would be added between VelociCoaster and Epic (or that Epic was canceled) would be ecstatic over Shrek, KidZone, and PF being replaced in addition to new entertainment.
Universal charges a lot of money the expectation is they will build more than just at their new park when they have 2 other parks already.

Last edited:
Let's really take a look at the facts.... since 2017:

Added several street shows around the parks (including Marilyn and the Diamond Bellas, Beat Builders, and more recently Vamos Bailalo)
Improved Meet & Greets, with special event-themed characters and random original character interactions
T2 for Bourne
Beetlejuice for F&F
Sindbad - #cutz
FFL - From COVID casualty to planned Potter Expansion that got cut.
Parade - Redoing for future, major wear and tear on floats, needed replacing
Lagoon Show - Redoing for future, sustained damage from Ian
Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts - Redoing for future, sustained damage from Ian
Barney for DreamWorks Destination for Rumored New DreamWorks Show
Poseidon's Fury - plumbing issues plus other maintenance issues for the low-attended show caused an earlier demise for a rumored new attraction.

That's a net loss of 2; and despite falling into the "entertainment" category, FFL, BJ, and Sindbad shows weren't exactly needle movers.

And I won't even mention the growth of their Special Events, which include loads of entertainment, including creating 6 new floats a year for Mardi Gras.

You don't have to like what's coming but to keep pushing this "massive cuts" talking point is patently untrue.

This is the last I hope we talk about the entertainment talking point on this thread. If you wanna keep it going, take it elsewhere. Until then, let's keep this strictly on PF and its future.
In catching up I was going to reply with the street shows, but there’s more you didn’t even list. I’m impressed how New York always has a show running now with barely any gap between: Bella’s, Beat Builders, Blues Brothers, Vamos, and Sing it all play back to back. Used to be they only had this many when they had a closed ride, like the flying fish in front of Supercharged. Now it’s always.

Anyway, sorry for adding to the problem in this thread lol

Zelda fans, I’m curious what kind of attractions you would like in a land. I know nothing about the IP (I still don’t understand how the game is called Zelda and the main character is Link lol).

Would Zelda make a good show - like the puzzle theater concept, or would you prefer a more traditional ride?

Zelda fans, I’m curious what kind of attractions you would like in a land. I know nothing about the IP (I still don’t understand how the game is called Zelda and the main character is Link lol).

Would Zelda make a good show - like the puzzle theater concept, or would you prefer a more traditional ride?

A village with shops / food / townspeople and an indoor water ride.

They’re currently building a new ride and new kids land in Universal Studios Florida.
I actually think the same thing. If Zelda goes to islands and Pokemon goes to studios, I could see a multi Nintendo IP land. It would probably be Kirby, Animal Crossing and then maybe a Smash Bros ride that helps divide the two lands. Though it could just be more Mario haha (Galaxy or Luigi's mansion)

The flying boat ride patent themed to Wind-waker would be my dream.

A people mover-style (or a Kuka arm) attraction where you are placed into one of the robot things from the last game would also work.

Reactions: Nico
Correct. The last plans I had heard were going to do the KidZone in phases, and over time, but like I said, all plans got shook up and it looks like rather than waiting they’re doing it all at once now to have something new for 2024. But also, it’s smart to modernize the kid area ahead of Epic opening, because it’s one thing that’s been lacking at Studios.
Aren't there plans to add some sort of dark ride that uses the SLOP ride system as phase 2? Or has than been changed to a new type of ride system? Depending on the box office reception for Shrek 5 I would like to see Shrek be the DW IP that gets the ride for phase 2. Or if they are feeling really ambitious they can build a fleshed out Far Far Away land in either the area where the spring tents are or take over Springfield and Simpsons
And there’s a rumor for one of the expansion pads out there. I personally don’t want to believe it, but it’s out there.
What IP is rumored and why don't you want to believe it? Not up to snuff with the rest of EU?

I would like to see a Shrine from BotW along the lagoon which would add a fun element at night. Also a Guardian figure that would occasionally awaken and menace guests.

A next gen boat ride would certainly add variety to Universal’s offerings.

ETA: a Bobgoblin encampment between Zelda and Suess (by the bridge) would be a fun element