Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Your allocation of points to optimize your blaster is absolutely related to how much and how well you play, yes.

There will also be badges or trophies or stamps to earn, whatever they end up calling them.
Powerful reride/replay-ability.
Worth it to make 2nd and 3rd runs per trip then.

Reactions: tankart150
I like the idea of having your blaster managed on the app. A wand is very easy to tuck away into luggage and bring back to the parks but I can't imagine people trying to pack blaster or bringing them back.

Not having to download an additional app is also great as more people are more likely to use it. Would it have the functionality of adding friends and family for scoreboards? I would definitely swing by a little more often if it did.

There will always be like a 100 to 120 people on the ride at any given moment, but without knowing the ride time or step on interval in seconds I’m not sure the capacity hourly. But someone will be stepping off to exit and another stepping on to start like every couple seconds I imagine.
Now I really want them to reuse the same moving walkway spiel that's used near the parking garages. Or have a minion redo it as an easter egg for people who catch it.

It sounds like it'll be a simple step on and off you go thing. It's not going fast enough to require a smaller conveyor belt to get up to speed like on FJ or Hagrid's.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
VCMB sounds like it wasn't too expensive to throw together. @Alicia said on her recent video/podcast that if VCMB is the sleeper hit people now think it could be, it could very well get cloned to other Universal parks. Now that Minion Mayhem and Pets at USH are now classified as being in "Minions Land" this could go in the building next to Pets and in Japan this could be a contender to replace the now officially departed Backdraft.

The new Minion Land sign was installed today at Universal Studios Florida.

VCMB sounds like it wasn't too expensive to throw together. @Alicia said on her recent video/podcast that if VCMB is the sleeper hit people now think it could be, it could very well get cloned to other Universal parks. Now that Minion Mayhem and Pets at USH are now classified as being in "Minions Land" this could go in the building next to Pets and in Japan this could be a contender to replace the now officially departed Backdraft.

Is the building next to Pets the old Walking Dead Attraction?

To be fair, I said even if it isn’t a hit lol

In another time and place....I would have so preferred Minions/Despicable Me to take over Springfield and get a fully fleshed out world. That being said....Minions are a crowd pleaser and will definitely be impactful as you enter USF. How can you look at that Minion signage and not smile?

Minion Watch has begun.

Looks decent. As I've said before, I don't have much of an issue with the soundstage building for the actual attraction. It takes place in a Convention Hall and many of the medium/small Convention Centers are just box buildings for the most part, so it kinda fits. And, I'm pleasantly pleased with the facades for the restaurant/food buildings. Too early for what the attraction will be like, but I'm OK with what Universal has done at this point in time. Better than I expected.

Reactions: frank_1991_
Minion Watch has begun.

The restaurant/meet and greet part that is still in development looks great. The former Shrek building looks garbage. Purple walls, posters and some cut-outs for photo-ops (who the hell wants a photo next to a cutout anyway?!) is a huge abuse for one of Universals successful ip's. It is cheap, it looks cheap and it's what stands out after you bought a very expensive entrance ticket. It's horrible!
Lets hope the inside improves a 1 trillion times....