Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If SNW Hollywood ever has a scarezone, should they borrow the MSHI HHN concept that the villains take over the area? Minus the gore though, which we all know because Marvel was unhappy with Universal with the IOA Marvel scarezone back in 2002, but it would be at least a nice come back. Either Ganondorf of Bowser taking over SNW after defeating Mario and his friends/allies from other Nintendo-made games.
Assuming by your picture you know Nintendo...they don't let you send normal friend requests online because of kids...I highly doubt they want to be associated with HHN
For normal days could we see them have Bowser and his gang come out? Sure but no way its apart of HHN..sadly

Reactions: londonwerecat
If SNW Hollywood ever has a scarezone, should they borrow the MSHI HHN concept that the villains take over the area? Minus the gore though, which we all know because Marvel was unhappy with Universal with the IOA Marvel scarezone back in 2002, but it would be at least a nice come back. Either Ganondorf of Bowser taking over SNW after defeating Mario and his friends/allies from other Nintendo-made games.
0 chance there would ever be a scarezone in the area. I could see a Halloween overlay for the interactive areas though, maybe where the final boss in King Boo or something

I'm not saying it should be like scary and stuff, but more like a Nintendo kid-friendly version of "Island under Siege" kind of thing, and have a meet and greet kind of thing with Mario and others in Halloween-like costumers of their respective games past to present.

I'm not saying it should be like scary and stuff, but more like a Nintendo kid-friendly version of "Island under Siege" kind of thing, and have a meet and greet kind of thing with Mario and others in Halloween-like costumers of their respective games past to present.
That's not really a Horror Nights thing though. Sounds like something more suited for regular operation for the kids

If SNW does anything halloween related--it will have no connection and no importance with HHN at all. Could we see the land open during the Hollywood event? Unlike Pets, I'd actually venture more in the likely territory, as its a case of where the teen/YA audiences connect with Nintendo.

I'd expect it more like how Hogsmeade Osaka decorated their land for Halloween. But more subdued than anything.

If SNW does anything halloween related--it will have no connection and no importance with HHN at all. Could we see the land open during the Hollywood event? Unlike Pets, I'd actually venture more in the likely territory, as its a case of where the teen/YA audiences connect with Nintendo.

I'd expect it more like how Hogsmeade Osaka decorated their land for Halloween. But more subdued than anything.

It's not importance though, but about what being's special. It would be tiring and repetitive if SNW characters wear Halloween-like costumes every normal day and as such, SNW Halloween/Horror costumes would lose their meaning everytime HHN arrives and would be no different. Better to save them on an important occasion, like HHN.

As for SNW might be actually opening for HHN? I think given the fact most people of all ages would die to go to Nintendo, the land might be open but similar to to Boovile rather than the gory Island Under Siege at HHN 2002.

It's not importance though, but about what being's special. It would be tiring and repetitive if SNW characters wear Halloween-like costumes every normal day and as such, SNW Halloween/Horror costumes would lose their meaning everytime HHN arrives and would be no different. Better to save them on an important occasion, like HHN.

As for SNW might be actually opening for HHN? I think given the fact most people of all ages would die to go to Nintendo, the land might be open but similar to to Boovile rather than the gory Island Under Siege at HHN 2002.

..I..I legitimately do not see how it'd be boring to see Mario, Luigi, and Peach get Halloween specific costumes--similar to what Hello Kitty, Spongebob and Patrick all get. If anything--it'd be a nice change that'd make sense given the Mario series having multiple costumes for Mario to wear. Mario Odyssey comes to mind real quick on how they went all in on that front.

As far as them doing a "Booville" like zone--Mario is not the type of IP with Nintendo that would make any sense to do something like that.

If anything Halloween oriented for SNW is done--it's done during the daytime ops. Not during the event.

..I..I legitimately do not see how it'd be boring to see Mario, Luigi, and Peach get Halloween specific costumes--similar to what Hello Kitty, Spongebob and Patrick all get. If anything--it'd be a nice change that'd make sense given the Mario series having multiple costumes for Mario to wear. Mario Odyssey comes to mind real quick on how they went all in on that front.

As far as them doing a "Booville" like zone--Mario is not the type of IP with Nintendo that would make any sense to do something like that.

If anything Halloween oriented for SNW is done--it's done during the daytime ops. Not during the event.

I do not see how this would be really done during daytime ops, especially if it's on the HHN days. I don't even think Nintendo and/or Universal would do this just to deviate such costumes into something non-important everyime a special occasion arrives. I really don't see them doing that as possible in real life, and honestly, I can't think of any horror-like costumes used for daytime ops at Universal Studios theme parks in general.

I honestly don't think Nintendo would be willing to use SNW for HHN at all; if Marvel didn't like how its IPs were treated during HHN, I think Nintendo will absolutely hate it. The level of scares HHN sets the bar for is something Nintendo wouldn't touch with a 39 1/2 ft pole. Knowing how protective Nintendo can be about their IPs, Halloween events/decorations/costumes for the characters during regular hours would be as far as Nintendo would let them go, and if anything to the tune of Luigi's Mansion were to happen, it would happen during that time frame of the day.

Unlike Wizarding World, which has HHN potential with the Death Eaters like we saw in Osaka, I don't see SNW opening during an HHN event at all. Even with that teen/YA audience that connects with Nintendo as well, as far as we know, Mario and DK are not IPs Nintendo would let Universal venture into the horror genre with. But that's not to say a Halloween SNW event in the daytime wouldn't be special; in fact, that idea alone would be special enough. There's definitely potential for a daytime Nintendo-themed Halloween event. Nintendo is a brand that appeals to all ages, and I'm confident they can come up with something awesome in that regard during regular hours. But for HHN? Forget it, not happening.

Last edited:
The only Halloween type event Nintendo would do would be during the day when the park has trick or treating

I honestly don't think Nintendo would be willing to use SNW for HHN at all; if Marvel didn't like how its IPs were treated during HHN, I think Nintendo will absolutely hate it. The level of scares HHN sets the bar for is something Nintendo wouldn't touch with a 39 1/2 ft pole. Knowing how protective Nintendo can be about their IPs, Halloween events/decorations/costumes for the characters during regular hours would be as far as Nintendo would let them go, and if anything to the tune of Luigi's Mansion were to happen, it would happen during that time frame of the day.

Unlike Wizarding World, which has HHN potential with the Death Eaters like we saw in Osaka, I don't see SNW opening during an HHN event at all. Even with that teen/YA audience that connects with Nintendo as well, as far as we know, Mario and DK are not IPs Nintendo would let Universal venture into the horror genre with. But that's not to say a Halloween SNW event in the daytime wouldn't be special; in fact, that idea alone would be special enough. There's definitely potential for a daytime Nintendo-themed Halloween event. Nintendo is a brand that appeals to all ages, and I'm confident they can come up with something awesome in that regard during regular hours. But for HHN? Forget it, not happening.

Honestly--while I do think that the land may have the chance of being "open" and that's it for HHN, I do agree that I do not see a Booville or Heroes Under Seige reality for this land to be used that way.

I can see Mario Kart open--as it's a high capacity dark ride in an area of the park that has all of the rides open. But that'd be it.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Honestly--while I do think that the land may have the chance of being "open" and that's it for HHN, I do agree that I do not see a Booville or Heroes Under Seige reality for this land to be used that way.

I can see Mario Kart open--as it's a high capacity dark ride in an area of the park that has all of the rides open. But that'd be it.
Mario Kart will almost surely be open

Mario Kart will almost surely be open

Considering how in all the years--HHN Hollywood has not had the attractions closed in the Lower Lot, it'd make complete sense for Mario Kart to be open.

It's an IP that all ages--including adults and young teenagers love, it's high capacity and should actually help get people out of the queues, and be something that can run with little or no issues for the event. I don't see it being an FJ dilemma.

As far as I know (but this was based on initial rumbling so this info may be very outdated), Nintendo does have plans for seasonal events which include costumes, activities, streetmosphere, etc. Wintertime will supposedly be where the seasonal festivities strive. I imagine Halloween being cute if anything.

Also I'm willing to bet SNW is open for HHN.

Can you clarify what you mean by this? I get that you’re saying that they should exclusively wear the costumes during HHN, but... why?

What’s the difference between HHN and just the general Halloween season? The costumes can’t really “lose their meaning” every time HHN rolls around when the only time of the year they’d be wearing the costumes is HHN season anyway... I don’t understand why it would be “tiring and repetitive” for the characters to wear their Halloween costumes during the day and then again at night, especially considering the majority of guests during the day — particularly young kids and families — are never going to see the costumes if they’re relegated exclusively to HHN.

Plus, it’s not like we’re going to see zombie Mario or Princess Peach as a go-go dancer or a radioactive Bowser with a chainsaw chasing guests during HHN; the costumes, if they do theme them for the season, are going to be cutesy and in line with the Nintendo brand, so why deny the target audience from getting to see the costumes during the day?

Can you clarify what you mean by this? I get that you’re saying that they should exclusively wear the costumes during HHN, but... why?

What’s the difference between HHN and just the general Halloween season? The costumes can’t really “lose their meaning” every time HHN rolls around when the only time of the year they’d be wearing the costumes is HHN season anyway... I don’t understand why it would be “tiring and repetitive” for the characters to wear their Halloween costumes during the day and then again at night, especially considering the majority of guests during the day — particularly young kids and families — are never going to see the costumes if they’re relegated exclusively to HHN.

Plus, it’s not like we’re going to see zombie Mario or Princess Peach as a go-go dancer or a radioactive Bowser with a chainsaw chasing guests during HHN; the costumes, if they do theme them for the season, are going to be cutesy and in line with the Nintendo brand, so why deny the target audience from getting to see the costumes during the day?

Because realistically, I still don't see Nintendo characters dressing up for Halloween especially for daytime operations. If Disney reserves most of their Halloween stuff/costumes for their own nighttime Halloween events, I doubt Universal would put out the same for SNW characters for normal/daytime operations before Halloween night. I just don't see that Universal would do something like that in real life.

As for whether SNW could be open as a scarezone or not for HHN, my reasoning was since Booville, a non-scariest place for HHN 2002 yet classified as a scarezone, could open, then SNW can do the same as well. I guess that Booville in 2002 was very different than the current SNW, but again, it's not that far fetched. SNW doesn't have to be scary, but it makes much more fun if it has Halloween overlays and Nintendo ghoul-like characters roaming around the area. Nintendo also makes music that are creepy and doesn't really shy away from it at all. Play some scary Nintendo music especially if most of the attendees are mature people along the way similar to The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror opening/ending credits at the Upper Lot. Again earlier I said, I'm not saying it should be that scary, but it would be a nice to have some Halloween overlays and some scary music rather than being generic.