Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

Are we talking about the same event that informed a large number of manager roles they'd be working the event *checks my post history* 7 days before TM Preview? And went back and cast more people for the existing two houses 2 weeks into the event?

I have zero to contribute in terms of this rumor, but the only people seeming to dismiss it as worthless are those with no insider knowledge. I don't see the harm in some patience with a dash less shutting down/snark. It's a weird year. :shrug:
I am 100% certain that people knew of the current event more then 10 days in advance. Im not claiming to have complete insider knowledge but to dismiss me as having no “insight” is not fair. I personally would love to see Beetlejuice or another house open, but I don’t honestly see it happening...hopefully I’m wrong. Guess we will know more after today :)

The thoughts of opening a new house nobody has seen doesn’t exactly add up when they are encouraging passholders to not come next few weekends. I’m starting to think they may want to open it as a separate attraction after Halloween since beetlejuice is big year round

A year-round, no, I feel like they'll just open it and let it be a Halloween gift, what's a better trick or treat than to be given one more house, will it piss people off? Probably but again, it goes back to 19 with Shadows Of The Past, no one knew it was going to happen, Universal just put it out there and it happened. It will give employees hrs and bring money and get people into the park, will the capacity thing get in the way maybe, but again this event wasn't supposed to happen to begin with, yet here we are and it is what it is.

A year-round, no, I feel like they'll just open it and let it be a Halloween gift, what's a better trick or treat than to be given one more house, will it piss people off? Probably but again, it goes back to 19 with Shadows Of The Past, no one knew it was going to happen, Universal just put it out there and it happened. It will give employees hrs and bring money and get people into the park, will the capacity thing get in the way maybe, but again this event wasn't supposed to happen to begin with, yet here we are and it is what it is.
I would buy this, if there had been more demand for the houses we got. Doesn't seem like they ultimately did much for attendance.

I would buy this, if there had been more demand for the houses we got. Doesn't seem like they ultimately did much for attendance.
Again the event wasn’t supposed to happen, and they got free promotion from everyone coming, word of mouth travels fast and saves them money to really say what’s at park, again the park is hemorrhaging money and doing their best to get people in the park by word of mouth, with little promos here and there but that’s it, this event wasn’t to happen but because people “wanted” something from universal, they brought these two houses. It may not be a lot but it’s something, giving up Beetlejuice as the third house is not gonna kill the company. Nothing is gonna change next year, it’s still gonna be a fan service

Again the event wasn’t supposed to happen, and they got free promotion from everyone coming, word of mouth travels fast and saves them money to really say what’s at park, again the park is hemorrhaging money and doing their best to get people in the park by word of mouth, with little promos here and there but that’s it, this event wasn’t to happen but because people “wanted” something from universal, they brought these two houses. It may not be a lot but it’s something, giving up Beetlejuice as the third house is not gonna kill the company. Nothing is gonna change next year, it’s still gonna be a fan service
I hear all of that, and agree with most of it. I just don't see a house opening in the off season.

Guests don’t want a year round daytime haunt.
I would put it more as the regular guests don't give a toss about it. Nearly every time I've gone into a house during this, I've seen, "What's this?... Oh, a haunted house. Let's go ride whatever." HHN is wildly popular among HHN fans - as Jim Cornette would say, it's the kind of thing you'd like, if you're the sort of person who likes that kind of thing - but it's not for everyone, or even most.

Sorry if wrong area to post this but why did we get the e-mail about weekend busyness? Are they truly expecting a ton of people Halloween weekend? I am going too lol so idk

Also, some have complained in recent weeks (on the Passholder FB group, guest services, social media, etc) that they've gone to the parks on the weekend only to be turned away. By sending an email alerting everyone with a ticket and an email address on file, (not just passholders,) they're probably trying to let people know of the possibility BEFORE they drive on down to visit tomorrow, and mitigate future disappointment/complaints.