Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020 | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think it's Beetlejuice because, following up on clue I posted months ago, word from a soild source is WB pulled the plug because they didn't want the house associated with a super-spreader event. (This was last Summer.)

I also agree with @RevFreako, Universal doesn't need a weekend crowd, and a house wouldn't necessarily deliver one anyway.

But what about an after-hours event? Maybe open 1 or 2 more original houses plus Bride and Tooth Fairy. Universal has a history of things like this--most notably final B&T, but also private tour of Halloween house after screening the movie, the time they opened Hogsmeade after Potter 8, etc. Make tickets free on BrightEvent, guarantee yourself a 4-hour block of super-fans and try to sell the as much beer and blinky cups and food as you can, maybe mark down merch to unload it as well. Should bring in revenue--even though the parks are at capacity, given the crowd I bet revenue is down--and makes the super-fans feel special, ready to come back next year. This is a long shot, but it's the only reason I see to open an extra house or two.

I don't think it's Beetlejuice because, following up on clue I posted months ago, word from a soild source is WB pulled the plug because they didn't want the house associated with a super-spreader event. (This was last Summer.)

I also agree with @RevFreako, Universal doesn't need a weekend crowd, and a house wouldn't necessarily deliver one anyway.

But what about an after-hours event? Maybe open 1 or 2 more original houses plus Bride and Tooth Fairy. Universal has a history of things like this--most notably final B&T, but also private tour of Halloween house after screening the movie, the time they opened Hogsmeade after Potter 8, etc. Make tickets free on BrightEvent, guarantee yourself a 4-hour block of super-fans and try to sell the as much beer and blinky cups and food as you can, maybe mark down merch to unload it as well. Should bring in revenue--even though the parks are at capacity, given the crowd I bet revenue is down--and makes the super-fans feel special, ready to come back next year. This is a long shot, but it's the only reason I see to open an extra house or two.
They could sell out socially distanced lights on tours. The local fans would eat them up

Also, some have complained in recent weeks (on the Passholder FB group, guest services, social media, etc) that they've gone to the parks on the weekend only to be turned away. By sending an email alerting everyone with a ticket and an email address on file, (not just passholders,) they're probably trying to let people know of the possibility BEFORE they drive on down to visit tomorrow, and mitigate future disappointment/complaints.
It's too crowded, I feel like I'm in danger
And also, I want in thanks

Reactions: SeventyOne
Stop the presses, is the rumor that it will start Halloween weekend?
If I miss BeetleJuice by a day (I'm coming on the Friday before.) I'll be peeved, but glad to see people got to experience it.
This is like Top 3 most wanted houses (IP wise) for me. I would hate for it to be open after Halloween.

How long do you think until the big man says something?

One last post and then I'm out (at least for the season) because this happens too often at this point.

Now that more people are vouching for BJ happening and HHNRumors is even saying a dress rehearsal is scheduled, this should be a learning lesson about being snarky and rude af when people try to contribute rumors. I didn't roast anyone. I defended those posting rumors while folks like Jay and several others on here tweeted rude nonsense like this mocking Gambit simply for sharing what they heard. They didn't even claim it as fact. Simply offered up what they heard and got attacked by members for it.

Don't preach positivity while bringing the actual toxicity to the community. Rumors should be allowed to flow and be discussed without mockery just because it's hard to believe. This stuff should be fun.

And with that, I bow out of this discussion.

Happy Spooking.

I appreciate it. I didn't take anything to heart because I'm confident in what I know, but it definitely is something to look out for when rumors get brought up in the future. I was in the Smash Bros spec scene for awhile, I know about unbelievable rumors being real and believable ones being fake. It can be a tough line sometimes.

For the record, nothing is announced until it's announced. I've got November 1st marked on my calender anyways, I'm very not confident about Halloween.

Daaaaaaay-o~

Only the vloggers are complaining about feeling too crowded...
They were for a while, and mostly about Universal.

And then Universal actually started hitting capacity

Now the APs are complaining about not getting in and Vloggers are still making videos about things being too crowded

And this time Epcot and HS have been brought in