Welcome to SCarey: Horror in the Heartland | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to SCarey: Horror in the Heartland

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The ending is shadybrook i think because the guards corpse says shadybrook security unless that was just a extra costume they had

I don't know if there was a Nicodemus scareactor in the original Hive (never got to do it) but I think the much taller vampire that scares you at the end of the Hive segment is definitely supposed to be Nicodemus. I remember seeing an interview where Charles Gray confirms that Nicodemus is in the house.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the lineup (in order):
  • Depths of Fear
  • Hive
  • Wyandot Estate
  • Dead End
  • The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes
  • H.R. Bloodengutz
  • Slaughter Sinema
  • Leave it to Cleaver
  • Hellgate Prison
Little correction from our R.I.P. guide Paul, he said the beginning is Depths of Fear.

Pretty sure I heard them play Future Castelo by Abiismo in the queue loop! That's from the Hive queue, didn't expect it!

I thought the queue music for Hive was John Carpenter’s “A Windy Death.” Didn’t know they played other songs.

What is the version of Pink Floy’d “The Wall” that plays in the queue and The Skoolhouse?

Just saw a video of the maze. Was that seriously supposed to be the Skoolhouse? Looked barely like it. Plus with the burning wood and Cindy I’d have figured it instead to be a homage to 2010’s Orfanage.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
Just saw a video of the maze. Was that seriously supposed to be the Skoolhouse? Looked barely like it. Plus with the burning wood and Cindy I’d have figured it instead to be a homage to 2010’s Orfanage.
A couple of the scenes were doing double duty; in addition to this one:
-The final scene was set inside an industrial facility that, depending on the cast, was either Shadowcreek Enterprises, from Havoc, or Hellgate Prison. I only saw the Dog of War once, but he was there

-The Wyandot estate section was a nod to both Dead End and Legendary Truth, kind of mixing the two

-Even the first scene was a mix of The Spawning with some Depths of Fear mixed in (for some reason...not sure the Carey connection here)

A couple of the scenes were doing double duty; in addition to this one:
-
-Even the first scene was a mix of The Spawning with some Depths of Fear mixed in (for some reason...not sure the Carey connection here)
For the last one, it’s very likely an effort to make some aspect of the scene recognizable. Because the whole thing is “Nostalgia: The House,” and The Spawning is hardly remembered by current fans, throwing Depths in there gives some ‘Member-Berry satisfaction.

I don't love this house as much as everyone else.... I read all the Easter eggs and I see what everything means, but this house might be the weakest of the event for me. I understand the nostalgia elements and the nods, but it is kinda messy and underwhelming... I don't know.

This house was fun, but it's certainly the shortest house of the bunch and feels that way, too. Part of it could be due to the Wynadot Estate and Dead End blending together, and Slaughter Sinema is less of a scene and more of a cameo poster in Leave it to Cleaver. Also felt like this one had more vinyl than the other originals, too.

I did appreciate the deep cut lore crammed into this house (eg, the Sculders who got me way more than the Mouthbrooders of Depths of Fear ever did in 2019.), and I'm glad they brought back the main scare in the Wynadot Estate since I always heard about that one, but never saw it since I didn't start attending until 28. An boy, that one wrecked me! I also appreciated that over the course of my visit, a different scare/scene would end up getting me in each run-through.

All in all, it was a consistently enjoyable house for me.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
I feel like I'm missing something, what/where is the Depths of Fear representation in here?

And I also wish there was more Slaughter rep here, even just a single Yeti!