Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 359 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I legit think UC has concepts ready for EU expansion but just needs justification and approvals.
I agree. I would be surprised if they didn't have a +5year and +10year from opening business plan written.
I think they probably have a park layout planned, as they would need that to plan ahead for water management, even if it's unsure on what to put in it. I think they can get a few more holding ponds outside the main site to reduce the size of the current pond (basic rule of thumb is they need to retain 52 acres of pond surface area)

We talked about it on the podcast, but essentially yes it could be like Triansformers, except you know you’re going up and down, whereas on Transformers they hide that.

The patent talks about possibly changing physical sets in one room, completely changing the way it looks before you come back to it. It also mentions possible projections used between rooms or for characters in scenes. The point of the patent was you go back and forth, up and down and back, over and over, but it looks like you’re visiting different rooms every time! Which is kind of neat.

Its a patent for a concept though, and doesn’t illustrate the full scope of an attraction.

Gonna be at least 50ft tall if the connecting theatre building is five stories right? Possibly be multiple floors of rooms, I can't remember it saying only two floors when we went over the patent (pending )

Reactions: JoeCamel
Gonna be at least 50ft tall if the connecting theatre building is five stories right? Possibly be multiple floors of rooms, I can't remember it saying only two floors when we went over the patent (pending )
At least “30” foot tall. The way things are graded, it’s possible one or two floors could be below guests’ ground level.

I agree. I would be surprised if they didn't have a +5year and +10year from opening business plan written.
I think they probably have a park layout planned, as they would need that to plan ahead for water management, even if it's unsure on what to put in it. I think they can get a few more holding ponds outside the main site to reduce the size of the current pond (basic rule of thumb is they need to retain 52 acres of pond surface area)

There was also a floor for traveling between the two in the middle

Is there any interactivity rumored for this?

I understand the logistics would be near impossible and they let us use wands in the lands (hope they expand that even further here), but being in a middle of an action scene and using a wand to defeat something would be so much fun. If we can’t get the flying car, this would work for another “iconic” Potter thing.

I legit think UC has concepts ready for EU expansion but just needs justification and approvals.

For sure. I've been having a lot of thoughts about the car park and how that could be a clue to the future.

I think they'll do something similar at this resort to how they expanded out the current resort. The master plan for UOR is copyrighted 1991, so it was being thought about well before USF opened.

I think it's inevitable that they'll build a 4th gate at some point and the new park and surrounding area is being built with that in mind.

Why build a flat parking lot?

1) It's fast and cheap
2) It's a tried and proven method for future expansion
3) It's a bad time to build a car park.

Why is it a bad time to build a car park?

We're in a transitional stage of driving and transport. With more cars becoming electric, you're going to need to build a charging system but at this stage, we simply don't know what that will look like.

They could build something similar to Disneyland Paris with solar panels.

Disney_Solar_3-1536x1239-1-1200x968.jpg

The benefits being it provides shade, allows for easy electric car charging and is a green initiative.

The negatives being that it would be costly, especially if they're going to build a garage later and I don't know how this would fare during a hurricane.

On top of this, we don't know what the future of transport in Orlando will be like.

With ever increasing car rental prices, increased parking charges, many people are switching to uber/lyft. On top of this, depending on the route the Brightline railway goes, that could result in fewer cars on the road.

For sure. I've been having a lot of thoughts about the car park and how that could be a clue to the future.

I think they'll do something similar at this resort to how they expanded out the current resort. The master plan for UOR is copyrighted 1991, so it was being thought about well before USF opened.

I think it's inevitable that they'll build a 4th gate at some point and the new park and surrounding area is being built with that in mind.

1) It's fast and cheap

We're in a transitional stage of driving and transport. With more cars becoming electric, you're going to need to build a charging system but at this stage, we simply don't know what that will look like.

The benefits being it provides shade, allows for easy electric car charging and is a green initiative.

The negatives being that it would be costly, especially if they're going to build a garage later and I don't know how this would fare during a hurricane.

On top of this, we don't know what the future of transport in Orlando will be like.

With ever increasing car rental prices, increased parking charges, many people are switching to uber/lyft. On top of this, depending on the route the Brightline railway goes, that could result in fewer cars on the road.

I agree there is very likely a “master plan”.

Let’s get that LOTR for the 4th gate hype train going!!!

Reactions: RFRees and tielo

1) It's fast and cheap

Down the line? Yeah. But I was talking specifically about Epic Universe proposals for LotR, not a 4th gate. Similar to how Disney created Potter concepts before they "had" it.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
At least “30” foot tall. The way things are graded, it’s possible one or two floors could be below guests’ ground level.
The site wasnt raised 20ft, but honestly the taller the better because thats more blocking of the Sewage treatment place for when the wind blows easterly

• Haha
Reactions: OrlandoGuy

1) It's fast and cheap

But will there be trams for the flat lot?

The patent talks about possibly changing physical sets in one room, completely changing the way it looks before you come back to it. It also mentions possible projections used between rooms or for characters in scenes. The point of the patent was you go back and forth, up and down and back, over and over, but it looks like you’re visiting different rooms every time! Which is kind of neat.

Its a patent for a concept though, and doesn’t illustrate the full scope of an attraction.
With what sounds like a lot of moving parts, I hope things things don't break down and crucial thematic elements get stuck, and when coming back into the room the previous set pieces remain. I wonder if maybe they could use projection mapping to account for such instances? It wouldn't be as effective as the set piece itself moving in/out but would be better than nothing, especially if it would greatly clash with the rest of the room otherwise.

The site wasnt raised 20ft, but honestly the taller the better because thats more blocking of the Sewage treatment place for when the wind blows easterly
Since dragons eat, they also gotta :poop:, so when that happens just consider it as an extra thematic element from the HTTYD area adding to the grand immersive experience Universal is aiming for with this park. Sights, sounds, and smells! :lol:

The only rumored expansion I care about at Epic Universe is Creature from the Black Lagoon.

I hope they start on it before the park even opens.
It's obviously super early (are there even rumors of what it might entail?) but: In thinking of it as a spiritual successor to Jaws, depending on how they do it, that could even include bringing back skippers that host tours around the lagoon. One thing that would be cool and to differentiate it from Jaws would be having the vehicle be a glass bottom boat. It could be done with a screen or have it as a real see-through pane towards the bottom of the lagoon utilizing lights under the boat to illuminate things.

The queue could be something similar to Expedition Everest where we go through a modern day research camp with pictures, fossils, and other such things leading up to the ride.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
It's obviously super early (are there even rumors of what it might entail?) but: In thinking of it as a spiritual successor to Jaws, depending on how they do it, that could even include bringing back skippers that host tours around the lagoon.

Not a ton of concrete rumors (beyond it being a boat ride), but a lot of wishful/hopeful thinking about the possibilities of a Jaws/Jungle Cruise for the 21st century.

I'd love to see them use live skippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.