Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
With what sounds like a lot of moving parts, I hope things things don't break down and crucial thematic elements get stuck, and when coming back into the room the previous set pieces remain. I wonder if maybe they could use projection mapping to account for such instances? It wouldn't be as effective as the set piece itself moving in/out but would be better than nothing, especially if it would greatly clash with the rest of the room otherwise.

Also, I hope they don't just use projection mapping where a real set piece would work just as well. I'm not saying don't use projection mapping for anything, but it should be combined.

my first thoughts were this type of screening on the eastern edges of the park, the berm east edge of dragons is ~30ft tall at the moment, i would guess this kinda of screen is a similar height if not more
View attachment 15801

f215576ad81033c1c658165d4d45df8d.gif

Attachments

• 1643040099717.jpeg
    1643040099717.jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 0
Theme an attraction around the smell....Instead of Star Wars...."Stink Wars" ....oh wait....they already did an attraction that stinks at sister park USF, namely Fast&Furious. My bad. :eek:O: :lol:

I don't mean that they're growing there as final location. They'll grow and later be moved.

The Kirkman extension goes right through the farm to the west. The one to the east don't touch anything in any of the permits.
The eastern area was definitely started by Universal for future transplanting, but the western one appears to long predate Universal's purchase of the land.

Not a ton of concrete rumors (beyond it being a boat ride), but a lot of wishful/hopeful thinking about the possibilities of a Jaws/Jungle Cruise for the 21st century.

I'd love to see them use live skippers.
I figured as much, but perhaps Universal will throw us a curve ball and give us something we're not expecting. I think we're naturally gravitating to a Jaws/Jungle Cruise thing because it's a lagoon so we also assume it would be a boat ride. I mean, what else could it be?

Going a little crazy with the idea, would a submarine ride ever be possible to go into the lagoon instead of being on the water? Sort of a new take on Finding Nemo/20,000 Leagues Under the Sea sort of deal.

Also, I hope they don't just use projection mapping where a real set piece would work just as well. I'm not saying don't use projection mapping for anything, but it should be combined.
From what's seen on SLOP, MK, and Kung Fu Panda, Universal's zoned in on their mix of projection mapping and physical set pieces really well so it's safe to assume they'd make similarly smart choices here too. I'd guess it really depends on how fast the switching is between scenes, as faster movements seem to create more issues than a slower, smoother transition. If we enter the room facing one direction and then reenter it again facing the opposite direction it could end up as a nonissue. It'll be interesting to look back on this conversation in a couple of years.

my first thoughts were this type of screening on the eastern edges of the park, the berm east edge of dragons is ~30ft tall at the moment, i would guess this kinda of screen is a similar height if not more
View attachment 15801
You may be on to something. In the HP area there's a wall to help enclose the space on the northern edge of the park.

random-wall.PNG

Between that, the tall show buildings, and the numerous trees it probably won't be noticeable most days if at all.

I figured as much, but perhaps Universal will throw us a curve ball and give us something we're not expecting. I think we're naturally gravitating to a Jaws/Jungle Cruise thing because it's a lagoon so we also assume it would be a boat ride. I mean, what else could it be?

Going a little crazy with the idea, would a submarine ride ever be possible to go into the lagoon instead of being on the water? Sort of a new take on Finding Nemo/20,000 Leagues Under the Sea sort of deal.

Creature lends itself so perfectly to a boat ride, though, because that's the mode of transport in the original movie:
tumblr_pxumcsHD6e1sqf5tdo5_400.gifv

That said, if they tried to do something like the 20,000 Leagues ride from Tokyo DisneySea, that could be fun, too.

Last edited:
For creature of the black lagoon to work, i think the ride vehicle would have to be the combination of the 20,000 leagues under the sea meets jungle cruise meets alien encounter. You have your underwater portion, your adventure portion in search of gillman, then gillman on the boat ready to attack portion. Since it looks like the ride is outside, then you will have to create/maintain a mutiple deck boat for this to work

Theme an attraction around the smell....Instead of Star Wars...."Stink Wars" ....oh wait....they already did an attraction that stinks at sister park USF, namely Fast&Furious. My bad. :eek:O: :lol:

Also, Disney covered it with the skunk part of "Journey Into Imagination", as well as the similarly bad metaphorical smell of Genie+/Lightning Lane.

Creature lends itself so perfectly to a boat right, though, because that's the mode of transport in the original movie:
tumblr_pxumcsHD6e1sqf5tdo5_400.gifv

That said, if they tried to do something like the 20,000 Leagues ride from Tokyo DisneySea, that could be fun, too.
Would it be too much to ask for someone to get snatched off the boat just like that during the ride? (I know it is but it's always fun to ask. ;)) Really though the reactions from unsuspecting guests would be worth the multiple rides alone.

I will say this, and this is 100% speculating, but, supposedly Creature was intended to be an opening day attraction back in the beginning. It was held off until phase 2 because one of the technologies involved on the ride was going to take a little bit longer in development. IF they have worked out that tech in the time that the park has been delayed, they could jump on this and get it done sooner.

It may have already gone through design processes and be ready to go, but it'll still be dependent on whether materials and ride system manufacturing can be ready in time. Either way, I feel good about this one happening, even if it remains phase 2, because it was so far along already.
I know this post wasn't that long ago but to bring it up again for this question to @Alicia (or anyone else who may know)—Have you come across any patents submitted by Universal that might hint at something for this ride? I'm aware there's little there in general about it, especially since it may be held off until later, but I wanted to ask that particular question. Otherwise I know this subject is at a dead-end for now.

I know this post wasn't that long ago but to bring it up again for this question to @Alicia (or anyone else who may know)—Have you come across any patents submitted by Universal that might hint at something for this ride? I'm aware there's little there in general about it, especially since it may be held off until later, but I wanted to ask that particular question. Otherwise I know this subject is at a dead-end for now.
There was a ride system video posted many pages ago featuring a boat/coaster hybrid that some were speculating could influence the ride. But the only thing I know is which manufacturer is not working on it - not very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.