Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 361 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this post wasn't that long ago but to bring it up again for this question to @Alicia (or anyone else who may know)—Have you come across any patents submitted by Universal that might hint at something for this ride? I'm aware there's little there in general about it, especially since it may be held off until later, but I wanted to ask that particular question. Otherwise I know this subject is at a dead-end for now.
I don't believe we have seen any permits related to this attraction yet. It seems that a new priority may be a change of plans for the theater attraction instead, but that's still just a rumor at this time. As of now, I think it is safe to assume that what we think will be a Creature from the Black Lagoon ride is still earmarked as phase 2.

If Universal doesn't make a Gilded Age/Downton Abbey resort complex on the new plot, they are throwing money away since they are the IP owner for both. It would do extremely well...

From inside SNW or Monsters, you won't see them, but from HTTYD and the eastern side of the hub you might. Sort of how you can see Aventura in the distance from MIB.
Dont worry. If youre standing in the centre of HTTYD with the wheel a mile and half away and 300ft from the eastern berm of the land. an object only has to be about 21 ft above eye level to block the top of the wheel. so if we say 10ft berm, 10 ft trees fully encloses the land but theres also trees and other buildings in between you and the berm. were not looking at a Swan and dolphin/Paris sightline type issue thankfully

Dont worry. If youre standing in the centre of HTTYD with the wheel a mile and half away and 300ft from the eastern berm of the land. an object only has to be about 21 ft above eye level to block the top of the wheel. so if we say 10ft berm, 10 ft trees fully encloses the land but theres also trees and other buildings in between you and the berm. were not looking at a Swan and dolphin/Paris sightline type issue thankfully

Hopefully, but you could easily see it along the turnpike, and EU is a lot closer.

I believe you are referring to the Mack Rocking Boat

You sure it wasn't that boat ride patent that could sorta fishtail in the water and go forward and backwards?
uni-flume-direction.png

You sure it wasn't that boat ride patent that could sorta fishtail in the water and go forward and backwards?
uni-flume-direction.png
Well the person referenced a video, and I went back through the thread to find it, but only ran across the Mack Rocking Boat video.

This one is interesting too, though.

Last edited:
Well the person referenced a video, I went back through and I went back through the thread to find it, but only ran across the Mack Rocking Boat video.

This one is interesting too, though.
The video is what I remember seeing but the patent looks promising too.

Eh, the turnpike is a flat and elevated surface with no major structures in a 360-degree view through most of it. A theme park, by design, keeps people in tight quarters surrounded by large structures that block your immediate field of vision.
Exactly, if the turnpike had structures 150ft away of less blocking the field of view would you see it? cos Dragons land has either berm or buildings 150ft or less blocking sightline

"This park has too many roller coasters," said no regular theme park guest ever.

I would much rather have a show in the land than another coaster.

Little in the classic movies naturally lends itself to that sort of attraction.
The land isn't based on the classic movies. It's based on the characters with a completely new timeline and story.

Status
Not open for further replies.