This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Was at the parks yesterday and randomly they had the Castle light show its the first show/base show

Great to see with barely any crowds in that area and wonder if the base show was just a test for the dark arts show.....or they will have on busy days the base show and then on the dates they announced its the Dark Arts show

Guessing it was a holdover until drones are ready for Dark Arts
I wonder then if the rumors I saw on Facebook were true that they wanted to start this week.....and rain had them move it back a week. Also no show on Saturday but on Sunday they did it, not complaining just interesting

Well it wasn’t kind to the entertainment budget last time, but hopefully the tech has gotten more reliable. Very exciting to hear! I assume you mean April 16th?
Typo. I meant the 26th. Because of rain the rehearsals were pushed back so...

It is a costly show. Takes a lot of crew, too. But it seems they are going all in. Spring Peak and then all summer.

Reactions: salismetho
I’m trying to figure out the expense also. Only thing I can think of is buying replacement drones or a royalty for Intel to use their show software.
That fact they do like.....4-6 shows a night to me means it might cost but also I see Drones as the future of Nightime shows.

If Disneyland in 10 years isn't mainly doing a show with Drones (not saying it wont have fireworks..just much much less) would surprise me. I also could see Drones being used with Projections for Nintendoland in Japan and DK land here

HEADS UP: They increased the price of Annual Passes!!! I know this because last week the gold pass (online price) was $299 and now it's $319. The prices went from | Platinum: $569 to $619 | Gold: $299 to $319 | Silver: $219 to $229 | Neighbor Pass: still $179.
This makes sense, with how busy it is and how APs get to come in any day as long as they aren't blacked out

HEADS UP: They increased the price of Annual Passes!!! I know this because last week the gold pass (online price) was $299 and now it's $319. The prices went from | Platinum: $569 to $619 | Gold: $299 to $319 | Silver: $219 to $229 | Neighbor Pass: still $179.

Noticed that the other day when I was getting a Silver pass for my MIL. I used www.greatworkperks.com which redirects to www.ushtix.com and it said Only $209 (Save $20). I remembered it being $219 not too long ago.

I’m trying to figure out the expense also. Only thing I can think of is buying replacement drones or a royalty for Intel to use their show software.
Keep in mind, Intel no longer owns and operates a drone light company anymore. The drone light show segment of the company was bought out by Elon Musk’s brother, who runs the Nova Sky Stories drone light show company.

Simpsons was backed opened yesterday but per the App is not open this morning so yeah I think this ride needs to go down for a while but they can't because of how busy they are

Simpsons was backed opened yesterday but per the App is not open this morning so yeah I think this ride needs to go down for a while but they can't because of how busy they are

I wonder if universal has been keeping a secret... is it finally dying?
(its known but this ride is still operational under Bttf, the state plaque was never changed)

I wonder if universal has been keeping a secret... is it finally dying?
(its known but this ride is still operational under Bttf, the state plaque was never changed)
It just need months of work not a week here and there.

Its old and needs time off....but from Summer to Christmas they need it and since they closed two shows this year I'm assuming they didn't want it down too long now either but I hope in August they take the ride down for a few months to make the projectors look better and the ride not break as much

It just need months of work not a week here and there.

Its old and needs time off....but from Summer to Christmas they need it and since they closed two shows this year I'm assuming they didn't want it down too long now either but I hope in August they take the ride down for a few months to make the projectors look better and the ride not break as much
Signs of a ride that needs to be laid to rest in the not to distant future.