Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to go multiple nights on the cheapest multi night discount for passholders. When they got rid of the discount I did one night with express and got to everything twice but it was way too much walking. Next year I did no express and just barely did everything once with early entry. At this point I just want to be able to go earlier in September and not have to go until 2am to get every house done with a non express ticket after getting in early for opening. I would rather pay for two nights if universal didn't pack the park if the increased dates and lack of multi night passes made this possible over express. In Hollywood the multi night passes have not been a thing for some time.

Not sure about the sea world dates but I hope to get there on the first weekend to do both

Hey, sorry for newbie question here but just want to get an opinion!

As a bit of background I went to HHN for the first time on my first trip to Orlando (from the UK) in October 2018, absolutely loved it even though I did it on my own (my Wife has no interest and we have a young daughter). We have been back to Orlando twice since in 2021 and 2022, lots of trips cancelled during Covid too, but we have been going at Easter or early August due to school, so HHN was never a consideration for me in these trips. We are going back this year on August 19th for two weeks. I noticed when the dates came out that amazingly I could actually go to opening night, as we fly home the day after. This has seriously excited me as I had not planned for this being possible at all, it never even occurred to me. I booked a ticket instantly without even thinking about it yesterday evening.

However, I woke up today concerned about how busy it might be on an opening night. I will be on my own again so would be moving house to house as quickly as I can - stopping just for pizza fries - but is it even possible to do it all in one night on the opening day? I managed it last time but that was a random weeknight in mid October. Any advice appreciated!

As a bit of background I went to HHN for the first time on my first trip to Orlando (from the UK) in October 2018, absolutely loved it even though I did it on my own (my Wife has no interest and we have a young daughter). We have been back to Orlando twice since in 2021 and 2022, lots of trips cancelled during Covid too, but we have been going at Easter or early August due to school, so HHN was never a consideration for me in these trips. We are going back this year on August 19th for two weeks. I noticed when the dates came out that amazingly I could actually go to opening night, as we fly home the day after. This has seriously excited me as I had not planned for this being possible at all, it never even occurred to me. I booked a ticket instantly without even thinking about it yesterday evening.

However, I woke up today concerned about how busy it might be on an opening night. I will be on my own again so would be moving house to house as quickly as I can - stopping just for pizza fries - but is it even possible to do it all in one night on the opening day? I managed it last time but that was a random weeknight in mid October. Any advice appreciated!

In my experience, it's definitely possible - especially if you stay and scream. Even with the crowds how they are now, if you plan it right (and with a little bit of luck), you can comfortably be done with half the houses before the sun goes down. And you can knock out at least one of the big IP houses early. As the crowds roll in, you're definitely going to have to wait for stuff, but the last hour or so usually calms down. So if you stay open to close, yeah, you should get through all the houses. May have to skip the shows and blow through zones a bit though.
Or, of course, if you buy express, you'll be in good shape. Although it seems like opening weekend has been a bit of a mess for express lately

Opening night will be busy. As it’s opening night it’s also media night so all the bloggers will be there filming for their video. Th at means them taking their time in the houses to try to get all the scares. I’ve seen videos of them stopping at a boo hole to try and get the scare.

It’s also highly likely to rain. It’s the curse of opening night :lol: It always rains and rains bad. The back houses in the ST usually flood and close for a while. They open back up later but it’s always a good idea to hit those houses as soon as possible.

But with all that it’s still possible to do everything that night. Probably have to skip the shows like Conner said. I also suggest doing stay and scream.

Is the Japanese Creatures idea out the window? Because "The legend is real" teaser------might be a stretch------ kind of resembles The Ring trailer, and since the ghost in that movie is an Onryo... hmmm

General observations: surprised no Microsoft corporate buyout this year (seems like it's always been a thing). Also surprised no HHN on 10/30. Wouldn't be shocked to see that added if crowds are insane or if we get another hurricane closing.

Opening night will be busy. As it’s opening night it’s also media night so all the bloggers will be there filming for their video. Th at means them taking their time in the houses to try to get all the scares. I’ve seen videos of them stopping at a boo hole to try and get the scare.

It’s also highly likely to rain. It’s the curse of opening night :lol: It always rains and rains bad. The back houses in the ST usually flood and close for a while. They open back up later but it’s always a good idea to hit those houses as soon as possible.

But with all that it’s still possible to do everything that night. Probably have to skip the shows like Conner said. I also suggest doing stay and scream.

Also a lot of corporate VIP tours. I've stood in Express and waited for two or three tours in a row go in on opening night.

In addition, the houses haven't "gelled" yet. Actors haven't figured out what works. Inevitably every house improves, and one of the top two or three was dismissed opening weekend as a stinker. Opening weekend is a fun time to see old friends and for everyone to join in the Orlando "FIRST" movement, but it's far from the best way to experience the event.

In addition, the houses haven't "gelled" yet. Actors haven't figured out what works. Inevitably every house improves, and one of the top two or three was dismissed opening weekend as a stinker. Opening weekend is a fun time to see old friends and for everyone to join in the Orlando "FIRST" movement, but it's far from the best way to experience the event.

I don't recommend anyone who plans on visiting the event for a night or two to go opening weekend for the reasons you stated above.

Give the event 2 weekends to get into the groove and fix operational adjustments. Legends Collide was at the bottom of my list on opening weekend before shooting up all the way to #1 after Week 3.

Also a lot of corporate VIP tours. I've stood in Express and waited for two or three tours in a row go in on opening night.

Very true. Opening weekend is a mess. That’s why as a local I like to go both opening weekend and closing weekend and see how the event changed.

Is the Japanese Creatures idea out the window? Because "The legend is real" teaser------might be a stretch------ kind of resembles The Ring trailer, and since the ghost in that movie is an Onryo... hmmm
As others have said, I wouldn't look into the teaser that much. While there's a possibility the teaser is hinting towards another overarching theme like last year, the overarching theme wouldn't be dropping hints at any of the houses. Last year the overarching theme of the Holiday of Halloween was more found in the merch and scare zones.

Did I fat finger a settings change or has the forum format been revised?

Or am I just getting old? Looks very different to me…

Edit: thanks for the link. I thought I was going crazy…

I wonder what the sweet spot for the lowest crowds will be. Second or third weekend? Sometimes the dynamic pricing and multi tickets I feel like lead to some of the "more expensive" days at times being less crowded, but I don't have data to back that up just some experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.