Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

I would think it would feature mostly live action films. Just to be clear this will probably never happen, I’m just spitballing here.
I was actually really digging the idea of Universal's take on a great movie ride. Who knows maybe something like that will happen someday.

I was actually really digging the idea of Universal's take on a great movie ride. Who knows maybe something like that will happen someday.
Oh it definitely could be great, but I’m not sure if it’s part of their current business model with the IP they select for the parks.

This kind of already exists with the Tram Tour in Hollywood -- and then we sort of had our own version of the Tram Tour in Orlando but with sections of the Tram Tour being their own standalone rides i.e Jaws (RIP) -- that said, I would LOVE for us to get something consolidated like the Tram Tour in Orlando.

I've never seen someone online telling someone you must stop at the Simpsons restaurants for food.

I think there is still a dedicated fanbase who does go to get a Simpsons' Krusty Burger for the theming/novelty of having a Krusty Burger. That said, that fan base is getting smaller and smaller, shrinking by the day.

I bet Disney wants it's ip back even if they don't do a thing with it.
Remember Oswald the lucky rabbit?
In 2006 Disney bought back the rights for it from Universal

The Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck could become Bumblebee Transformer Taco Truck. (yeh no Spongebob love from me, yuch)

A Bumblebee Transformer Truck in Simpsons land when there's a Transformers attraction in another area of the park? Hmm..respectfully...not so sure this would work. The only thing similar between the two is the word "Bumblebee."

This kind of already exists with the Tram Tour in Hollywood -- and then we sort of had our own version of the Tram Tour in Orlando but with sections of the Tram Tour being their own standalone rides i.e Jaws (RIP) -- that said, I would LOVE for us to get something consolidated like the Tram Tour in Orlando.

I've never seen someone online telling someone you must stop at the Simpsons restaurants for food.

I think there is still a dedicated fanbase who does go to get a Simpsons' Krusty Burger for the theming/novelty of having a Krusty Burger. That said, that fan base is getting smaller and smaller, shrinking by the day.

A Bumblebee Transformer Truck in Simpsons land when there's a Transformers attraction in another area of the park? Hmm..respectfully...not so sure this would work. The only thing similar between the two is the word "Bumblebee."

Please avoid double or triple posting in such a short span of time. If you need to respond to multiple posts at once, use the multiquote tool.

I feel like closing the Simpsons areas in both coasts in 2027-28 and replacing them both with Pokemon areas (Hollywood just replacing the ride space with a new one and retheming the restaurants, Orlando doing the same but expanding into behind Springfield for additional attractions) just makes too much sense to me. Timing works out well for a major expansion after Epic/the 2028 Olympics in LA, an out of date ride system is replaced with new non-screen attractions in parks that already have multiple simulators, and Pokemon merch sales would blow the already-good Simpsons merch sales out of the water. I love Simpsons and even enjoy the ride more than most but with the limited contract and decaying ride system I don't see much of a reason to keep it around past 2027-28.

I feel like closing the Simpsons areas in both coasts in 2027-28 and replacing them both with Pokemon areas (Hollywood just replacing the ride space with a new one and retheming the restaurants, Orlando doing the same but expanding into behind Springfield for additional attractions) just makes too much sense to me. Timing works out well for a major expansion after Epic/the 2028 Olympics in LA, an out of date ride system is replaced with new non-screen attractions in parks that already have multiple simulators, and Pokemon merch sales would blow the already-good Simpsons merch sales out of the water. I love Simpsons and even enjoy the ride more than most but with the limited contract and decaying ride system I don't see much of a reason to keep it around past 2027-28.
I think they would close the rides in 2026 as Universal usually builds rides in 2 years. And if they went with Pokemon what ride system do you think they would go with? If they went with the SCOOP I would prefer if USH and USF got a unique ride vs the reskinned Spiderman ride they have in Japan. Universal also filed patents for tower rides which includes the stacked dark and an interactive dark ride tower. Maybe one of those would be used.

Spongebob would be an amazing replacement but if for whatever reason the IP was tricky to get, I kind of imagined a Tokyo/ L.A. area themed to (don't kill me) F&F. You could have something akin to Ford's Garage as the main dining option, the bar can stay, there could be photo ops for the cars, and ofc removing Simpsons for a ride worthy of the F&F title (*cough cough* our own version of Hollywood Drift). That could leave San Fran to become whatever else they'd like.

Something similar to what they did with London/Diagon Alley would be amazing with Tokyo/Pokemon... brings another city to USF, generic enough to use other IPs, and creates the opportunity to do a big reveal for Pokemon as you enter the land.

Agree with comments about converting Springfield into Bikini Bottom. It would be an instant classic. They're still churning out episodes of the show and making movies so it's still very relevant and family friendly. It's honestly shocked me that the only Spongebob related thing at Universal is the store.

Fast Food Boulevard could easily change into a Bikini Bottom Boulevard/The Krusty Krab Food Hall easily. You could even write it into the lore that Mr. Krabs decided to expand The Krusty Krab into a food hall with more dining options for $$$.

• Lisa’s Teahouse of Horror ------> Pearl's Place
  • Luigi’s Pizza ------> Krusty Krab Pizza
  • The Frying Dutchman ------> The Chum Bucket
  • Cletus’ Chicken Shack -----> Sea Chicken Shack (or Sandy's Spot, could even be BBQ influenced given her Texas roots.)
  • Krusty Burger-----> The Krusty Krab (Obviously)
  • Flaming Moe’s-----> This one's a bit trickier to re-theme but I'm sure Universal figure it out.
Duff Brewery would also be a little bit trickier but would actually be really fun to re-theme into a Bikini Bottom Tiki Bar honestly. Maybe Patchy the Pirate influenced?

I think that Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl could be given a Plankton retheme very easily or the Flying Dutchman.

As far as The Simpsons Ride, it wouldn't be hard to change into The Spongebob Ride. Just change the cars into a boat, swap out the video, and you have Spongebob's Boating School Blast or something similar. Really the options are limitless.

Then just convert the rest of Springfield into Bikini Bottom. Keep Midway Games just change them into a nautical theme. Spongebob Character Meet and Greets could expand into this area beyond the Spongebob Storepants. Shut down the current Spongebob Storepants location and move it into the Kwik-E-Mart area. It's a no-brainer really.
I’m just now catching up on the thread so forgive me for being late to this reply.

I’ve figured out what could replace Moe’s: The Salty Splatoon. If this were to come to Hollywood, the ice cream place can be Weenie Hut Jr’s.

But I think Bikini Bottom would be the best replacement for Springfield

Guys, I’m fairly confident Nickelodeon would never allow alcohol to be sold with Spongebob branding.

I really don’t think Spongebob is happening anytime soon.
I want Universal to use an in house IP. But over at Hollywood I would also think it would be cool if they did something with the classic monsters, but something unique instead of porting the KUKA ride from EU

I want Universal to use an in house IP. But over at Hollywood I would also think it would be cool if they did something with the classic monsters, but something unique instead of porting the KUKA ride from EU
Indoor coaster would be a fantastic ride for the Universal Monsters IP. Would also make a great replacement for Mummy.

I really don’t think Spongebob is happening anytime soon.
100% agree. I just can't envision current Universal going outside their IP catalog unless it's a deal that's too good to pass up, and I have no idea what that would even be - a Marvel-type contract maybe? Part of me wonders if Comcast isn't waiting to see what shakes out with WB before committing to something, though I'm sure they have concepts ready to plug in if Disney pulls the rights after contract expiration.

100% agree. I just can't envision current Universal going outside their IP catalog unless it's a deal that's too good to pass up, and I have no idea what that would even be - a Marvel-type contract maybe? Part of me wonders if Comcast isn't waiting to see what shakes out with WB before committing to something, though I'm sure they have concepts ready to plug in if Disney pulls the rights after contract expiration.
Universal owns so many evergreen properties even if they are older, I really think it’d be in their best interest to start flexing them again in USF. Variety has always been an appealing part of theme parks, I really would hate to see the remaining unique areas of the park swallowed by Nintendo or Potter. I wonder at which point they’ll start to see diminishing returns for those properties if they really are insistent on continuing to incorporate them into the parks.

I really want a Duff IPA and don’t see why they don’t make one. Duff currently from what I remember is more APA but I’d love a more standar hoppy Duff IPA. I’d buy soooo much and take some back to my hotel if allowed.