1st visit to DLR !! | Inside Universal Forums

1st visit to DLR !!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 31, 2013
Being an east coaster and having made many trips to WDW (currently a passholder), I have always wanted to checkout the Disneyland Resort. Well, thanks to a business trip I will be heading out to the left coast and spending 4 days with my wife at Disneyland (4/14-17). I am sooooo psyched. We are staying at DLH so we can take advantage of the early morning hour and already have reservations for patio dinner seating for Fantasmic as well as a Paint the Night dinner package at Wine Country. I didn't realize we would be arriving at the start of Pixar Fest, so I will be sure to grab lots of pics to post when I get back.

Any other tips or tricks I should know about while we are there? I am already planning to get MaxPass since my son said it was a great add-on when he used it earlier this year. Just the pictures alone are worth the cost.

Reactions: Scott W.
I am so excited for you. You're honestly already doing it right just by staying on-site, taking advantage of the early morning hours, and taking care of your seating for Fantasmic.

If MaxPass works the way it did for me in Shanghai, it's a dream! Totally worth the $10 per day. Nothing else to say except have a blast and enjoy Pixar Fest. I was so excited for my first Halloweentime at DLR later this year but now all this Pixar Fest stuff has me itching to be there sooner.

I think there was a similar thread to this a few months ago with some sound advice. I’ll have a look when I get home from work.

You’re going to have a blast. I’m finding it fascinating to see what people think of DLR when they have spent so much time arbor wDW.

Being an east coaster and having made many trips to WDW (currently a passholder), I have always wanted to checkout the Disneyland Resort. Well, thanks to a business trip I will be heading out to the left coast and spending 4 days with my wife at Disneyland (4/14-17). I am sooooo psyched. We are staying at DLH so we can take advantage of the early morning hour and already have reservations for patio dinner seating for Fantasmic as well as a Paint the Night dinner package at Wine Country. I didn't realize we would be arriving at the start of Pixar Fest, so I will be sure to grab lots of pics to post when I get back.

Any other tips or tricks I should know about while we are there? I am already planning to get MaxPass since my son said it was a great add-on when he used it earlier this year. Just the pictures alone are worth the cost.

One thing I will say about the DLH is that it's farther away from the parks than it seems. At the end of a long day, that walk sucks.

PtN was one of the highlights of our trip. Unfortunately our first night there was the only night it showed. Plan on seeing it multiple times if you can.

First thing to do in the morning is get your RCR FP. It is a mad rush to those kiosks, and they are gone early in the day. Like within an hour of park opening. I'm not sure how Maxpass affects that, but I can't imagine that it makes them last longer.

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh